Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:43:14 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Cleric and Masters Ring?  (Read 17961 times)
Costa

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 07:07:13 pm »

I have a handful of 3.0 characters. Included are Druid, Cleric, Ranger, Paladin.

Comments are based on my experiences.

I'd count CLR with their hammers way more pet-oriented than druids with their cosmetics bears. Srsly those cubs are like lvl5 or something.

Cleric hammers are terrible. The first is very low level, the second doesn't even work.

How low? Low enough that when you get into CG, the pet can't proc the summoned weapon.

Druids on the other hand, have a second pet summon that not only works, but suprised me with its survivability when farming everything I needed to get into CG in the first place.

Clerics used to be on the ring. They were removed because it made them too powerful. Granted now there are things that would wipe out the ring pet in one shot it still would make the cleric more powerful than other classes that are pet dominant. Kinda like blending roles too much.

With the changes and improvements that have been made to a number of classes, I think that perhaps putting the cleric back on isn't such a bad idea, if only to give the cleric some actual DPS. As it is now, you NEED to either box or group to have a hope of killing a mob anywhere outside of Crushbone.

I don't understand the comment that it would be more powerful than the pet dominant classes though. The CG pet is only so good for so long. Send one against a trash mob in Qvic and let me know how long it lasts.

The Necro pet has a lifetap that heals the group, the Mage epic pets are monsters with (comparatively) massive melee DPS, and I've seen the Beastlord pets take on MoW and his friends.

Sorry Xigs, but it really hard to argue that point since druids get heals, insane regen, DS AND can output hefty damage themselves.   But arguing it is moot.

It might be that you haven't gotten far enough into the beginning of the endgame. I haven't ventured past T2 in Plane of Dragons but this is what I found regarding the druid.
- The heals are mediocre even with Focus and Oracle, and with Paladins getting the heal proc on epics, those heals aren't worth the time to cast.
- The DS is the same one given by the buffbot and CG/FG pet. Which still isn't as good as a Mage DS if I remember my numbers correctly.
- If your DoTs aren't resisted, once you get them ALL stacked, you're doing a whopping 5k or so per tick. The DDs aren't any better. With long casts and long cooldowns, that 2k blast is less and less impressive.

The sad state of Druids is that they've been relegated to being a regen bot for RoA.

The sadder state of Clerics is that they can't go anywhere alone and you might as well change their epic graphic to a purse for as hard as they can hit.
Demin
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 07:58:47 pm »

I endorse Costa's post.  +1
Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 08:30:18 pm »

So here we have a problem where CLRs can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag no matter what Tier they are in and Druids have no use besides ROAing post Qvic.

Giving the CLRs the CG/FG pet makes it so they can acutally do SOMETHING besides needing their hand held.  I recall when I went back to EQ a few years ago and came across the Vow of Valor buff and thought it was genius.  Of course CLRs will always have their role as main healer but I actually liked being able to go farm something, or grind some AAs solo.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 08:56:15 pm »

While I wouldn't disagree to giving clerics an additional pet that is comparable to the ring pet I don't think it should come as a reward to the casters guild quest. Giving it to them at that time would give them an even stronger advantage over other classes.

Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 09:53:10 pm »

I have a wizard I wish he could heal so he was more viable in certain situations.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 11:24:25 pm »

I have a wizard I wish he could heal so he was more viable in certain situations.

I would be friggen awesome if they just combined with wizard and cleric classes. Would solve the major issues with both classes.

Lyricz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 09:46:14 am »

Here's an idea. Have the ability to turn in Shield 3.0+ for a 1HB. Possibly a (SELF-heal) proc with low DPS.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:51:18 am by Lyricz » Logged

Haters Gonna hate.
Demin
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 04:50:22 pm »

3.5 is a 1hb with cast heal. So is 4.0
Lyricz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 05:40:51 pm »

I said 3.0 because 1.5-2.5 is too easy to get.

And is the cast heal relatively quick ?

And i think if u have a 3.5 or 4.0 at this time, u dont need a weapon for AA farming and such.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 05:44:55 pm by Lyricz » Logged

Haters Gonna hate.
Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 06:04:27 pm »

Just throw in a class specific aug that procs light damage with a moderate self heal, which can be obtained early T1.  The class shouldnt have to get a 3.5 to farm gems/AAs at a reasonable rate.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 11:46:42 pm »

If I see a cleric out there melee'ing a mob I am going to fraps them and photoshop a wildebeast into it in a compromising situation and ruin their reputation.

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 08:31:00 am »

♫§µÄdÖBlÖÖd♫
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 11:14:04 pm »

So here we have a problem where CLRs can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag no matter what Tier they are in and Druids have no use besides ROAing post Qvic.

Giving the CLRs the CG/FG pet makes it so they can acutally do SOMETHING besides needing their hand held.  I recall when I went back to EQ a few years ago and came across the Vow of Valor buff and thought it was genius.  Of course CLRs will always have their role as main healer but I actually liked being able to go farm something, or grind some AAs solo.

Not to rain on your parade at all but just thought I would point out -- Clerics aren't a fighting class they are not supposed to be soloing let alone trying to kill monsters in higher end zones. They are a healing class, and in my personal opinion they should stay that way.

I believe that having a pet on a cleric would be way too much of a distraction. If you need to farm something I am certain you don't single box a cleric so just take an alt.
Kikinu

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 06:47:12 pm »

Have you ever tried LFG as a cleric?  As a cleric I am forced to box there is almost nobody needing a cleric unless it is high end. It would even be nice to be able to equip the ring if not able to use for the additional mana/hp. I do think as a main an in reply to clerics not being a melee fighting class,  none of the classes on the ring are duh...

I dont know about you, but as a cleric, I am a CASTER, all of my abilities are from skills besides my 1h non double atk.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:50:03 pm by Kikinu » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010, 05:23:59 pm »

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125