Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:40:32 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: /petition  (Read 14268 times)
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2014, 12:52:20 pm »

Few items I'd like to see... these are just suggestions - not trying to start a debate.  Roll Eyes

1.) Double loot should be permanent. Right now, the server has great content, but I think everyone knows EZ has a huge amount of progression, much of which requires a massive time sink. I feel new players frequently become dismayed by the slow rate of progress - often quitting or going back to p99. Since I joined EZ in 2010, the number of active players hasn't gone up, and appears to have decreased. This is particularly troubling when you consider people have more toons on average now than ever before (eg. 150-200 players is really ~25-50?).

I actually find myself waiting for double loot, and only logging in during those hours. The progress is much more satisfactory during DL (and the time sink is still massive). We could do quad loot on special occasions Wink. Benefits of permanent DL include: people playing more and higher player count, more new players sticking around for end-game content, more opportunity to create new content as more players approach T9, and more $ for the server as more people buy EZ credits for more expensive, higher end gear.

I realize some people might not like this proposal, particularly those who are already T9 and did it the hard way, but more players for the server means more $ which means more content which benefits those at the end game. Wink

2.) Much smaller proposal, but I would like to see guilds added to the Leaderboard. Maybe guilds with the most T9 flagged, largest guilds, most active guilds, or guilds with the most plat etc. This could also help new players identify guilds they might want to join, or at least give them something pretty to look at.

3.) Lastly, I'm sure this has already been proposed, but I think the solo instances should allow invites beyond the 6 man group. The limit seems unnecessary nowadays.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:11:40 pm by warrior5 » Logged

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 01:22:07 pm »

1.) Double loot should be permanent. Right now, the server has great content, but I think everyone knows EZ has a huge amount of progression, much of which requires a massive time sink. I feel new players frequently become dismayed by the slow rate of progress - often quitting or going back to p99. Since I joined EZ in 2010, the number of active players hasn't gone up, and appears to have decreased. This is particularly troubling when you consider people have more toons on average now than ever before (eg. 150-200 players is really ~25-50?). I actually find myself waiting for double loot, and only logging in during those hours. The progress is much more satisfactory during DL (and the time sink is still massive). We could do quad loot on special occasions Wink. Benefits of permanent DL include: people playing more and higher player count, more new players sticking around for end-game content, more opportunity to create new content as more players approach T9, and more $ for the server as more people buy EZ credits for more expensive, higher end gear.

Red: If the players do not move fast enough, they will move back to a slower server. So, make it faster to avoid the slowness before people move back to a slower server. That isn't even logical. Sorry friend, not happening.

In addition, faster time to completion will actually mean LESS players as it can be completed quickly and people fall off from boredom.

2.) Much smaller proposal, but I would like to see guilds added to the Leaderboard. Maybe guilds with the most T9 flagged, largest guilds, most active guilds, or guilds with the most plat etc. This could also help new players identify guilds they might want to join, or at least give them something pretty to look at.

This is possible. Will assault Akkadius with questions about this. :-)

3.) Lastly, I'm sure this has already been proposed, but I think the solo instances should allow invites beyond the 6 man group. The limit seems unnecessary nowadays.

Just making note, re-read that with particular attention being paid to the bits in red. The raid and guild instances exist for this. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 01:49:35 pm »

Few items I'd like to see... these are just suggestions - not trying to start a debate.  Roll Eyes
1.) Double loot should be permanent. Right now, the server has great content, but I think everyone knows EZ has a huge amount of progression, much of which requires a massive time sink. I feel new players frequently become dismayed by the slow rate of progress - often quitting or going back to p99. Since I joined EZ in 2010, the number of active players hasn't gone up, and appears to have decreased. This is particularly troubling when you consider people have more toons on average now than ever before (eg. 150-200 players is really ~25-50?).

I don't agree or disagree with a lot of this but you were on point about one thing. Recently this server has been dead, as simple as that. I saw maybe 350-400 on during dbl loot which is semi around normal but not as high as it could. As soon as it stops, we're back to seeing 160-180 at prime times. I don't know the current solution for that but I hope in the future that does change.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 02:06:09 pm »

Content is the short answer.

I'm about to finish up the T5 minidungeon (within the hour). Then I'll finish up the ultimate aug combines. Lastly, I'll likely convert TACVI into CT(t0.5) mini-dungeon.

After that, going to make get a scalable dungeon or dungeon series going soon. Also, Halloween is up in the air between three things right now. Won't spoil the surprise though :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 02:11:33 pm »

Since I joined EZ in 2010, the number of active players hasn't gone up, and appears to have decreased.

Ok, your post count is 4.  You do not appear to be an active player on EZ...you even state:
I actually find myself waiting for double loot, and only logging in during those hours

The way I see it you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.  Move along nothing to see here.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 02:16:55 pm »

1.) Double loot should be permanent. Right now, the server has great content, but I think everyone knows EZ has a huge amount of progression, much of which requires a massive time sink. I feel new players frequently become dismayed by the slow rate of progress - often quitting or going back to p99. Since I joined EZ in 2010, the number of active players hasn't gone up, and appears to have decreased. This is particularly troubling when you consider people have more toons on average now than ever before (eg. 150-200 players is really ~25-50?). I actually find myself waiting for double loot, and only logging in during those hours. The progress is much more satisfactory during DL (and the time sink is still massive). We could do quad loot on special occasions Wink. Benefits of permanent DL include: people playing more and higher player count, more new players sticking around for end-game content, more opportunity to create new content as more players approach T9, and more $ for the server as more people buy EZ credits for more expensive, higher end gear.

Red: If the players do not move fast enough, they will move back to a slower server. So, make it faster to avoid the slowness before people move back to a slower server. That isn't even logical. Sorry friend, not happening.

In addition, faster time to completion will actually mean LESS players as it can be completed quickly and people fall off from boredom.

This is possible. Will assault Akkadius with questions about this. :-)

Just making note, re-read that with particular attention being paid to the bits in red. The raid and guild instances exist for this. :-)

-Hate

I think there is a reason why more people play on p99. It may *feel* slower, but in reality there is much less to do to reach the peak. It actually feels within grasp once you invest some time. On EZ, the peak seems 100,000 miles high and hard to even comprehend even after you move into T3 and T4. On p99 you know the max level, the good guilds and the hardest mobs pretty quick.

I disagree with faster time to completion = less players. I really think EZ is too much of a grind right now. You have to weigh the impact of lower level players getting disheartened against high lvl players getting bored. The reality is, we have very few players right now, and most of them are T5+. We have very few active below T5. I did the CG/FG quests, LDON, and potime for 9 new characters over the last week or so and saw maybe *one* other live player the entire time in all pub zones. The server is clearly low on new players, not end-game players. As an alternative, perhaps double loot wouldn't apply to T5+?

I know about raid and guild instances - I just think it would be nice to have three options that work for all players instead of 2 1/2.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 02:18:42 pm »

Since I joined EZ in 2010, the number of active players hasn't gone up, and appears to have decreased.

Ok, your post count is 4.  You do not appear to be an active player on EZ...you even state:
I actually find myself waiting for double loot, and only logging in during those hours

The way I see it you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.  Move along nothing to see here.

My post count has nothing to do with my /played or my donations.

If you want the server to have more players, you might want to listen to players who have been on the fence. Don't be a troll - I'm just making some suggestions Wink
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:20:35 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 02:38:47 pm »

Asking people not to troll a dumb QQ post like this, is like asking water not to be wet.

You say you have time /played (since donations don't really matter in the grand scheme) then you should KNOW how this server is setup.  You should KNOW this server doesn't have but a few devs...therefore you should KNOW that content will be limited to what THEY can produce...so yes that is WHY this is a grind server.  If any of THOSE don't apply to your play style or you want to ride the train to WoW-ville, then by all means climb aboard and GTF out.  Just sayin'.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 02:43:08 pm »

Asking people not to troll a dumb QQ post like this, is like asking water not to be wet.

You say you have time /played (since donations don't really matter in the grand scheme) then you should KNOW how this server is setup.  You should KNOW this server doesn't have but a few devs...therefore you should KNOW that content will be limited to what THEY can produce...so yes that is WHY this is a grind server.  If any of THOSE don't apply to your play style or you want to ride the train to WoW-ville, then by all means climb aboard and GTF out.  Just sayin'.

Very productive thanks Grin I'd wager my suggestions are less dumb than your response.

Donations matter a lot by the way...

I never said anything was wrong with the content - in fact I said it was great. There is a huge amount of content here. My suggestion was about the grind pre-T5. You know what would be a really easy way for limited devs to improve the number of players? Perma DL Smiley

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 03:03:31 pm »

Quick tip for ya.  You're smarter when you're quiet.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 03:05:56 pm »

Quick tip for ya.  You're smarter when you're quiet.

Don't need your tips.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 03:23:50 pm »

I think you are dead wrong on the double loot aspect of this. Hate nailed it. The only thing that needs tweeking is the drop rates for individual stuff which has been addressed (essences). What you are asking for, and you probably don't mean it, is to pass go and collect your T9 gear. That's the way this came off to me and I'm sure others.

Keeze
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 03:25:13 pm »

I think you are dead wrong on the double loot aspect of this. Hate nailed it. The only thing that needs tweeking is the drop rates for individual stuff which has been addressed (essences). What you are asking for, and you probably don't mean it, is to pass go and collect your T9 gear. That's the way this came off to me and I'm sure others.

It's just a suggestion. I thought some would feel that way.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 03:37:59 pm »

There isn't anything wrong w/the suggestion if it's for the greater good. You just tailored it to yourself a little too much. The server is a grind server and was intended that to be with big rewards. You start the end game progression faster than P99. Think about it, you get to 50 after months. You get your planes gear after months. You get your kunark gear after months (think they are on that now...). Here one day you are starting epic rewards with less amount of time. Just because you make it to T9 doesn't mean the game is over. You got strike augs, SoA, UW and alts. Don't buy your way through the game, its not enjoyable.

Keeze
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 03:48:07 pm »

There isn't anything wrong w/the suggestion if it's for the greater good. You just tailored it to yourself a little too much. The server is a grind server and was intended that to be with big rewards. You start the end game progression faster than P99. Think about it, you get to 50 after months. You get your planes gear after months. You get your kunark gear after months (think they are on that now...). Here one day you are starting epic rewards with less amount of time. Just because you make it to T9 doesn't mean the game is over. You got strike augs, SoA, UW and alts. Don't buy your way through the game, its not enjoyable.

You can't compare progression in EZ directly to p99 in terms of gear/level. The question is, how much content is there, and how long does it take to move up. My point is, EZ actually has significantly more content, and can seem insurmountable to new players. You can get to the highest level with the best gear in p99 significantly faster than you can in EZ. Plus, the learning curve is way way lower on p99. As for buying your way, it's insane to play EZ without spending at least $150. That's my take.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64992
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 210