Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:39:51 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
Print
Author Topic: Halloween 2014  (Read 117440 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2014, 04:29:18 pm »

... I just wiped(whole grp) by a Stone Monster....

sigh

was red then turned yellow on me no idea why con changed mid fight

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2014, 05:07:19 pm »

sigh

What tier is Stone Monster suppose to be, because if CT is suppose to be T3 and is lvl 75. Diablo just spawned me a Stone Monster that is lvl 80 that I'm scared to even go near.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2014, 05:24:15 pm »

1 CT in 1 hour.

SM was supposed to T4, but it's honestly on par with a t8 mob.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2014, 05:31:43 pm »

sigh

What tier is Stone Monster suppose to be, because if CT is suppose to be T3 and is lvl 75. Diablo just spawned me a Stone Monster that is lvl 80 that I'm scared to even go near.

Just updated the boss pet drop with their tier.
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4507.msg57827#msg57827

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2014, 07:15:27 pm »

Thanks again Hate for all the fixes today and for all the direct answers to questions you didn't need to answer, it's very much appreciated.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2014, 07:22:45 pm »

Hah, you're welcome. Sorry I was less than super polite today. Work is fairly debilitating as of late. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
gagem

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2014, 11:13:55 pm »

Diablo seems to despawn during daytime hours now, the only issue this presents is with the lack of chains firing to the next named, Diablo was the only reliable source to be able to get the BU+ spawns.  Just making an observation, will still be doing the zone regardless.

I was under the impression that he WAS despawning until today. He should still be up during night hours, giving you slightly delayed spawns. This would really only affect you in a significant fashion if your kill rate was...REALLY REALLY high.

I will continue to keep an eye on it during the course of the event. :-)

-Hate

I don't know what I am missing... I keep hearing about Diablo (big red guy in the middle) spawning bosses for plp, but I have not seen anything about/near him, and he doesn't respond to hails or act like a vendor... Any clue for the clearly sleep deprived?
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2014, 01:52:46 am »

I can no longer kill trash in this zone with 15 characters let alone CT. Zone seems broken now not sure what happened.

All T2-T4 geared toons no chance for any gear in this event as is.

Had fun while it lasted if this is permanent, but I can't imagine this is working as intended.

gagem

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2014, 02:03:51 am »

I can no longer kill trash in this zone with 15 characters let alone CT. Zone seems broken now not sure what happened.

Had fun while it lasted if this is permanent, but I can't imagine this is working as intended.

Had a mob lvl issue earlier.  Have everyone zone out and #e leave, WAIT 5min (with out this it didn't work for me), then re-start the expedition.

Helped me, hope it helps you.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2014, 02:28:52 am »

Had a mob lvl issue earlier.  Have everyone zone out and #e leave, WAIT 5min (with out this it didn't work for me), then re-start the expedition.

Helped me, hope it helps you.

This worked for me. Thank you!

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2014, 06:05:55 am »

Constructive Feed Back based on a day spent in the event.

1. New content is very refreshing.  Previous Halloween content was stuck at T6 and using original zones. 

2. New chain additions!! 

3. Adding quests/expeditions to the mix.

4. New clicks

5. New Zone

6. More mechanics involving spawns/timers

7.  Plat drops $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Stuff up for discussion:

I understand that providing detailed examples and suggestions as information generates the best results and will try to present this as such.

Content has been tweaked quite a bit since it's release a day or so ago.  I believe it moved from yellow con mobs, to a average scale of the raid (which was abused) which determined mob level by all the toons you had, now I believe it is scaling to your highest toon.  This is almost always going to be someones tank, and often this toon may be higher than other toons as extra effort is often put into the tank in order to progress through tiers.  This being the case, likely puts some players in a "unable to kill or survive" situation, which was observed multiple times in OOC last night. 

Assuming we can't scale mobs anymore due to abuse, a suggested fix with explanations is thus:  Assume that difficulty for Halloween trash mobs doesn't need to be the choke point here, the clicks are the desired loot (excluding money, which is nice).  With this in mind, and your click bosses already tuned to it's appropriate tier, the Trash mobs become the easiest variable to mess with.  Tweaking tier content isn't very time sensitive and is often done over months or even years.  Halloween however is a week at best?  My suggestion is just to lower Trash mob hp (and damage if you see fit, tho at lvl 78 I am able to pull most of the zone and not die as long as the druid is doing his thing).  This would effectively increase spawn rates of click drop bosses without lowering their difficulty.

Quests are a nice added touch.  The honey quest and grave digger npc turn in quests seem just about right.  The kill quests for a single token might be a bit better providing 5-10 tokens as you have have likely amassed 20ish or so tokens before completing any of them.  Have not seen the food rewards but hoping for good things.

And as always, keep up the good work and thank you for all that you do Hate/Akk.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:24:53 am by clbreastmilk » Logged
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2014, 08:03:15 am »

Awesome event all around. I would have loved to see the armor, strikes, and fg/cg items but from what I hear, more events to come with that in mind. If I could recommend a change it would be to add stonewall to the mistress familiar... just so my main could use it instead of the ig t5 item:

Mistress of Flame: (T9)
•250 point increased Fire Resist Cap
•~15% Melee Proc of Kaldar's Heavenly Fire (stats)
•6666 Damage Shield
17% stonewall (18% maybe??? OMG)
•100k HP*
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2014, 08:25:52 am »

I would disagree with that one Zefire. Only because it would make the IG obsolete. I believe the way it's set up now is a specific familiar for each type of PC you have. Melee, caster, tank and I like how it is. The only one I am scratching my head is the 2nd to the top, I think it's the devil one. Seems Bleh when in comparison to the rest.

Feedback from spending a substantial amount of time yesterday in the zone:

1. Mob hp's are too high when you factor in the pop rate of CT.
2. CT pop rate is too rare after seeing the conversation with Dim and Hate
3. The fog covers up the beauty of the zone - I find myself using the map to navigate and it takes away from the aesthetics. Did you know there is a statue with a pumpkin head? I didn't till I ran into it.
4. All the candy to be turned in for a chance to pop CT again ( like last year) Like a new NPC that does it, maybe boogie man or Jack Skeleton !
5. Decrease the size of the Eyes by 50 or 25%. They are way too big when u get a pack and take up the whole screen

Other than that, it has a great feeling but it doesn't have that "Reward" type feeling as previous years. Its not a complaint as based on my experience with previous halloween. I helped a guy out last night in my zone and he said doing the zone was too hard for him (currently T4) and didn't feel like he was getting anything out of it. I know the amount of work you've put into it and I like others are greatly appreciative of it. I think it just needs a small tweak here or there.

Strike augs, FG/CG stuff, I was admittedly upset they were included as they were in previous years. I know got a feeling I know why they are not, but with how rare it is getting a chain I kinda second guess if I really know why they are not. I keep telling myself they will be at the end of the week in something else and I look forward to the 2nd part of this event.

Please don't take this as QQ wah wah, it's just my personal observations and feelings which some will share, and some will not. That being said Thank you for the hard work you are doing and the time you've put in fixing what you did so far.

Keeze
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2014, 08:28:07 am »

I would disagree with that one Zefire. Only because it would make the IG obsolete.

Higher tier items tend to do that to most lower end items. The IG made the SM obsolete, but we still love the SM since some cannot get IG...

According to the list IG is tier 5, mistress is T9... so why would I not want to replace it with a T9 familiar?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:28:14 am by zefirus » Logged
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2014, 08:35:15 am »

Some constructive criticism:

1. ) Plat drops are great. Without them I'd be in anguish or Loping or something once i got most of the crew most of the pets. The plats and AAs and quests and such make it worth sticking it out in House Garden.

2. ) The forced spawns from Diablo help lessen the RNG woes one can experience. Nice Touch.

3. ) The move of the zone in point to a place with fewer roamers really helped. Thank You.

4. ) The mob scaling is a little steep, still. But the rewards help soften the 'risk' and the 'grind'. The motes also help with getting the pets from the bosses that are royal weiners to chain to. Smiley

I've been killing with two guildies in one big instance and it's been a complete blast. Day One was a little scary, but all the kinks worked out fine and this is shaping up to be one of the best Halloween Events EZ has ever seen. Sincerely, thank you Hate/Love/Akk. This was a complete sideways trail to the promised land, but it got there and then some. Its amazing in ways we never even thought possible, exceeding our expectations. If this was all truly from scratch, we owe you a debt of gratitude i'm not sure we can ever pay.

thank you Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats