Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:50:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: /petition  (Read 14265 times)
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 03:50:47 pm »

You have the right to make suggestions.

I invoke my right to tell you they are bad with the exception of 2 which has no impact on the game.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 03:57:54 pm »

but more players for the server means more $ which means more content which benefits those at the end game

I would like an explanation on how this benefits.  The emu servers can not make profit, as it is suppose to be hobby/learning deal (which keeps from copyright issues)....and as the devs are not getting paid it's not like you are hiring more people to come up with content.  Al you can use donations for is to upgrade the server equipment, which has been done.....

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 04:13:50 pm »

I invoke my right to tell you they are bad with the exception of 2 which has no impact on the game.

So then let's do 2 :p

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 04:15:38 pm »

but more players for the server means more $ which means more content which benefits those at the end game

I would like an explanation on how this benefits.  The emu servers can not make profit, as it is suppose to be hobby/learning deal (which keeps from copyright issues)....and as the devs are not getting paid it's not like you are hiring more people to come up with content.  Al you can use donations for is to upgrade the server equipment, which has been done.....

Roll Eyes

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 04:39:08 pm »

You can't compare progression in EZ directly to p99 in terms of gear/level. The question is, how much content is there, and how long does it take to move up. My point is, EZ actually has significantly more content, and can seem insurmountable to new players. You can get to the highest level with the best gear in p99 significantly faster than you can in EZ. Plus, the learning curve is way way lower on p99. As for buying your way, it's insane to play EZ without spending at least $150. That's my take.

It's all about the grind, imagine the things you could've accomplished in-game, if you hadn't wasted your time talking nonsense on the board.

Carry on.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 04:48:04 pm »

You can't compare progression in EZ directly to p99 in terms of gear/level. The question is, how much content is there, and how long does it take to move up. My point is, EZ actually has significantly more content, and can seem insurmountable to new players. You can get to the highest level with the best gear in p99 significantly faster than you can in EZ. Plus, the learning curve is way way lower on p99. As for buying your way, it's insane to play EZ without spending at least $150. That's my take.

It's all about the grind, imagine the things you could've accomplished in-game, if you hadn't wasted your time talking nonsense on the board.

Carry on.

Imagine the things I could have accomplished in-game if I hadn't made suggestions on the board? In the suggestions section? When did this community get so "my IQ is 150!"

zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 04:58:09 pm »

Hate said he would talk to Akkadius about it.

Folks are getting short with you because of your first suggestion which does not go over well with people who have years invested in the game at normal drop rate.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 05:54:31 pm »

Hate said he would talk to Akkadius about it.

Folks are getting short with you because of your first suggestion which does not go over well with people who have years invested in the game at normal drop rate.

I get it. I expected that. However I think it should be pretty clear I'm making suggestions to make the server better. Not so I can hog all the "phat lewtz" without putting in the work. Sorry you guys don't see it that way. I get it would be frustrating to put in the work then watch others do it in less time - not a surprise.

That said I have one more suggestion to the community. Be more open to suggestions and less antagonistic - it serves no purpose.

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 06:37:14 pm »

heh...

#2 is pointless busy work that stretches the devs time further. it's more offensive to that the first suggestion.

The issue you bring up that's important is the roughness of playing without donating. It's a solid point, and here's some real counter arguments to that point:

1. ) FWP is vital for t5/t6/Eon farming. It is. But if you think outside the box there are ways around it. People farm t5 for essences or kill credits all the time and have no issues inviting extras along. If you say 'i don't play this game to sit at zone in and have someone do the work for me', then kill some effing corals, you slacker!  Smiley

Join a guild. Like joining a love commune with dudes with hot wives, there is always an alternative to being a viable financial sound member of society yourself. I've repopped a ton of anguish/abyss instances for guildies, joining a guild with ppl who have fwp's is the next best thing to having your own.

EONs can be bought, or if you've joined a guild, instances (even without repops) are essentially doubling or tripling your chances to get named eon mobs.

2. ) Fastest run speed.  It's 5 credits, can buy that with like 3.5 mil plat. done.

3. ) Group Levitate. Air elemental disguises are free, just farm up a buncha illusion cards while farming v1 charms on ldon 6. done and done.

4. ) Group COH. Make a mage. That will help for most tiers. Some don't allow COH. Oh well. It's a beautiful convenience.. but just that, a convenience.

5. ) Mass Rez. Don't die. Or just hold a couple cheerleader toons back. You get full rez on gloves starting in t3 anyways for all classes. Never owned this one, never wished i had it.

6. ) Group Cure. There's these things called hero stones.. they drop in all tiers now. Thank Hate for that. They are useful, and plentiful. Help you not get hit by spells as badly. There's also these things called paladins. They cure groups by swinging a sword. It's really neat. Another reward item i've never owned.

7. ) 98% of the rest of reward items. Are cheaper bought from players, even using ez credits. My first purchases first time i donated were a fire V and Ninja V. ugh, don't remind me. The only other thing i've ever bought was final t5 kill credits. Hate finished a dungeon today that assure you are far less likely to actually need to do that.

---------------------

As for your worry we are having incredible difficulty attracting new players to a 15 year old elf-simulator, it's just par for the course. Other games out there being released every day, and people at the baskin robbins internet MMORPG store aren't generally keen to choose this particular flavor. And there's a rough learning curve just getting the client and getting it set up.

The most amusing part is a lot of us would not be here if it wasnt for p99. Whats more amusing than that is MOST of the ppl there would not have found out about p99 if it wasnt for eqclassic, a venture that gained steam being attached to eq nostalgia vids on youtube.

Sadly that project became vaporware the second Sony told Yeahlight 'wow, you did a whole lot of hard work backwards engineering a game designed to appeal to the consumer base that basically launched our online gaming empire.. But umm.. no, we'll do nothing to support it and refuse to give you our blessing to even bring the emulated game out in even a non-profit situation'..

So yeah, I fully trust in our staff to make us happy. I have zero faith in them to reinvent the wheel and make this 15 year old emulated game suddenly the hottest thing in gaming in regards to mass appeal. They spend the time they can tinkering and generating new content and fixing old issues, with minimal thanks and support from us. It's a miracle they do it at all.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for calling them out and warning them of the imminent mass migration to whack moss snakes on p99 because loot doesnt drop here daily like its welfare christmas. It's about time they f*cking knew that. /rolleyes.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 06:51:21 pm »

heh...

#2 is pointless busy work that stretches the devs time further. it's more offensive to that the first suggestion.

The issue you bring up that's important is the roughness of playing without donating. It's a solid point, and here's some real counter arguments to that point:

1. ) FWP is vital for t5/t6/Eon farming. It is. But if you think outside the box there are ways around it. People farm t5 for essences or kill credits all the time and have no issues inviting extras along. If you say 'i don't play this game to sit at zone in and have someone do the work for me', then kill some effing corals, you slacker!  Smiley

Join a guild. Like joining a love commune with dudes with hot wives, there is always an alternative to being a viable financial sound member of society yourself. I've repopped a ton of anguish/abyss instances for guildies, joining a guild with ppl who have fwp's is the next best thing to having your own.

EONs can be bought, or if you've joined a guild, instances (even without repops) are essentially doubling or tripling your chances to get named eon mobs.

2. ) Fastest run speed.  It's 5 credits, can buy that with like 3.5 mil plat. done.

3. ) Group Levitate. Air elemental disguises are free, just farm up a buncha illusion cards while farming v1 charms on ldon 6. done and done.

4. ) Group COH. Make a mage. That will help for most tiers. Some don't allow COH. Oh well. It's a beautiful convenience.. but just that, a convenience.

5. ) Mass Rez. Don't die. Or just hold a couple cheerleader toons back. You get full rez on gloves starting in t3 anyways for all classes. Never owned this one, never wished i had it.

6. ) Group Cure. There's these things called hero stones.. they drop in all tiers now. Thank Hate for that. They are useful, and plentiful. Help you not get hit by spells as badly. There's also these things called paladins. They cure groups by swinging a sword. It's really neat. Another reward item i've never owned.

7. ) 98% of the rest of reward items. Are cheaper bought from players, even using ez credits. My first purchases first time i donated were a fire V and Ninja V. ugh, don't remind me. The only other thing i've ever bought was final t5 kill credits. Hate finished a dungeon today that assure you are far less likely to actually need to do that.

---------------------

As for your worry we are having incredible difficulty attracting new players to a 15 year old elf-simulator, it's just par for the course. Other games out there being released every day, and people at the baskin robbins internet MMORPG store aren't generally keen to choose this particular flavor. And there's a rough learning curve just getting the client and getting it set up.

The most amusing part is a lot of us would not be here if it wasnt for p99. Whats more amusing than that is MOST of the ppl there would not have found out about p99 if it wasnt for eqclassic, a venture that gained steam being attached to eq nostalgia vids on youtube.

Sadly that project became vaporware the second Sony told Yeahlight 'wow, you did a whole lot of hard work backwards engineering a game designed to appeal to the consumer base that basically launched our online gaming empire.. But umm.. no, we'll do nothing to support it and refuse to give you our blessing to even bring the emulated game out in even a non-profit situation'..

So yeah, I fully trust in our staff to make us happy. I have zero faith in them to reinvent the wheel and make this 15 year old emulated game suddenly the hottest thing in gaming in regards to mass appeal. They spend the time they can tinkering and generating new content and fixing old issues, with minimal thanks and support from us. It's a miracle they do it at all.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for calling them out and warning them of the imminent mass migration to whack moss snakes on p99 because loot doesnt drop here daily like its welfare christmas. It's about time they f*cking knew that. /rolleyes.

At least you have a lot of good points. Not sure why you need to end with the ridiculous snark. This board could use a little pick-me-up - everyone is so angry.

I never called out the devs - don't be ridiculous - in fact, I complimented the content more than once. I was proposing something which I thought might get them more $ for the server, and more players. We know for a fact DL leads to more players online. As for "mass appeal" - I think you're exaggerating a little bit - don't you? Everyone needs to get off their high horse and stop acting like such a tool. I had a different opinion... on the suggestion board. Sue me.

Sorry for wanting to play with more people. Hopefully you'll still be proud of your UW when there are 6 other people online to share it with. My bad for making a suggestion.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 06:57:00 pm »

Tools..

Keeze
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 07:00:28 pm »

No more like this:

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 07:11:07 pm »

I seriously hope this is fugi's obscure alt-account and some sort of meta troll.. It's genius if that's the case.

It's no crime to make a dumb suggestion. I've made plenty on this board, as others will tell you. It absolutely is a crime to not own up to it when a dozen ppl respond by calling a spade a spade.

It's patently hilarious that you keep claiming you want to 'play with more people' when you haven't gotten along with a single person in this thread.

If your goal is to make Hate and Akk richer than they already are, tell them to buy laundromats and parking lots, swing by on monday to run the quarters and dollars to the bank, and golf for 6 straight days.

You give everyone double loot they'll just cry for quadruple loot. In fact, you're basically insulting the devs by claiming their vision of balanced progression is so retardedly askew everyone needs TWICE AS MUCH CHANCE AT EVERYTHING.

In fact, you've been continually attacked by us, the nice guys on the server...

*You haven't seen the actual trolls come out yet*. I don't think you're ready for it. Your only hope is this gets locked immediately.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 07:19:34 pm »

This thread has degenerated into useless bickering. I don't condone censorship, but this pissing match is done.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64991