Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:29:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RoF Duplicate Gem (aug) fix  (Read 4329 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2015, 01:15:08 pm »

Hi Akka,

Not sure where we left off on this one, but is there any chance we can remove the duplicate gem lockout for augs in RoF like it was in UF and below?

Thanks!

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 01:22:13 pm »

From what I remember
trevius said, it was an exploit within UF, and was never intended, as duplicate Augs aren't  / shouldn't be allowed.
So wouldn't be updated, also could get removed from UF as well
But may be wrong, just what I recall

Only way I could see is to make duplicate Augs With diff ID's
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:24:06 pm by Aeryn » Logged

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 02:05:45 pm »

yeah i remember that but I think he later said it was assumed an exploit but on this server it really was allowed so... but no one ever got back to it.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 02:42:30 pm »

Yeah, Trev said that but whether it was an exploit on other servers or not is pointless. The truth is Hunter set up his system with being able to use duplicate augs in the same piece of gear. It isnt an exploit on EZ, its just how the server is.

Now....if its impossible in RoF, thats one thing. If its someone just assuming you shouldnt be able to here because you cant on other servers, then thats a mistake.

That being said....just load your chars in UF to stack augs.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:54:11 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 03:26:12 pm »

That being said....just load your chars in UF to stack augs.

I auged my toons in t7 and they are still in t7 gear but have just about full sets of t8 cause i dont want to do that lol. ill wait till they fix it or until i get bored enough to load uf and do it which is doubtful in the near future hehe.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 09:25:13 am »

The duplicate aug thing on RoF++ clients is 100% client sided.. it is never checked server side. There are ways around it.. but requires the server owner to fix augmentation pools for RoF+ clients otherwise it will eat your items.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64990
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 203