Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:21:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Server population dwindling  (Read 16917 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2019, 11:51:12 am »

Wondering what can be done to help server population....numbers are dropping. I understand that we have not had any "new content" in years but what else can be done in the interum? Thoughts? Ideas? GO!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 03:35:14 pm »

At the very least, an active GM presence...it's been sorely lacking since Hateborne was around. I didn't agree with a lot of what he did or how he went about doing it, but I never questioned his dedication to his role as the server caretaker.
gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 08:02:20 pm »

It's got to be tough.  They have lives.  I'm just happy the server is here.  Yes, would be great to have more folks on, and they trickle in here and there.  The next tier will immediately bring the morning EST level to 200, as opposed to the current 85-100'ish that I log on to most weekday mornings.  Bring the Halloween zone on in some form always accessible, and that would jump population, but just for the elites who were formerly here all the time.  BTW, I think paying 50MMpp for a 7 day instance, or even 100MM pp would be a great way to drain some plat from the server and bring prices back around.

To your question more to the point, invite friends, former players from the old days, meaning the live old days, etc.  May help a bit.  I love playing here since it's at your own pace and you can always go to any zone from the old days for nostalgia.  Good stuff, hope the server stays around.  I've been on for over 10 years now.
stales

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 04:52:32 pm »

My ideal and would be great to remove some of the billions plat from the game is make where you get a Halloween instance that cost 5mil plat per hour.
sjobidoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 04:43:21 am »

Some alternative lower tier content might help aswell.

Mind you..I have all the respect to you guys who has already been grinding like hell to get where you are. But personally I struggle keeping the interest after so and so many hours of continious grinding. The tiers (atleast so far) seems to be somewhat monotone... Kill x-number of mobs for y-chance of getting gear type z..repeat until all characters have it.

Of course there are some tiers which differs... And again..I mean no disrespect trying to find some easy-way up to the higher tiers. Just suggesting one might be able to get more (new) players to the server if there could be some more alternatives to either tier and / or gear progression.

Otto

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 11:53:31 pm »

Tier 10 has been the killer for me. The grind is brutal, and hard to stay focused.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 03:10:40 am »

Lack of new content, GM presence and leveling up new toons burned me out. I've been MIA for about 5 months now and will keep lurking until something exciting happens.

Nota

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 01:45:11 pm »

Year-round zone pull drops would go a long way in reducing the grind I think. I'd love to be able to instance Halloween as well. I'm always appreciative that the server exists at all in any case.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 01:08:27 am »

I decided to come back today, so there is that Tongue

The time sure does fly, i cant believe i haven't played in over a year...

Ergg

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 12:32:45 pm »

I do think the server is suffering from far to rare GM  and lack of new content. I would suggest Akk appoint another GM to help revitalize the server, someone with programming skills and a long history with the server. One who has shown willingness and interest in helping the population in general. I am suggesting that Akk consider Dimrwar if he is still interested. I have played the game with Dimuwar for a long time and I think he would be able to stay in line with Akk's  vision while adding new life to our ripe server.
Otto

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 08:28:04 pm »

Dimur and Natedogg would have my vote

Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 03:58:43 am »

i vote for same guys

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 01:56:21 pm »

Make Dim a GM!

I’d do it if I could keep my toons Smiley

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 07:19:30 pm »

As much as I realize and understand that this is more or less a non-profit spare time project that is far from Akkadius main priority and rightfully so. I can't help but to think the players and especially the few veterans that have been here for about 10 years and still going strong, deserves more than what EZ have had for quite some time. By the looks of it EZ lacks someone with time and motivation to keep new content flow at a decent pace.

It's been nearly 8 months since we started the T11 thread and there has not been much happening in those threads we worked on..and many felt it was long overdue back then even. Some of us worked really hard on those ideas and thoughts.

Dimur for GM? Sure, if that was an alternative Akka would entertain. Can't really think of anyone better suited. Perhaps others in the EQemu community are interested? I guess Akka would know best, as he is active in the community and knows a lot of people.

Hope you all take this the right way, only want whats best for the players and it is what it is... not been the greatest as of late, from a players perspective.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 06:08:07 pm »

I've been trying to think about how to address this and clarify my stance.  When Rent is around, he's a big asset to the server and EZ community as a whole.  He's an ideas guy and he is always open to feedback, he keeps things light with humor and he truly is the server caretaker.  It's when Rent isn't around that things become stagnant and people lose interest in logging in.  I get that this is a thankless job and RL comes first, but my dig was more directed towards Rent as a Hey, don't forget about us!  As long as Rent is willing to do the job, we're lucky to have him.  There are a handful of us that are ready to help out if needed, and I do appreciate the endorsements, but if we can get a bit more random Rent is due messages I think we'll be fine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 321