Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:04:26 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Guild Quest Camps  (Read 18053 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2010, 08:18:39 pm »

Several people complaining about guild quest items being perma camped by players. I put in Guild Instances already in several of the zones for 100kpp per instance. These instances last 24 hrs and the loot you get from that private instance should sell for many times more than you paid for the instance.

What other zones need this 100kpp Guild Instance? I know some of the already have it. If the non-instance is camped, then you'll need to farm enough plat to get a private guild instance. This is how the problem is resolved. This also creates economy where players can sell/trade items.

If there are any other bottle neck zones without an instance, then let me know in the forums here. Please don't spam my email, as its already spammed enough and I can hardly reply to everyone on a daily bases with random questions. Try to ask them on here, and get people to reply or discuss.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Demin
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 08:28:14 pm »

Hadden and his stupid earring come to mind, but I'm not sure a 100k plat instance is feasible there for just FB earring and black stone from the midget.
revloc02

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 09:28:39 pm »

Dude, the earring is a pain. Always camped, always. Agree that 100k instance might not be the solution, but it'd be nice to have an alternative of some sort. Pick a mob in WK and have the earring also drop there?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:23:46 pm by revloc02 » Logged
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:31:41 pm »

Items like earing on 1hr spawn or begurgle on random spawn arent feasible for 100k instances.
You can camp both items for 8 hours and come out with one, possibly 2, hardly enough to make 100k instances, let alone the 8 hour camp worth while.
Lyricz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 10:05:46 pm »

It seems people in guilds don't even use the guild instance system. 9/10 people I come across doing the FG and CG have guilds. Which has to be super annoying for those actual newcomers. Not to mention half the time people are farming 1 item for 4 or 5 alts so they can box. I think, there should be an alternative. Perhaps add another 10 items to that list, and only make us turn in an X amount of items. That way at the very least, we can decrease spawn size/waits and still have some supply and demand.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:18:14 pm by Lyricz » Logged

Haters Gonna hate.
Rostam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 10:39:12 pm »

add the earring and the crown as random loot in Dulak.

in fact any bottle neck item could be added to dulak mobs, here are the benefits as i see them:
  • more incentive for lower level people to play there and get something
  • zone is restricted to lvl 60 and under, so no level 70 mass killing
  • out leveling the zone is addressed by turning on AA's.
  • no trains in the zone

probably more benefits (and i'm sure someone is gonna come up with cons to this) that i can not think of at the moment.

this should civilize things a bit i think.
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 10:44:10 pm »

It seems people in guilds don't even use the guild instance system. 9/10 people I come across doing the FG and CG have guilds. Which has to be super annoying for those actual newcomers. Not to mention half the time people are farming 1 item for 4 or 5 alts so they can box. I think, there should be an alternative. Perhaps add another 10 items to that list, and only make us turn in an X amount of items. That way at the very least, we can decrease spawn size/waits and still have some supply and demand.

That's more of the peoples problem, not the system. There are instances put in to counter these, but the people have to use them. I find the system as is perfectly fine except for a few of the spawns: Hadden, and  Lord Bergurgle. Reason being, they have a long spawn time, dont always drop it/placeholder, and are lore, so they are not desirable to be farmed.

Going through the lists quickly...

Greater lightstone:lots of mobs to drop it
dragoon dirk: low respawn time (10mins?)
shiny brass shield: again low respawn time, 10-12mins i believe.
dwarven work boots: low spawn time, not lore
adamantile band: multiple drops, in an instance zone
Polished granite tomahawk: 4 different spawns drop this i've heard, only seen 2 though, including High pass
mithril 2 hander: mob spawns every 11ish mins, in an instance
Executioner Axe: (dislike this spawn personally lol) in an instance
Flowing black silk sash: in an instance
short sword of ykesha: not lore, in an instance.
Silver chitin hand wraps: drop rate in insanely high
fighting baton: multiple spawns, low spawn time too i believe
knuckle duster: not lore, in an instance
staff of forbidden rites: multiple drops off of kill
fungus tunic: in an instance

looking at that, it looks pretty easy to obtain to me... but of course this doesnt include the 2 main problematic drops.

Thaumaturgist Robe: multiple drops, quick spawn time i think
Flowing Black robe: low spawn time, but has a locked door which can be annoying.
Robe of the Oracle: instance available
Shining Metallic Robe: instance available
Light Burlap Sack: instance available
Advisor Robe: low spawn time
A Glowing Blasck stone: not sure on spawn time here, but the mob is usually up so never had a problem lol
Jade Reaver: ugh, do i need to explain this one? lol
Fishbone Earring: loooong spawn time, and doesn't always drop the item = QQ
Golden Efreeti boots: i think this is only a 15 min spawn time, but it might be 30.. cant seem to recall, hes usually up for me
Ring of the Ancients: 10 or so spawn time with placeholders
Lord Bergurgle's Crown: 30min spawn time with placeholders Sad
Red Dragon Tooth: multiple drops
Mana Robe: multiple drops

So really it seems only those 2 are worth complaining about, so maybe an instance for both the zones would be worth it, although not an 100k instance, but maybe 50k, since thats the going rate of the items, and they are lore so people won't farm them unless boxing and most would be too lazy to do that anyways lol. So you end up just buying the item with the 50k and the required time to get the item to drop, doesn't sound so bad to me.

Sorry for the pretty much unnecessary lists, but thought it might also show those that might complain about other drops, that really they are pretty easy camps and which have instances that some might not know about (OOT)

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 11:48:45 pm »

Omg I can just fucking hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth when you get to HoH to farm stones, use 16 of those stones to pop a boss that you will have to have your shit together to kill, nothing like before mind you.  Oh those 16 stones went to waste because the one item drop was a silk hat that nobody needs cause by this time weve all realized its faster to use all plate people?  Ok ho back down and farm 16 more stones, oh some ass hole killed the whole zone that has a two hour repop?  100k please, today tomorrow the next day, well you get the point.
Please go easy on me I hadz me some bad times tonight and self medicated myself with some of Mr. August Busch's sweet concoction and taking it out on you poor souls.

Poop
curator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 12:28:16 am »

most items are camped 24/7, but just wait in line.  I've had no problems with people getting their item and not leaving while I'm in line.  Of course if no one is there waiting, then why not camp it more.  Just this week I got all the items for both the FG and the CG within 24 hours.  I have the advantage of playing during non-peak times, which maybe will help any of you get the items.

That being said, I do not like that the CG/FG are a requirement for progression (2.5).  But it is what it is.  I think the rewards for the FG/CG should be good enough to make people want to join instead of being made to have to do it.  Perhaps like 3.0 where we have to get tokens from qvic to be 'blessed', a similar thing can be done for 2.5 in another zone.

Though I do not like camping, I do like that I was sent to places in everquest that I would not have ever seen again if the FG/CG wasn't implemented.

Just an idea, but there are more important things than changing something that already works.. but maybe instead of camping for items, we just have to go to a certain spot in zones.. instead of actually getting Hadden's earring, we just have to visit his spawn spot.  But, that would be very easy so the list of places we would need to go to should be much longer than the current FG/CG spot.  Kinda like a EQ live tour of significant places.  BUT like Hunter said, the CG/FG provide a means for an economy.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 01:49:04 am »

You can get the fbr and smr without ever going into a dungeon, let alone worrying about a locked door.

Not sure if you can instance Sebilis, since I've just bought those items, but the locked door is a pain for me since I don't have an alt to unlock it.  Yeah, I could roll one, but it's a hassle I would rather not deal with.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 02:47:52 am »

I've said before I think 100k/guild only is crazy for these zones.. we talkin about GUK here.  Cool  Not exactly a raid zone.  Make them 2k/group instances, like Potimea and Hushed banquet/2.5 zones.  2 hrs is plenty of time to get 1-2 items if you're lucky, and if not it was cheap enough to just try again tomorrow.  100k is too much.   You say to farm them for 24hrs and get your 100k back.  Well that may work for some people, but it's a big no-go for me.  I can't sit at my computer for 24 straight hours, I have to work, and honestly even if I could sit there for 24 hours, I don't want to.

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 05:47:56 am »

Just seems like people will always whine about something being too hard.

I camped and traded 4 sets of CG/FG for ONE Qvic/Ldon run each before I was strong enough to box 3.0's by myself, Plus camped the sets for all my toons.  There were lines at all the spawns. There were no instances available. I just stuck to it and got it done. 

Now you can camp a set, sell it for 500-700k and buy 2 to 5 Qvic runs for one set.   You can buy an instance and make a ton of plat. You can buy/sell drops that used to be no drop.

Things are WAY easier now and people are complaining. I think they will always complain. It doesn't matter how easy you make it.

Maybe when you can just hail an NPC in SFG and it gives you all T4 Armor/Weapons and congratulates you for beating the game they will be happy.
Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 06:19:27 am »

Cracken is right, I take back my post.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:07:08 am by Concho Pete » Logged
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 06:51:06 am »

Lol i'm pretty sure hunter was looking for what other zones to set up instances in. Not all of your ideas on how to get out of a little bit of camping. Tongue       Everquest is camping items always has been always will. Grow to like it or move on. I would pay the 100k for instances for the one hour camps like Vox, Naggy, and Hadden and would greatly enjoy that if you would add that to be a part of this server.  Grin

Cracken
GL of Classic Composers
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 09:15:31 am by Cracken » Logged
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 10:38:55 am »

Sounds like an instance needs to be added for Hadden.

Might as well add one for Naggy/GeB

For those who say it isnt worth paying 100k for instances of these zones - it probably isnt. However, you can easily negate the cost by buying a guk instance and making a good amount of money off it. You dont need to spend 24 hours in guk to make back your 100k. I would suspect 24 hours of guk could net you easily over 1 million plat.

I spent 5 hours camping a guk instance and suspect I will sell all my drops for about 300k. This returns my already invested 100k and gives me an extra 200k to drop on instances that "arent worth it."

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 282