Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:32:58 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Print
Author Topic: Post-T10 Grocery List! 12-2-15  (Read 66269 times)
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2015, 12:04:53 pm »

Kruciel and a few others seem to be enjoying the difficulty
-Hate

now we seem to have people just randomly Mass AFKing in the zone waiting for things to spawn....

I mean no disrespect at all Hate.  It had to been crazy coding all of this and i give you mad props!   It just seems very weird that you would have wanted a zone like this on this server knowing the player base.   I guess I'm glad there are a couple people on the whole entire server that seem to enjoy it though.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2015, 12:09:17 pm »

Hate, thanks for the response.  I have a few follow up questions.

1 - What is the planned migration for the zone once it becomes old hat?  If a group of 6 can't handle it, the zone will not support new players once the majority of folks are beyond T10 as there won't be people in the zone to speed up said triggers.

2 - While my crew certainly has a lot it could do as far as UW, SOA, etc, we were looking forward to T10 and a new challenge, however, that was about the zone being challenging for our group of people.  Not a challenge for a bunch of people on the server who may or may not be working together.  Is there a feasible way for what we deem ourselves as casual to enjoy the zone?  It sure doesn't seem so from reading Kruciel's posts.

3 - What is the server vision moving forward?  While this server may not have originally been about instancing, it most certainly is that today.  This started while Hunter was still with us so he was aware as well.  If the vision is super crazy zones that can be handled by a group or 2 in instances, that's fantastic.  If it is super crazy zones that require a bunch of people running groups doing all kinds of stuff, that seems counter-intuitive to what EZ has been about since I started playing.  If that is the new direction, I'm cool with it, as we all know, you guys run the show here.  However, it's not something I'm particularly interested in so I can save myself some time if that's where we are going.

For some perspective, every single zone on the server can be done as one group, now this one we have a statement that it effectively can not.  That is a huge change in direction after getting through 9 tiers and a bunch of zones never named as tiers.  Plus, all of them can be instanced.

spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2015, 04:08:21 pm »

As a 6 box tier 10er I can see it as an incredible challenge to anyone not running 2 or more groups. My kph is low so several of the boss's will be out of my reach for a while. I've been lucky to be able to tag along with kru and some others. It's slow but as upgrades come spell accessories and armor the zone seems less painful. Essences are what I've been unable to find but I'm sure its just RNG lol.

1000 plageborn seems ungodly for me so as a fan of T10 I would be an even bigger fan of a T10 mini that would garentee at least one plageborn hint hint
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2015, 04:20:35 pm »

With 1k orc kills give or take I have seen the following;
1 essence
1 plaugborne
1 pair of shiny boots on my tank
1 bow of shiny on my tank

This is a dismal amount of gear but it already seems to have made a difference.

I predict in short order of 20 or so days I will be on total cruise control in this zone and likley be back farming to complete UC3 on my shammy/druid ect along with SOA on all melee toons...

I predict 60days of content is what this will look like for me.  Shall we find out:)?Smiley

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2015, 05:49:03 pm »

Quote from: hateborne on Today at 11:21:40 AM
Kruciel and a few others seem to be enjoying the difficulty
-Hate

That statement just doesn't sit well with me...

I read why you chose to avoid instancing but why disable CoH item, especially if it may help some of the weird "offline" issues that some of the raid shows as previously reported on?

Keeze
Moruk

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2015, 08:02:04 am »

It would be fantastic if the Ultimate Weapon quest line scaled correctly.  As it stands now, you arent powerful enough to start the quest until T5/T6-ish.  And when you do finally start the UW quest line, the rewards are not worth using until you level the UW to 5 or 6ish.  No one actually uses the lower levels of the UW's, they just bank them until they get worked higher and are worth using.  Seems like such a waste.

It would be great if you could actually earn your UW as you progress through the tiers:
- Progress characters to Qvic
- UW1 quest is obtainable at this tier, and the reward is useful (ie better than epic at this tier)

- Progress characters to CT
- UW2 quest is obtainable at this tier, and the reward is useful (ie better than epic at this tier)
- etc

The only way I can see this working is replace the EoN for the first 5 tiers of the UW with something obtainable at that level.  And moving the EoFS to the appropriate zone (ie: EoFS1 should be moved to Qvic with same spawn/drop chance).  This would make progression more linear on the server, instead of working your characters to tier 5/6 then stopping and going back to backfill the missing UW.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2015, 09:06:26 am »

Hate, thanks for the response.  I have a few follow up questions.

1 - What is the planned migration for the zone once it becomes old hat?  If a group of 6 can't handle it, the zone will not support new players once the majority of folks are beyond T10 as there won't be people in the zone to speed up said triggers.

There is no planned migration. Currently, T10 is the end game until T11, T12, etc. Just like the rest of the server, as new things are released, older bits become slightly less horrifying to grind out. Look at T1-T5. Before, it was not uncommon to see players in T5 without UCs across the board. Now, it seems very much like EVERYONE has UCs before completing T4. The damage output, even for lowly augs, is significantly higher with multiple characters toting UCs than it was a few years back.

2 - While my crew certainly has a lot it could do as far as UW, SOA, etc, we were looking forward to T10 and a new challenge, however, that was about the zone being challenging for our group of people.  Not a challenge for a bunch of people on the server who may or may not be working together.  Is there a feasible way for what we deem ourselves as casual to enjoy the zone?  It sure doesn't seem so from reading Kruciel's posts.

I'm still trying to hammer through most of it. It is a complex zone that I've very clearly botched at release (or stumbled out of the gates, whichever). Some of it is still not working quite right, some of it does not have scaling triggers yet, and some of the triggers are hilariously simple (but too complex with only 2-4 people there to figure it out). It is meant to be DOABLE by a single player, but ENCOURAGING more than one.

3 - What is the server vision moving forward?  While this server may not have originally been about instancing, it most certainly is that today.  This started while Hunter was still with us so he was aware as well.  If the vision is super crazy zones that can be handled by a group or 2 in instances, that's fantastic.  If it is super crazy zones that require a bunch of people running groups doing all kinds of stuff, that seems counter-intuitive to what EZ has been about since I started playing.  If that is the new direction, I'm cool with it, as we all know, you guys run the show here.  However, it's not something I'm particularly interested in so I can save myself some time if that's where we are going.

For some perspective, every single zone on the server can be done as one group, now this one we have a statement that it effectively can not.  That is a huge change in direction after getting through 9 tiers and a bunch of zones never named as tiers.  Plus, all of them can be instanced.

As mentioned earlier:
Hopefully that shed some light on the decision. It wasn't just "lol no instances scrubs", but a considered and pondered decision that Hunter and I made. This isn't to say all future zones will be this way, nor will there be any guarantee that another like this will occur.

This was more of an experiment and gut-check, just like T5.

It would be fantastic if the Ultimate Weapon quest line scaled correctly.  As it stands now, you arent powerful enough to start the quest until T5/T6-ish.  And when you do finally start the UW quest line, the rewards are not worth using until you level the UW to 5 or 6ish.  No one actually uses the lower levels of the UW's, they just bank them until they get worked higher and are worth using.  Seems like such a waste.

It would be great if you could actually earn your UW as you progress through the tiers:
- Progress characters to Qvic
- UW1 quest is obtainable at this tier, and the reward is useful (ie better than epic at this tier)

- Progress characters to CT
- UW2 quest is obtainable at this tier, and the reward is useful (ie better than epic at this tier)
- etc

The only way I can see this working is replace the EoN for the first 5 tiers of the UW with something obtainable at that level.  And moving the EoFS to the appropriate zone (ie: EoFS1 should be moved to Qvic with same spawn/drop chance).  This would make progression more linear on the server, instead of working your characters to tier 5/6 then stopping and going back to backfill the missing UW.

The UWs are not meant to be "earn as you go". As much as I hate to admit it, the UW has become part of EZ's progression setup. I will not be heavily increasing the lower end as I don't want new players stuck and believing they need an UW that early in the game to even progress.

-Hate
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:09:02 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2015, 10:13:30 am »

It is meant to be DOABLE by a single player, but ENCOURAGING more than one.

-Hate

Very happy to read this, thank you hate.  <3
kojak488

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2015, 02:47:45 pm »

And when you do finally start the UW quest line, the rewards are not worth using until you level the UW to 5 or 6ish.  No one actually uses the lower levels of the UW's, they just bank them until they get worked higher and are worth using.  Seems like such a waste.

I did.  That healing mace was extremely valuable on my tank.  I'm T5 with a UW5 mace.  I got my UW1 around the time I started T3 and it sure as fuck was valuable.  The same for UW2, UW3, and UW4.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2015, 04:43:25 pm »

And when you do finally start the UW quest line, the rewards are not worth using until you level the UW to 5 or 6ish.  No one actually uses the lower levels of the UW's, they just bank them until they get worked higher and are worth using.  Seems like such a waste.

I did.  That healing mace was extremely valuable on my tank.  I'm T5 with a UW5 mace.  I got my UW1 around the time I started T3 and it sure as fuck was valuable.  The same for UW2, UW3, and UW4.

Yeah I started my UW at T8 and banked everything until I could create UWIX as the HP loss was not worth it to me. Of course I box 18 toons so had no DPS issues.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Stikkan

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2015, 04:01:42 am »

Be nice to have access to halloween vendor year around while points only available during event.  I didn't get IG to drop for all my characters and I have enough credits for them.  Being as t10 deaths are huge, I'd definitely like to be able to replace CTs on my alts before the next halloween event.  I do not believe myself to be the only player that could benefit from this as well.  Familiars are available through EZ creds, don't see any problem with this since players already farmed halloween points.
Other thing I was wondering about is SoA.  The current SoA pricing was for a slightly different shield iirc.  I didn't have SoA then, but I remember almost a year ago seeing a version with some other bonuses on it, something affecting pets too.  Since this is no longer on SoA, was the price ever adjusted for the change?  Been considering SoAs for t10, plat cost and all around cost though is huge.  Also, any chance on adding heroic stats to SoA?  Heroic stats are on higher tier items, I am thinking heroic stats at least on SoA levels.  If price on SoA remains the same, I'd definitely like to see high heroic stats on it in comparison to tier gear to make it even more appealling for dps to grind this item out.  Late tier heroic stats won't make much difference for warriors that normally get the SoA anyways as soon as they can afford it after some damage.
Btw, in case anyone is curious.  I did that calculations, feel free to check.  I sure didn't double check.  I rounded my own values on ores, and got plat cost to be around 64M, sls cost at 250k each is 17.5M, EoNs at 2.5M each for 27.5M, and essences using common prices is 46M.  Total of 155M in plat.  I wouldn't buy the entire SoA obviously, put it in plat for myself.  To my dps I wouldn't benefit enough to make any difference from 155M invested on them except for t10.  I know SoA isn't necessary, it is also unlikely for many players beyond their tank with this cost.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:50:25 am by Stikkan » Logged
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2015, 07:22:33 am »

I know SoA isn't necessary, it is also unlikely for many players beyond their tank with this cost.

It is very much necessary for alts that will draw rampage. Even then, more mobs that rampage the more dmg = death and then ur next up will be eatting it.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2015, 04:58:26 pm »

Can we please keep the T10 posts to the T10 thread? This thread is not about T10, it's about the rest of the server. Can we please keep it that way so I am not forced to delete posts or lock thread? Sad

T10 Post:
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4875.msg64473;topicseen#new

-Hate

Viciouss

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2015, 02:43:03 pm »

To those making comments about the viability of Shadowknight tanks, looking for buffs : Invest more time into your tank. The warriors who would tell you they know I cant run with the rest of them have never played side by side with me (Or Watch, as a better example) as a tank. Those who have will rarely say there is something I can't do, because they see each class has it's strengths and weaknesses. I progressed through just about every tier except T7 by myself, and T7 was more of a buy fest for me to catch up with a friend who had played while I did not.

As much as I'd love to be super OP, Shadowknights don't need squat. We're plenty viable as is. I'd take an IGP if Hate's handing them out, though, since ive missed Halloween 3 years running now.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2015, 10:15:17 am »

Honestly, I'm not digging that fact that halloween pets are "critical" pieces of tank progression. Hated it from get-go and still do. I would be fine with them giving 1-5% or something like that, which WOULD show but is nowhere near 'required'.

Either way, not going to gimp them or remove their appeal. Before this list gets worked on, pets are very attractive. After list, I intend to keep them attractive to utilize.

-Hate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988