Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:07:21 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: ToFS Suggestions  (Read 84836 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2013, 08:18:19 pm »

I've mostly skimmed everything so far here. Will have to re-read again later to fully understand some of the ideas.

A few people emailed me already with some info on the zone, maps, etc how it works so that will help a lot.

So far this is what I'm thinking about making.

No flags
No instances
Qvic - T7 difficulty separated by floor
Possible charm upgrade drops
Decent AA Rate
Will need to add more spawns cause entire zone has about 150 spawns currently.
Lots of custom NPC spells casted on players (Charm, Root, AoE DD, no fear though)
Mobs will be leashed, possible aggro range 25-50 (Most dungeons are about 50 aggro range, and I think PoTime is 150 range).
All mobs 30 minute respawn time.
One or more bosses per level at 30 minute respawn time.
Possible min (non-final) boss loot: Bags of Plat, Charm Upgrades, Exp Potions, maybe some custom 1 charge potions for fun
Final boss on final level custom battle

Final Boss
Might be hardest hitting boss in game
Aprox 15 minute fight regardless of player DPS
Randomly spawns adds based on which bosses on lower floors are still up.
Other bosses might be 30 minute respawn, need to keep them down else main boss on last floor gets too hard.
Maybe 4-6 hour respawn time
Quest for item: Maybe Earring with Divine Intervention
Possible everyone gets reward like Black Unicorn Event

So lowbies will be able to have an alternative charm grind spot while getting decent AA, and helping high levels to kill final boss by keeping other bosses down. This would have all players Qvic+ working together for common goal.

The zone would have no flags and would not be requirement for any other tier progression, but hopefully will be fun, everyone works together, provides alternate grind for AA/Charms, and new ranked earring. You don't have to do this. If its too hard or you don't like it, then just don't go there.

I am still figuring out and deciding what to do as I was writing this post. Nothing is final yet. Feed back welcome.

I'm drinking a Green Monster right now so some sort of progress today on ToFS is likely, even if just on the test server.

I haven't tested the click event script yet. I understand how it works, but need to know if the ids and xyz are correct, or if it was just examples. Maybe someone can come up with a final version of that script? We could easily add required flags to click on the window/glass in the click event quest, but maybe rather hasitem to see if they have a key? I still need to see what keys are already in the zone to farm or required for click. Will need to edit the doors table to remove the zone/xyz + key part of it. Maybe key for each floor, sort of like LDoN, but specific key per floor.

Server is back up, just did a #unlock right now.

Yeah, this is a TL;DR post, but for those that are really excited bout ToFS, let me know what you think. I will read every post in time.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2013, 08:21:14 pm »

I can see that.....I was looking at it in a way of UC'ing new alts or more box groups....and trying to keep it in line so noone could steamroll the original content but that would be handled by making upper tiers more difficult...maybe additional tiers being t6 or tougher and having first level being slightly more difficult /shrug but would love to make it so that different charms (v1 and v2) dropped from different levels as I mentioned.  Lots of good feedback though guys!  Keep up the good work.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2013, 08:39:23 pm »

No Instances is going to create another empty zone/dominated by few. People want to accomplish their goals not compete for them.

My original vision of ToFS was that we could go directly to the floor which suits our gear level (after finding the keys of course)
Although your idea of must completing each floor to avoid pulling everything is not a bad idea either. You could make it to where once its dead its dead, create a new instance when your done; sorta like Anguish.

I see how you are looking at this and your idea is a great/exciting one (community event), just not for this zone.

If you are adamant about this then the spawn times would have to be EXTREMELY low (like 2 mins) where box players would become overwhelmed and REQUIRE assistance even if they don't want it.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2013, 09:12:42 pm »

I wouldn't mind making more spawns, zone super crowded, lower aggro radius and super fast respawn, but would need a way to prevent someone from afk their pet class on top of a spawn.

Bosses would probably be 30 minute spawns, or maybe even require X number of mobs to be killed on that floor before it spawns.

One possible idea is that when all mobs and all bosses are dead in the zone, then the zone auto repops. Could make 1 hour repop on everything with the auto repop for empty zone an option. Would have to think this option over though.

Good ideas so far.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2013, 09:20:41 pm »

Okay, I see that you are adamant  Tongue Going to email something that should fulfill your desire much better. Give me 10 mins
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2013, 09:49:28 pm »

Instances, please. Please. With a long, long respawn timer. The idea of "working together" only appeals when the zone can sustain the number of people actively working it--this was the fundamental issue with the Black Unicorn on Halloween. Excellent fight, wonderful idea and execution, and horrifying lagfest for everyone involved. For the same reason, I would suggest NOT implementing rewards like the BU had, and instead only allow those who were in the raid to receive the benefit of completing the task.

I for one would rather see mobs in the first areas of ToFS tuned to the difficulty of T5/T6/T7, with a good chance of dropping V1s and V2s. Lowbies already have LDoN. I thought ToFS was supposed to be LDoN2, with higher risks and better rewards. Once you move past the first few areas, shit should get crazy. Practically impossible. Unresistable spells, not just -resists. Proc DDs on mobs so that tanks can't mitigate all the dmg. Threat resets. Dispells. DTs. Knockbacks and rough terrain. Nasty damage shields. Mobs that require specific classes or weapon types to deal killing blows. Etc. etc. Just getting to 'the hardest boss' should be an achievement that means something, even for the people in T7. As people progress through the zone, trash mobs should essentially become boss fights in and of themselves, that must be pulled/split/controlled/kited, etc to allow the group to progress one at a time. Once this happens, every mob should drop a v1/v2 charm (random), or at least have a 50%+ chance of dropping.

Final boss should have insane dmg mitigation, spell reflect, aes that must be hidden from/can't be clicked off, rampages that will insta-gib dps, etc etc. People should not be able to kill this boss immediately. It should drop a metric ass ton of v1s and v2s (10+), and whatever the quest piece is for the earring.

Main: Bubbin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2013, 10:01:31 pm »

Okay, I see that you are adamant  Tongue Going to email something that should fulfill your desire much better. Give me 10 mins

adamant bout what? I'm still brain storming here.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2013, 10:06:25 pm »

If we start off at T5 difficulty, then I see no reason for allowing PreT5 into the zone unless its to backflag an alt quickly.

I'd like to keep this zone open to everyone Qvic+

I know Black Unicorn Event was over crowded, but that was also a limited time event that everyone had to join at the same time.

This new zone would be open 24/7 all year round, and lots of players would be in other tier zones gearing up. This would be something to do in your off time, so I don't think it would be an issue after a while, maybe just in the beginning while it is still new.

I could have repop per floor maybe, if all mobs on that floor is dead, then repop them all. Might require a control NPC to spawn everything instead of spawngroups.

Right now I'm running around ToFS trying to learn it, and renaming all the mobs to have their last name = Level + Floor so when I edit their stats in the database I know which mobs are which.

Good ideas so far, nothing set in stone yet.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
zymral

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2013, 10:33:22 pm »

What i would like to see is floor 3 and 6 having a boss like the black rever that can spawn over and over. Could make it so the later spawns get more and more powerful. Just a thought.... For final boss make it like the gas chamber where you have to move/ do certin things so it is a true raid boss not a bot swarm.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:35:56 pm by zymral » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2013, 05:11:44 am »

I've combed through the entire zone and renamed every mobs last name to reflect which floor they spawn on. Seems floors 1, 2, and 7 have a few same npc spawn, but I can easily fix that manually by cloning the npc to separate floors. Now I can easily edit their stats, loot, and quest sorted by last name.

Already downloaded all the quest for the zone and will comb through that as well to see how the quest/events work in the zone. Will make sure all the keys exist and drop.

The mirrors already seem to work since I updated the doors table recently, but I might move that clicking on mirrors from doors table to quest file to have further control or additional options, such as if we do use instances, I'll be able to have players warp via mirror without getting ported back to public zone.

Some of the zone just seems empty, so I'll probably double the number of spawns in the zone.

Its a good start for customizing ToFS with a live like feel on spawn names/races, keys for mirrors, etc. Now need to add some custom stats and loot, custom npc spells, and maybe some custom boss scripts.

Might make the final boss a raid effort being that all bosses on floors 1-6 need to be killed / down else they will spawn adds for the final boss on floor 7 that could wipe out even a T7 group via spells effectively bypassing stonewalls. So the T7 groups could hire lower tier players to stand guard at every boss location in floors 1-6 to make sure they don't spawn.

Possible good item on final boss like ranked earring. Meanwhile grinding AA and Charms would be worth hanging around any of the floors while waiting for final boss, or figuring out how to spawn the final boss.

Maybe when all bosses are dead, then the final boss dies. So if bosses on floors 1-6 have a 30 minute respawn time, then you'd have to coordinate them all dying aprox same time, which would then give you a 25-30 minute window before they start repop'ing giving adds to final boss. Due to the event style, might disable CoH, Bind, and Waypoints in this zone, but undecided yet.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2013, 07:49:18 am »

After spending a whole day in ToFS I've learned the zone pretty well. There were only a few spawns that needed a manual fix.

All mirrors on all floors are working correctly, including the 6 mirrors in a half circle on floor 7 via master key to go back to previous floors.

Floor 1 has added spawns to make that floor fully populated. Trash mobs quest is tested for spawning named that drops key to the 2nd floor.

Will continue over the next few days to add more spawns to floors 2-7, and verify their named will chance to spawn off trash and drop key to next floor.

After spawns are all done, will edit mob stats and create loot list for stuff like charm upgrades, exp potions, aa exp rates, etc.

Might manually add a special boss to each floor later for the floor 7 boss scripted event.

Boss 7 might have a grind item for earring, or whatever other super rewards I can think of.

Still need to make custom npc spells for all trash and bosses.

Trash mobs are going to be different levels so they are some what color coded names per level.

Everything is coming along pretty good so far. If I continue this pace, could be done in a week, unless I get distracted IRL with family.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2013, 02:29:23 am »

All floors are fully spawned now. All trash and bosses had their stats updated. There are over 600 mobs up in ToFS now.

I started floor 1 to be about has hard has T1 in Plane of Dragons, up to Floor 7 about as hard as T7 Loping Plains.

Some mobs see through invis, and some see through see invis to undead, depending if they are undead or not. None see through improved hide for you Rogues out there.

No mobs are charmable or fearable, but they can be mez, rooted, slowed, pacify, etc.

Mobs will not summon, and CoH and Reward CoH will not work (keys only).

Aggro radius set to 35. NPC spells will have short range. They won't fear you but might charm you. Their resist is 150.

Bosses that drop keys all spawn properly, drop their keys. The keys work in the mirrors including master key and 6 mirrors on floor 7.

Now need to make custom npc spells, boss event scripts, and super reward item from final boss.

Leaning towards making this public only (no instances) and no leashed mobs. Do not train in this zone. If you have more than 1 mob, then stop, and kill what you have. No running through to mirrors, since mobs will follow you to other floors. Anyone griefing this zone via trains, etc, will be banned.

Respawn time might be 30 minutes. Progressing doesn't require keeping all mobs down for triggers. Some mobs have place holders or are rare spawns though. With over 600 mobs spawned, and no trains, there should be enough for everyone. Majority of players will be in other custom tier zones doing other stuff, so I don't see over crowding to be an issue.

Still need to figure out loot. Planning charm v1 and v2 upgrades to drop, with higher chances on higher floors. Also might drop exp potions, bags of platinum, and decent AA rates.

Teamwork might be required to hold down all bosses in all floors else final boss will summon adds based on how many other bosses are alive. Might make a reward chest pop after final boss dies sort of like the Black Unicorn event.

We're working with a database spawns from 6 years ago off PEQ. Some spawns needed to be manually fixed. After that zone still being empty needed to copy/clone mobs to fill it up more which is now over 600. It will still be a bit like Live with same mobs and bosses, same keys, progression, etc. Just a bit more crowded, and higher hp/dmg with custom reward off final boss.

Haven't decided what the custom reward will be yet, most likely a ranked earring. Might use Divine Intervention ranks, and maybe some HP too.

I realize lots of this stuff was written / discussed already, but these are the updates where I am at right now since working on it for last 2 days. We should be done soon here, maybe in a few more days.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:20:30 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2013, 07:38:48 am »

Sounds great except for the public only possibility.  Can it just be made an expensive instance at least?
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2013, 09:20:44 am »

+1 on instances.  One thing I absolutely hated about live was the zerg mentality where one griefer could ruin your night.  Instances cure that problem 100%.  I would forgo getting to play with the 7th floor boss to avoid the inevitable horse crap you have to deal with in public zones.

Reward items should work virtually everywhere.  It's why we bought them.  The beauty of the reward CoH is not to bypass objectives it's to compensate for corners that want to grab your trail toons and to avoid tabbing to 13 other toons to complete an action.  I get why you want to add this limitation so ... is it possible to limit it to the 7th floor and leave the other floors CotH'able?

Thanks

Dokk
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2013, 10:45:23 am »

I know Black Unicorn Event was over crowded, but that was also a limited time event that everyone had to join at the same time.

This new zone would be open 24/7 all year round, and lots of players would be in other tier zones gearing up. This would be something to do in your off time, so I don't think it would be an issue after a while, maybe just in the beginning while it is still new.

Leaning towards making this public only (no instances) and no leashed mobs. Do not train in this zone.

Respawn time might be 30 minutes.

Still need to figure out loot. Planning charm v1 and v2 upgrades to drop, with higher chances on higher floors. Also might drop exp potions, bags of platinum, and decent AA rates.

Haven't decided what the custom reward will be yet, most likely a ranked earring. Might use Divine Intervention ranks, and maybe some HP too.

How many people are in LDoN and HoH instances farming V1/V2s throughout the day? I honestly don't know. I would imagine there are at least several on any given day. Most people take one to three goons into LDoN to farm V1s. HoH requires less than the full raid party, too. With ToFS, there will be a justifiable reason to bring the whole group because you can progress to the level at which you are geared. Cramming all those goons into one zone is a recipe for disaster--and that doesn't even include the parties of 12-24 that will be destroying the upper levels of ToFS one mob at a time to get top end players their ranked earrings.

You mentioned that this will zone will be used players 'off-time', but the driving force behind making the zone (as I understand it) has always been to make UC progression more bearable, particularly for top end players. UC progression is not something that I would label 'off-time'. It is (for all intents and purposes) a required time sink in which many people pour weeks of their playtime just to finish their first few UCs. I think it's a little naive to think that the new zone for UC progression isn't going to get incredibly crowded without instances. Depending on the 1/## chance for key bosses triggering, it's going to be redamndiculous with everyone on floor one waiting for repops until some folks get their raid parties keyed to progress.

Main: Bubbin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64992
  • Total Topics: 5054