Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:49:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Clerics need lovin, too!  (Read 17331 times)
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 05:39:45 pm »

How about a buff worth a damn? Cleric Vie doesnt stack with everything. oh and they heal just fine Dimur is right tbh it would stand more to balance out the other classes first ... oh wait t10 is suppose to come out soon so it might balance.

Realistically  what you are asking for is going to end up with a nerf... these things have been suggested many time before by many people and what happens x class gets nerfed.

Maybe go down the old eq line and do the reverse heal DS and idk maybe a better buff.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 09:18:53 pm »

This is something that I've been wanting to do with the caster DPS changes this month. I'm aware of their lackluster status from my random bits where I would sneak online for an hour or two and grind away at T6 or T7.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 09:35:57 pm »

Thank you, HB! I look forward to seeing what you have in store for the class Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 05:45:55 am »

yay! I knew I kept my cleric around for a good reason! love my cleric $$

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 10:15:20 am »

How about the cleric self buff getting a mitigation buff and some kind of sympathetic proc?

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 10:48:01 am »

How about the cleric self buff getting a mitigation buff and some kind of sympathetic proc?

They already HAVE a mitigation buff with attached DI. Sympathetic proc maybe, but I've got a few other things in mind for them. Just number crunching. :-)

-Hate

shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 01:41:34 pm »

What about a beefed up reverse damage shield?  http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=3477

Or possibly a something from this line:  http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=3469

Soraken
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:45:21 pm by shawnluc » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 01:55:07 pm »

Bring back rampage and give their HP buff a DI component, 5 minute lockout on recast so not like you could keep it up nonstop if it faded on an encounter.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 01:58:16 pm »

Have the first, mark of emperors....had the second, was recently "fixed". Dont know that management wants to bring that back.

Besides, damage shield type spells arent as effective here because of the differences in melee speed.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 02:00:05 pm »

Bring back rampage and give their HP buff a DI component, 5 minute lockout on recast so not like you could keep it up nonstop if it faded on an encounter.

^This. At 20K hps after T6 Crab 2 is hardly worth casting. Add something that absorbs or mitigates damage to it, and maybe add a better heal dynamic, and clerics is money again.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 02:07:15 pm »

^This. At 20K hps after T6 Crab 2 is hardly worth casting. Add something that absorbs or mitigates damage to it, and maybe add a better heal dynamic, and clerics is money again.

Chunka.... GET OUTTA MAH HEAAAAAD! Seriously, just addressed that around 5min before you posted. ;-)

I've been looking at the healing/buffing as a whole and seeing a lot of ...weird things. Nothing to worry about as I'm still crunching things, not nerfs/buffs or knee jerks. Just trying to get a full picture again before I take any action. I'm also seeing that my notes are out of date and some classes ARE missing spells that were supposed to arrive. So that will come with the caster DPS, cleric loving, healing overview, big-mouthful update. :-)

-Hate

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988