Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:52:25 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Having problem with Abyss dungeon  (Read 6565 times)
Drep

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:23:39 pm »

For the last fee days I have been having problems with the Abyss dungeon.    I get the pop up box in order to enter but then it just goes away and the miner says stuff about squids matting. 

I have tried with single characters, groups and raids.  They all get the same message.   I have also tried #e leave and quit on all of them to make sure they were not already part of one.

Is it working for others?

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 01:06:41 am »

Hateborne has disabled the t5 mini due to people abusing it, he said earlier in OOC that it will be back AFTER t10 and if it is abused more then it will be gone permanently
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 05:30:48 am »

incl. the 5 barries ?

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 06:33:05 am »

Oh.   Did he say what was being abused?  I thought they fixed the abuse problems previously.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 07:28:29 am »

Oh.   Did he say what was being abused?  I thought they fixed the abuse problems previously.

We did and another way was found. Going to adjust after T10 for the last time. If this fails, T5 mini will just be removed.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 07:36:03 am »

We did and another way was found. Going to adjust after T10 for the last time. If this fails, T5 mini will just be removed.

Any reason to not outright ban the abusers, especially if it's the same people again?  I know how it works online and in the real world, just sucks if it's a few asshats ruining something for everyone.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 08:52:44 am »

Is it a quest problem? I could help fix it if you need help :p

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 11:57:53 am »

Technically, it's a quest issue, but more it's an expedition issue. It's people abusing the lack of a lockout on zone-in/creation by repopping/restarting the mini-dungeon over and over to get the bosses they need/want. Once I get t10 finished, I'll just set a lockout for everyone in group when instance is created (before anyone zones in). So if they don't like their bosses spawned and kill nothing, they're still locked to the instance for the day without the chance for a repop/reform.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 02:06:47 pm »

Technically, it's a quest issue, but more it's an expedition issue. It's people abusing the lack of a lockout on zone-in/creation by repopping/restarting the mini-dungeon over and over to get the bosses they need/want. Once I get t10 finished, I'll just set a lockout for everyone in group when instance is created (before anyone zones in). So if they don't like their bosses spawned and kill nothing, they're still locked to the instance for the day without the chance for a repop/reform.

-Hate

Already a 2 hour lockout once you kill the first boss why not just up it to 6 hours
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 02:55:08 pm »

Ahh, sounds like the issue is that if you didn't do anything in the instance, you could restart to get new bosses until you got what you wanted.

Basatards  Angry

Kilz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 05:21:17 pm »

-Hate

Have to admit I'm guilty here.  Someone told me about re-making/whatever the expd, saw other people doing it, never thought anything about it.  Assume it was a "feature" like repopping/creating multiple instances/etc.  That being said, if I'm the reason it's offline, sorry!  My bad!
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 08:26:41 pm »

-Hate

Have to admit I'm guilty here.  Someone told me about re-making/whatever the expd, saw other people doing it, never thought anything about it.  Assume it was a "feature" like repopping/creating multiple instances/etc.  That being said, if I'm the reason it's offline, sorry!  My bad!
Good for you, much respect.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 06:32:45 am »

I had actually realized this could be done one night after I did the abyss dungeon (wasn't able to test to be sure because I had lockout) and told hate about it only to find out he already knew and that people were abusing it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64996
  • Total Topics: 5055
  • Online Today: 199
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)