Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:57:56 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Mini dungeon thought  (Read 23796 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 06:07:45 pm »

Frankly this is becoming a non issue.. not sure if anything has been changed but the last few runs I have gotten 1 or 2 essence total from the dungeons....none from the last 2 t5 runs...my time is better spent doing other things
Yeah, I tend to agree. Got finished with t5 on my extra alts and see no need to go back in there. If SLS are added back I may do a few more here and there.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 08:00:16 pm »

Frankly this is becoming a non issue.. not sure if anything has been changed but the last few runs I have gotten 1 or 2 essence total from the dungeons....none from the last 2 t5 runs...my time is better spent doing other things
Yeah, I tend to agree. Got finished with t5 on my extra alts and see no need to go back in there. If SLS are added back I may do a few more here and there.

Not a non issue for the folks who didn't get hatestomps yet and now have to grind em out.  The RNG is strong, I got 12 essences one run 2 the next.  Only 800 berries to go
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 09:03:10 pm »

I didn't get one either Smiley not that it matters it's not game changeing. And I guess I really meant that its a non issue due to the fact that they currently have little value for anything more that getting a chance at t5 named, it's a cool additional task for that and as a bonus for taking time out to play you get a few essence and some charm augs. IMO it's not worth the time for anything else. Maybe if you are at end game and then want to grind out hatestomp sure. Don't get me wrong, I'd like the timing changed to be more user friendly but don't really want to beat up hate on the matter anymore as he is working on Halloween:)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:11:09 pm by Warbash » Logged

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 10:47:36 pm »

Imo just alllow a combo of 10 prisms into a magic box to make a SLS and be done with it.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2014, 12:45:23 am »

Imo just alllow a combo of 10 prisms into a magic box to make a SLS and be done with it.

Id probably pass on that too, can be progressing and make the 250k at the same time relatively quickly.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2014, 06:49:22 pm »

Can we change the lockout timer to 18 hours this way if it takes 6 hours to complete it is still 24 hours from the start.
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2014, 08:45:36 pm »

The lockout timer isn't an issue anymore, for me at least. Only because I hardly remember to do them each day. Just because currently the berry amount each day you get does not seem worth it, right now.

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2014, 12:31:36 am »

Can we change the lockout timer to 18 hours this way if it takes 6 hours to complete it is still 24 hours from the start.

I second something similar to this, I was thinking more of a 20 hours lockout. Something to assist in being able to do these things at the same time everyday. For example, I would like to be able to do the dungeon at 4pm PST everyday, rather than starting it at 4, clearing at 5, and not being able to do again till 5 the next day. I don't feel something like this could be abused unless people are running some sort of bots to spam it every 20hours. Hell, maybe their should just be a reset ever day at server reset.

I just started doing these a couple days ago though, so my opinion is probably irrelevant.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2014, 01:45:41 am »

500 posts suggesting we change  lock out timer...

i think they get the point..

any OTHER thoughts?

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2014, 02:34:06 am »

500 posts suggesting we change  lock out timer...

i think they get the point..

any OTHER thoughts?

Similar feedback in a suggestions section of a forum. Who would of thought.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2014, 05:20:20 am »

This is kinda why its frustrating to run this server... The whole concept of the mini-dungeon is to aid the casuals flag thru t5 and grind UCs. And yet its the casuals constantly ranting about the lockout timer. /giggle.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2014, 02:37:34 pm »

How about make a second non-lockout timer version of the dungeons, that have a normal drop rate on essences and do not give you berries to complete. Would give the casuals a chance to grind t5 bosses, and grind UC's... and since you can't sell prisms for berries... gives no advantage to the ubers since they can't roll through these just to hoard prisms to sell for berries etc. 

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2014, 02:46:47 pm »

How about make a second non-lockout timer version of the dungeons, that have a normal drop rate on essences and do not give you berries to complete. Would give the casuals a chance to grind t5 bosses, and grind UC's... and since you can't sell prisms for berries... gives no advantage to the ubers since they can't roll through these just to hoard prisms to sell for berries etc. 

redundant and t5 is a  progress check.  Fixing the lockout timer is way better fix for the majority of the server.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2014, 03:20:06 pm »

Using the word fix in reference suggests that the timer is somehow working in a way other than intended.  The dungeons are bonus content and do a good job of offering an alternate path for the appropriate tier(s) they were implemented for.  Without seeing an official statement concisely stating that they were meant to operate as they currently do, coupled with the lack of a response to all the clamoring that they need to be doable at least once per 24 hours regardless of lockout timers makes it seem as if it's working as intended and there's no need for a fix.

I don't see where this is a big deal, you may not be able to do them as often as you want but it's also not the only way to progress through the content despite being the only source to attain berries.  None of the berry rewards are required to progress since nothing was designed around the idea of people having them.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2014, 03:33:09 pm »

Not to jump you Anuli, but that is the entire reason FOR the dungeon. Chance at bonuses without the time sink, once per day. It's possible to clear the dungeon in a matter of moments and potentially get 5 boss kill credits. :-)

-Hate

If it is intended to be done daily, then the lockout timer should be changed to either start time of the expedition or made to be 23 hours.

Add in the changes to selling  back berries and augments being made changed to no trade, it should really be tweaked to allow for daily completion.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 177
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)