Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:07:49 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Halloween 2015 Live!  (Read 39829 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2015, 01:00:34 pm »

As for the argument that we shouldn't fix this because lower tier pets... that everyone has are powerful... that doesn't even make sense. This is the top pet and should work, that's all I'm asking for. No nerfs, nothing not intended.

Hi, I'm an old player too, and when people take shit out of context I write, they meet this side of me. Such as: we shouldn't fix this because people have IG. Lemme think where I said that exactly fuckstick, nowhere. Not everyone has it, unless your statement is trying to say "new players don't matter, let's balance the server around a once-a-year drop, fuck em."

As for the argument that your group performance shouldn't depend on pets... this is a slight boost to damage, the pets that increase mit have FAR more effect on this game and everyone on right now can have one, we are oocing them for free.

MoF on 2 full groups feels like I added 3-4 zerkers to the roster for free, if you don't think that's a bit overpowered you're delusional.

Your point that we shouldn't make the simple fix this would take to make it stack with existing spells because we have other problems also has no bearing on this whatsoever.

Obviously it isn't a simple fix or it would have been made by now. Bard epics have been broken for months for unknown reasons. Take things out of context more please, I fucking love it when people twist things to read the way they need them to be, or maybe it's the fact you haven't logged on since Halloween 2014. I find it highly amusing that this item has existed for over a year now, and within me looting it I saw it was broken within minutes.

It's really curious to me why anyone would say anything negative about enabling the pet buff to stack, just like every other pet buff does and as intended for being the top tier pet and hard to get as it is. This is a one time yearly event and we should have something to show for literally days of work put into getting one just like every other year.

I don't see anything negative thus far, other than you stating you're "angry" about a drop being useless. I only said "I'm fine with it just being a trophy, it doesn't even bother me" not "You cant get angry unless you play halloween in top tier". What a stupid fucking statement. If Hate scrubbed the stats from it completely and made it summon a giant dildo that followed you around, the server would go on just fine.
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2015, 01:04:32 pm »

HAHA ... Giant dildo's across the server
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2015, 01:15:35 pm »

I cant believe out of the 6 pages the biggest shocker was a maslow rip comment. Wow.

Keeze
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2015, 01:27:52 pm »

I cant believe out of the 6 pages the biggest shocker was a maslow rip comment. Wow.
]

did I miss something?

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2015, 01:29:48 pm »

new players missing out on grabbing one is a 12 month-long kick in the nuts at the moment.

Ok this made me laugh...I mean REALLY laugh.  I agree with you though but that was frigging hilarious!  Grin

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2015, 06:05:41 pm »

Your counter argument to every valid point I made is not logical. Yes, it's an easy fix stacking buffs, as I understand it. Every buff we have here has been through this in order to stack properly. Condensing the buffs we get from the pets/buff bot probably was much harder than making two spells stack.

Taking the ballidet comment out of context? Pretty plain text there he's saying new players are trying to get end game content easy. I'm no new player and not trying to get anything easy.
12-month kick in the nuts? How is this any different than any other event or special item? And who's going to miss out on it? The tiny number of new players during the year? I would bet most new players come to the server around Halloween because they've heard of the event. It gives people something to look forward to.
Angry pet is hardly game breaking. If it really is that much damage increase that could be lowered then made to stack with the vt2, perhaps... This would be a more appropriate response to this idea.

Your Mof comment... wtf? Again ... what does this have to do with angry pet?? How is a bit more damage on a single target breaking the server? The item was intended to add damage in exchange for mitigation loss. I'm just pointing out the lack of stacking, which is something that was likely just overlooked.

When the hell did I say I was "angry?" And wtf are you talking about, haven't logged on since halloween 2014? I have been off and on Ezserver and read the boards from time to time, I don't comment alot.

By negative I meant that you are opposed to fixing an item that is giving no real world benefit due to the stacking issue. You took that out of context...then you attacked me like a child.

If Hate doesn't want this item to work, then why put it in the game. I was simply pointing out that for this to be useful, it needs to stack otherwise there is no reason at all to own the top pet.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 06:34:33 pm by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2015, 06:28:36 pm »

You cant get angry unless you play halloween in top tier, I have tried in all levels of the zone and you get crap diablo spawns at lower level.

Let's see rational though: MoF is already on the virge of being too strong, I'm fine with Angryface doing what it's doing (providing VT damage to fire and ice) it doesn't need to be stronger.

Your response:
wtf? Again ... what does this have to do with angry pet??

haven't logged on since halloween 2014?

welp, you seem to have no clue that some things aren't stacking at the moment like they used to, due to source changes. Currently, the bard epic comes to mind. Guess I'm busted on making a bad assumption. I'd apologize, but you're not worth it. "Rambling, incoherent response" rofl go fuck yourself.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2015, 06:37:46 pm »

It's true. I am retarded... and I'm not worth it. You are angry and pissed off and giving it to me good.

But the pet though, it should stack with vt2.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2015, 06:45:55 pm »

It's true. I am retarded... and I'm not worth it. You are angry and pissed off and giving it to me good.

But the pet though, it should stack with vt2.

I don't think it's a matter of should or shouldn't stack.  it's more of a who really cares right now, especially with the other issues which need attention.  its not a big deal and when it gets fixed great. if it doesn't then it's fine also. 

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2015, 06:49:33 pm »

It's really not that big of a deal right now, and yes there are other issues. I agree. But it probably would be an easy fix and it is that time of year right now when we are getting this pet. Seemed to be a logical time to say something about it, again, after putting 5 days now into getting one.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2015, 07:04:37 pm »

I agree with everyone basically, AF should definitely stack with VT2, but there are bigger issues which akka/hate are fixing right now.

Try to enjoy the event Smiley It's still a lot of fun!!

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2015, 07:31:21 pm »

Just looted another on a paladin to test the damage bonus to Firestrike XI.

UC3 damage > 4.081 mil per hit
UC3 + AF damage > 5.101 mil per hit

So VT2 is the buff players can use to buff magic only (Ult weapon proc, Ninjastrike proc, magic-based nukes from casters) and Angryface will buff the rest (Firestrike proc, Icestrike proc) but that's not all. If you don't have access to VT2 Angryface will also replace it by buffing the Magic based damage as well.

TLDR version: VT2 increases magic damage only, AF increases all types of magic damage (fire ice magic poison disease) but will not double stack with VT2 to make magic absurd.

Finally, if they DID stack, ult weapon users would be hitting too hard and rolling their damage into the negatives. I've already been able to produce this type of attack on my warrior when SOA started giving a 22% damage bonus randomly one day this month (which was immediately fixed).

Edit: By the way, the "Slot8: Increase Melee Mitigation by 15pct" does nothing on either character. Pally Stonewall reads 36% with it on or off, Zerker reads 11% with it on or off.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:36:37 pm by Kruciel » Logged
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2015, 08:13:53 pm »

If that's working as intended, then it's a big problem for anyone who doesn't know. Meaning, you can get some benefit from putting AF on a zerk, but if you already have VT2, its a complete waste to put it on most other toons (eg NS toons, UW toons).

Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2015, 01:10:53 am »

Just had a CT to Angryface chain!

Denzig <STONE>
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2015, 04:54:07 pm »

dang congrats that is crazy

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print