Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:46:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Author Topic: Waypoints (Merged)  (Read 46496 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2013, 04:59:57 pm »

I just woke up, ready to play SC2 but just looked over the code briefly and saw a possible issue.

http://pastebin.com/0Gx9BWKf

Line 654:

Code:
if ($compare_name eq $guild_invite_pending)

should probably be

Code:
if ($compare_name eq $guild_invite_pending || $compare_name eq $guild_invite_joined)

else someone that joined and zoned wouldn't be able to come back cause their 'pending' status was changed to 'joined' status when they accepted/entered the invited instance. The new code would allow someone to re-join.

Would have to do same for the raid invite as well.

Just a guess, haven't fully tested with raids, guilds, groups, and every possible combo yet.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:01:51 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2013, 07:55:55 am »

Spent a few hours today on the waypoint code that I started a month ago.

The new code is now in nro and sro.

Added checks for players inviting someone from a different zone, and confirmation messages when getting re-invited in case it was missed the first time and needed to be re-sent.

Tells players which zone they need to be in when accepting the invite. You must be in the correct zone when accepting, but I'm sure its possible to get the invite from another zone. So just zone over to the right zone, then accept.

Edit: updated again, spacing, capitalization, naming, now v1.2
http://pastebin.com/AijHgut4

Started a change log on top of the file that can read to see what has changed, which will copy / paste below:

Code:
CHANGES	: 03/30/2013 
Changed menu system, put some commands under the "More Options" saylink to reduce menu size
Changed instance durations from 14400 to 86400 (4 hrs to 24 hrs)
Updated prices and per zone
Created sub zone id to zone name (Hope I didn't re-create something that already exist lol)
Added $zoneid to $zonesn in qglobal name and passed to $signal, telling players in a different zone which zone to be used
$signal remove - greater than 1000000000 (1 billion) = remove player from instance
$signal zone id - has $zoneid * 1000000 (1 million) for $zoneid to pass through signal via int ($signal / 1000000)
$signal instance id - has instance id passed by int ($signal % 1000000) to get the value under 1 million for instance id
Added / Updated signal to give message to player that was invited regardless of any status (pending, joined, removed)
With the above update, players can re-invite players that did not receive the message or was zoning at the time, etc.
Updated Popup window info when being invited, removed, or choosing to leave instance
Decided to not "upgrade" solo instances to guild/raid that was suggested, for now.
Decided not to use invite whole raid group or syntax join player/guild names, still need to use the ids provided.

Please test with multiple characters, inviting, re-invite, remove, re-invite, across the 2 zones, etc.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:10:40 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2013, 12:11:16 pm »

I just woke up, ready to play SC2 but just looked over the code briefly and saw a possible issue.

http://pastebin.com/0Gx9BWKf

Line 654:

Code:
if ($compare_name eq $guild_invite_pending)

should probably be

Code:
if ($compare_name eq $guild_invite_pending || $compare_name eq $guild_invite_joined)

else someone that joined and zoned wouldn't be able to come back cause their 'pending' status was changed to 'joined' status when they accepted/entered the invited instance. The new code would allow someone to re-join.

Would have to do same for the raid invite as well.

Just a guess, haven't fully tested with raids, guilds, groups, and every possible combo yet.

Seems I was right. If a player accepted/joined from an invite, then left the instance, they couldn't re-join cause they were no longer pending status.

Of course re-sending an invite would be a quick fix, but also a hassle for everyone that died and running back.

Now you can join if your pending status or joined status.

A lot of big changes in previous post above worth reading and looking at.

We're up to version 1.3 now with this new fix for pending/joined bug:

http://pastebin.com/s9z4zDWv

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2013, 01:33:49 am »

Found a short and easy way to change the code so that players can type "raid join <name>" instead of "raid join <id>" which will hopefully make things easier if there is a common leader making raid invites and everyone else can now just hotkey the leaders name instead of typing a different instance id number every time. Didn't have to make any new qglobals, just used the ones we already have.

Old Code:

Code:
my $GetJoinID = substr($text, 10);
my $Check_R_Invite = $GetJoinID . "_RaidI_" . $zonesn . "_" . "$zoneid";
my $Check_R_Leader = $GetJoinID . "_RaidI_Leader";

New Code:

Code:
my $Check_R_Invite = "_RaidI_" . $zonesn . "_" . "$zoneid";
my $Check_R_Leader = substr($text, 10);
my $GetRaidInstance = $Check_R_Leader . "_Raid_" . $zonesn . "_" . $zoneid;
my $GetJoinID = 0;
if (defined($qglobals{"$GetRaidInstance"}))
{
$GetJoinID = $qglobals{"$GetRaidInstance"};
$Check_R_Invite = $GetJoinID . $Check_R_Invite;
}

Turned out to be easier to do than I expected.

Its not live yet in nro/sro but probably will be after reboot, just need to clean up, copy/paste to guild invite from raid invite, etc.

Edit:

Copy and Paste from Raid to Guild required 1 extra Qglobal, since Guild didn't have a qglobal starting with the leaders name, it was starting with guild id to make sure only 1 unique guild created by any member.

Also, will have to use correct capitalize when joining. For example, guild join hunter will not work, but guild join Hunter will work. Might make a function to make first letter capital and rest lower case to make it dummy proof, since a few people have similar problems on char mover.

Edit:

Added messages to user when trying to join and wasn't invited, or trying to join when was removed / banned. Other syntax messages updated, mainly who's instance invited/banned and how to join, etc.

Edit:

Now you can type Waypoint instead of Instance or Instances to bring up the Menu

Edit:

Added spam delay timer of 1 hour for trying to re-create instance. This is per zone, and different times for solo, guild, and raid.

So the same character in the same zone can only create 1 solo, 1 guild, and 1 raid instance per hour, and yes you can have all 3 at the same time.

This is to mostly prevent players from spamming instances to look for named mobs. The purpose of instances is over crowding with other players, not to spawn a rare mob.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:27:42 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2013, 04:27:37 am »

Uploaded new code to nro and sro, will be available for testing after reboot.

Version 1.4

http://pastebin.com/m1Pianyb

Contains the updates listed in above post.

Biggest changes is join name instead of join id, and there is a spam delay for creating instances again from same player in same zone for same type.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2013, 07:18:12 am »

Someone gave me code to allow invite players into guild/raid instance all in 1 command and separate names by comma, strip spaces, etc. So you would only have to type 1 command to invite your group.

Its not in the pastebin for viewing yet and not in game for testing yet, but will be available to see in next update, just heads up, neat feature Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
bobo

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2013, 10:29:43 am »

If spam timer goes active will drop chance be increased in certain zones (tacvi for instance)?   Is it possible for free instance to not have aspam timer. I would imagine not very many free instance items circulation (maybe).
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2013, 07:16:17 pm »

Possibly, but would still need a delay, maybe 15 minutes for free waypoint and 30-60 minutes for non-free.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2013, 07:22:35 pm »

sad ... so just stand around and wait 15 mins doing nothing..

and 1 hr? Seriously most of us clear up to T6 in less then 15-30 mins.. What are we supposed to do then?

Please don't throttle this like that..

The code and zone Instance creation is awesome though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:40:08 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2013, 08:01:38 pm »

Please reconsider making a delay on the waypoints...there are already enough things in place to slow down progression without adding dead time. If this is something you aren't willing to budge on please consider doing 15 minutes on the non-reward waypoint (long enough it may not be worth it to spam for a specific spawn but not so long that you are standing around doing nothing.) and keep the Reward waypoint with no delay...it would be a disappointment to alot of people who donated expecting it to work a certain way. Besides, outside of FG/CG items I can't really think of any rare spawns you are even able to spam instances for.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:43:34 pm by Ybik » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2013, 09:10:35 pm »

I'll start it off with 15 minutes for both Free and Regular waypoints.

Will probably be live after reboot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2013, 09:22:43 pm »

When we switch to the new instances after reboot, any instances you already have might be lost, and you will need to recreate new ones.

I realize this might butt-hurt some people that already bought an instance that hasn't expired yet.

Instances will expire during this next reboot for new system.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2013, 09:22:54 pm »

most of us clear up to T6 in less then 15-30 mins.

/faint
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2013, 08:56:31 am »

and 1 hr? Seriously most of us clear up to T6 in less then 15-30 mins.. What are we supposed to do then?

Could you identify 'us'? Damn warriors.

The code and zone Instance creation is awesome though.

Very much agree here.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2013, 08:50:19 am »

Is there a trick that I'm missing to get the free waypoint to work?  I bought it last week and have yet to have it work properly.  When i /say waypoint to my FWP, it says i owe 99990000 plat to create an instance.  I downloaded the new spell file two separate times (7/30 & 8/2) and it hasn't helped.

Suggestions?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 8678