Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 01:30:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Server population dwindling  (Read 16862 times)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 08:43:14 pm »

Thanks Dim,

Old guard!

gotee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 12:02:46 am »

U have bashed Rent in OOC for the past year Dim really ? LOL
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 07:21:22 pm »

U have bashed Rent in OOC for the past year Dim really ? LOL

Maybe you don't get Dim and Rent's relationship.....and stop trying to stoke a fire that isn't there.  Wink

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 09:44:42 pm »

Well I mentioned it in a thread a year or so ago and got bashed by everyone essentially, but the bottle neck that is T5 is a major issue. Also since this is a boxing server, maybe stream lining some context where it can be soloed buy one full group of toons instead of 12. I run a 5 box team and I accept that I will not reach T7 and beyond, but it would be nice to be able to box 5 toons at a time (my comp sucks as does my boxing ability so I keep my group short) and make it to T7. I mean we are already talking T11 now I think T7 should be the real bottleneck for diehards. In all honestly, for newer players its a bit intimating and a long learning curve especially with all the code and macros you need to learn just to experience progression but thats not the servers fault, its EQ make up. I still would like to see the bosses in T5 streamlined and easier to pop without having a spreadsheet in front. And I know the vets will pipe in "well thats the fun, grinding" yes I understand but to the certain degree it gets too repetitive. I rarely play now Ill admit, after spending 300 hours plus on one tier (granted I suck) and missing about 12 bosses left, Ive burned out. BTW I am not a brand new noob just a casual player. I can bet ive been on this server longer than most that are in t10 now, just adult life has drastically cut my playing hours for a few years now. Its a great server with tons of content and fun, but at this point I rarely play and when I log on I can only really look forward to grinding for my ring to get any advancement.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 09:48:22 pm by Soakked » Logged

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 03:09:08 pm »

I just recently did all content up to T10 with 6. I don't understand why T7 would stop you.

Also for as much shade as T5 gets, I think it's a fun and interesting zone... I think most of the distaste isn't from people going through it their first time, it's the 4th time through where you can't just zone pull everything and be done with it. To be honest I much prefer specific boss hunting to like T8 where I just need to kill 1000 telks until ranger boots drop or whatever.
Otto

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2019, 09:03:48 pm »

Ahh man, the age-old T5 gripe... Lol

T5 is ok aside from the corals, there are just too many and I get lazy. I remember beta testing it, and telling Hunter the zone was going to mentally break a lot of players. He laughed and didn't change a thing. Back then call of the hero didn't work in the zone, either... I don't foresee Akkadius changing a thing with it, as Hunter designed it to work exactly as it does. (He loved to troll players).

It's sad to see the population slowly die down, but the server is over 10 years old fellas. It's amazing to see it still here.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2019, 08:59:42 am »

I can't see any reason for T5 to ever change, or even be slightly modified.

The zone is such a classic "Hunter" zone. T5 really embodies his style and flare.

I love that the zone is in our game and that it won't ever change. It is fun to see it come up in discussion from time to time though.

Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2019, 09:03:35 am »

how about adding T5 mini version like befor ?

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2019, 04:10:47 pm »

how about adding T5 mini version like befor ?

I agree with this.....it did help in a way for folks.  I am unsure of what all "exploitation" was going on in this zone but maybe that issue could be addressed and allow the zone to open back up.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hn77

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2019, 04:31:38 pm »

As someone who is working their way through T3/T4 currently, just curious:

What is so bad about T5?

Likewise, what is so good about it?

I get the 100 bosses thing, not so much the other stuff...
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2019, 10:48:15 pm »

As someone who is working their way through T3/T4 currently, just curious:

What is so bad about T5?

Likewise, what is so good about it?

I get the 100 bosses thing, not so much the other stuff...

You wont really get the 100 boss thing until you experience it Smiley. There will be a handful of bosses that you will swear are broken because you have tried 1000 times to spawn them to no avail!

Aside from that one particularly painful thing in T5 are the Corals. They are mobs that are underwater and rooted, so you have no choice but to get your ass down there and swim to each one. This one is far more annoying when you are going through it for the first time as you often need your entire group to kill them and due to them being rooted your boxes will die frequently.

I enjoyed the zone myself but certainly got sick of it. I personally dont see any harm in making it easier for the new folks. Nothing crazy, just a boost to the boss spawn % so people spend less time to get through it.

Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2019, 08:16:44 pm »

I mean I get it, I actually dont mind the zone too much it was fun and challenging, but those last 20 or so missing bosses is a pain. After logging in and seeing the same zone it does kind of take the fun away in a sense. But I understand its purpose. I was just adding my 2 cents coming from someone that isnt T10 and doesnt have the time to play 2 hours a day. Most EQ players at least now have families and responsibilities (damn we are old already lol) so its nice to feel like you can log in play 4 hours a week and feel like you are progressing in some way. I mean either or I will log in from time to time just for nostalgia but I guess Ive already made peace with not advancing past T5 for a while due to my lack of playing. The only reason I brought it up is for new players, thats all.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2019, 09:57:39 pm »

I feel bad seeing posts like this because I'm contributing to the problem.  I think I'm approaching nearly a year since I was active on the server.  Population issues were a big concern then, so I don't know why I felt it would be different now.  It's hard to keep people interested in a game over 20 years old.  I agree another GM could help bring attention back to the server.  On the evenings AKka or Rent (or Hateborne for that matter) would hang out with us it always kept me online longer and felt more engaging, especially if we got some updates or Q&A.

The YouTube page was an attention to help draw people in, and even that has been neglected by me due to life events.  Long story short, lots of good stuff, desk broke in a move and never set up my computer.  When things settle down, I want to be back on the server and back to making videos, but I think all of us have that same mindset.... mostly.

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2019, 05:36:51 am »

Reboot the server, delete everyones chars, let shit start over.

That'd probably fix the issue. Or am I wrong? - it'd be like starting on an EZ progression server =D

I would be tempted to start again, I absolutely loved T1-5. Plus new people who started up, would experience those tiers, as they should be experienced. Filled with other players.
aleon39

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2019, 10:29:17 pm »

I don't see how that would fix the problem with population. I find the problem being that you can box as many toons as you may want without the need to interact with others - making the whole server feel as a single player mode.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 189