Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 10:12:51 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: So...idea for Halloween.  (Read 4486 times)
Darinow

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2015, 11:13:17 pm »

Alright, grab the torches and pitchforks guys.  So Hate and Akka have been doing some scrambling trying to get the server a hefty dose of act right before Halloween goes live so they don't have to listen to everyone cry throughout the whole event, oh..and because they enjoy giving us an enjoyable experience : P  But I find myself wondering if it would just be easier for all involved to push the event back to sometime next month,say around thanksgiving, which would take some of the pressure off of them to get this stomped out RIGHT NAO.  Aside from the irritation of having to wait longer it really isn't going to hurt anyone for halloween to not happen on halloween.  Just throwing this out there to see what people think.  Not sure if it would even make it to the consideration phase with akka/hate, but it seems like it would be better for all involved.  Good things come to those who wait etc etc.  And if the t10 release muddies up these waters, that could still be done on time and if nothing else disable DL for that zone when halloween event rolls in.  TBH with the lag wrecking everything/everyone as hard as it has been, i can't imagine folks getting much done in the "rape train has no brakes" zone anyways.

Thoughts anyone?
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 11:20:14 pm »

Oh you are a brave soul:)

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 11:22:36 pm »

I'm all for it, but there's going to be a lot of push-back from the folks that took off work all week specifically for the halloween event.  I can almost say for certain that it won't be postponed due to that fact.

For me, as it stands, I'm not even going to be able to play the first couple days as I'm going to be out of town working.  I'm not fortunate enough to be able to take time off just to play a game, lol( Tongue ).

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
dopeystuffz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 12:32:03 am »

Yah took my yearly vacation at this time just so I could play during Halloween however much I want >> would say a no from me Tongue
Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 09:05:19 am »

I'm all for it, but there's going to be a lot of push-back from the folks that took off work all week specifically for the halloween event.  I can almost say for certain that it won't be postponed due to that fact.

For me, as it stands, I'm not even going to be able to play the first couple days as I'm going to be out of town working.  I'm not fortunate enough to be able to take time off just to play a game, lol( Tongue ).

I totally get this.. as I am one of the people who took a bit of extra time off to play.  But at the same time, if those extra days are filled with nothing but frustration because I get on yet get nothing accomplished because of said issues i'd rather just kick back and enjoy my days off and deal with work+halloween later on when i'll actually be able to get more done : P
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 01:58:24 pm »

I took the week off too Smiley not just for this but it's on my agenda. If it's a rough go due to server issues maybe they could open it up another weekend after. This event has become a tradition and is probably the most fun I have online, don't push it back Smiley.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 06:26:43 pm »

I took the week off too Smiley not just for this but it's on my agenda. If it's a rough go due to server issues maybe they could open it up another weekend after. This event has become a tradition and is probably the most fun I have online, don't push it back Smiley.

This may happen. If we can't get something working. This is getting a bit out of hand.

-Hate
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:30:34 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 06:47:53 pm »

Thanks for workin so hard on this, HB! And please convey to Akk just how much we all appreciate his time spent, even while on vacation.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64993
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 60