Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:13:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tradeskill Guild (Quest)  (Read 6791 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2010, 11:29:28 am »

Going to work on the Tradeskill Guild Quest next.

By joining this guild thru lots of questing, you'll get to enter an exclusive zone just like the FG and CG. This zone will allow you to craft special armor that will be all/all wearable at level 1. The armor will be many ranks, up to (almost) as good as T3/T4 armor, or higher depending when T5 comes out, etc. Of course this will not be easy. It'll require farming and plat dumping. It'll probably be 4x faster or better just to farm the no-drop items directly from the zones, since the components for this all/all wearable at level 1 tradeable to anyone (not no-drop) will require a component from those tier zones, which will also be droppable so people can farm those components to give to a master tradeskill player to craft the armor on their behalf.

The tradeable armor from this quest would probably benefit people doing RoA, especially if doing it solo, not boxing. Just farm up enough plat to buy it off a Master Tradeskill player. Another use for this armor would be a new guild starting out, could farm up enough plat to buy this armor off a top end player that is a Master Tradeskill person, so that their main guild can have a powerful tank to carry them thru some custom zones quick.

So if you want tradeable armor as good as say T1 armor, then you'd need to farm a component from a T1 boss. This component will be tradeable (not no-drop) but also rare loot off the boss. That, in combo with expensive components from vendors in the tradeskill zone, will be able to create tradeable armor all/all level 1 as good as the T1 armor. This all/all armor will typically be like the warrior stats, and look like plat too.

This tradeable armor, say T4 equal, would probably sell on the market for easy over 1 million plat per piece, so a full suit would be like 7 million plat or more, for a full suit of tradeable, equal to T4, armor.  I think I'll let the first suit be just for strait up plat off vendor as an instant reward for players that complete the quest line, then level up the armor from there.

I guess thats the most detail for now. I'll be working on that quest line this weekend, so expect multiple reboots during this weekend since I do not have a test server to test stuff on, so I do my work on the live server.

Haven't checked email yet today. Going to bed now, will check it tonight, in case anyone had a problem or issue.

Thanks,

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 12:56:18 pm »

wow

Sounds interesting

Thanks as always.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:29:13 pm »

That was more than I think anyone was expecting. I like the idea. I also like the fact that market prices for this gear will never drop below a specified amount (which im guessing will be quite high as he referred to it as "plat dumping.")

You mentioned that there would be different ranks - will these ranks be like the current gearing system where i will need Rank 1 to make rank 2 and so forth?

Keto

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 10:08:10 pm »

honestly think 1 mil is a bit too low for t4 armor. having to get qvic tacvi t1 t2 t3 and t4 to get 1 armor part takes a lot more time then it does to farm 1mil plat.

i personally only have as high as t2 armor and would benefit dramatically from this bit still think that people would get to the highest tier too quickly and burn out which then causes people to quit. like having this many people on ez.
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 02:26:13 am »

honestly think 1 mil is a bit too low for t4 armor. having to get qvic tacvi t1 t2 t3 and t4 to get 1 armor part takes a lot more time then it does to farm 1mil plat.

i personally only have as high as t2 armor and would benefit dramatically from this bit still think that people would get to the highest tier too quickly and burn out which then causes people to quit. like having this many people on ez.

I have to agree, i dont like the idea of people getting T3/T4 armor easy with just plat while other farming thousand avatar to get cyan to pop boss and get chance to have armor, i have killed a littlle bit more than 150 T4 boss and i still didnt got my last piece (bp ...) do you imagine how many time it require to get all those stone ? and all the time you need to kill all those boss ? so the player that actually are doing this or already did it wont like to see other people just buying T4 armor for a couple of million plat ? this isnt fair, there is no price for a T4 bp for exemple ... and can you imagine for T5 ?
I just think for people that want the way of crafting, they should get armor with stat decreased like 25% less than the one who drop from boss.
Its always getting easier and easier, dont forget EQ is based on long farming  Roll Eyes
Rick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 04:37:05 am »

I have to agree, i dont like the idea of people getting T3/T4 armor easy with just plat while other farming thousand avatar to get cyan to pop boss and get chance to have armor, i have killed a littlle bit more than 150 T4 boss and i still didnt got my last piece (bp ...) do you imagine how many time it require to get all those stone ? and all the time you need to kill all those boss ? so the player that actually are doing this or already did it wont like to see other people just buying T4 armor for a couple of million plat ? this isnt fair, there is no price for a T4 bp for exemple ... and can you imagine for T5 ?
I just think for people that want the way of crafting, they should get armor with stat decreased like 25% less than the one who drop from boss.
Its always getting easier and easier, dont forget EQ is based on long farming  Roll Eyes

This is kinda what EQ live did with DON.  Made it very easy to get higher end gear simply by buying it instead farming it. So, ultimatly you have people running around with the best gear in the game and no idea how to kill a T3/T4/T5 boss.  Just my opinion and I'm sure many will probably disagree, But I think making items like this will end up taking away from endgame content and people will get bored very quickly once they buy all their nice T4 armor and youll have a buncha clones spamming ooc to get their crafter armor with no desire to go kill anything to "earn" it.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 12:01:22 pm »

Everyone is not going to get this armor lol. Its going to require a lot of tradeskill effort from already existing recipes. Also, the drop rate on the required component from the high end raid zones would probably be a 5% drop rate so for every 20 no-drop armors, you'd be able to craft 1 tradeable armor of similar stats, of course along with plat dump, and other farming throughout the world, and some combines with other items crafted from other tradeskills. Honestly, it'll be so time consuming, and expensive, that final armors could probably sell for 10 million plat for 1 piece. How many noobs then would be running around in max stat gear? Probably not much. This would make great though for a guild to put all their money into 1 main tank to gear him out to kill bosses to help them progress the regular raid zones, or for a guild to share 1 suit for power leveling, etc. I bet most people don't even want to do this tradeskill quest line because of the time consuming, plus anyone that can make 1 piece of a certain tier would likely be wearing a full suit of equal no-drop gear by that time. Hope makes sense, just got home, and tired. Will be online all night tonight, after my quick nap.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 12:55:43 pm »

you maybe right if item needed are rare drop from boss of the tier you want the armor, it wont be that much easy.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 01:08:24 pm »

Hi hunter,
This looks cool Smiley I do question this a bit based off your last statement. Why implement something that caters to the exception and not the rule? Wouldn't your time be better spent working on something that a majority of the server could use? You have created a great tiered process that also promotes an economy, just not sure this is the best bang for the buck. As always, really. Appriciate the hard work and awesome server.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 04:14:04 pm »

I think this is a great idea if its does indeed take drops from the acutal tier armor your making so you could equip alts friends or sell them to make money for instances.

As long as the effort is very and i mean very time consuming i am fine with it, because put into perspective how much time it takes for those that wish to farm those items instead of buying, you need to gear up a min of 6 toons whether you do it or 6 people each have 1 charms in ldon, roa, epics list goes on and on you can see where i am going with this.

xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 11:01:24 am »

SO to craft the armor you need no-drop componant from boss, so only flagged peaple can done it.

Newb or alt will get stuff easy without getting FG/CG, QVIC or other flag, and no farm time, just buying it.

Is it really usefull for a newb or alt to get stuff but no access to any hight end zone....

So that could be usefull for single box ROA

So newb or ALT will have to farm many million of PP (that take more time that farming T2 T3 T4 T5....). Or they will wimply buy PP and buy flag to get all access...

So once you will be in zone and you see a toon with no no-drop you can imagine that he have no clue about how to fight the boss...

So i think this update is not very usefull, but if that can make peaple happy and can help... why not.
And that will give a goal for high end guys that are full stuffed... instead of waiting T5 update they can farm for selling item.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 12:23:39 pm »

So newb or ALT will have to farm many million of PP (that take more time that farming T2 T3 T4 T5....)

Hahahahaha, you're joking right?

Seriously...

You're joking...

Right?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva