Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:10:07 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18
Print
Author Topic: Halloween 2014  (Read 117055 times)
Toadchampion

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2014, 12:48:43 pm »

My first Declaration is that we receive Half off the prices in the EZ Credit Store for our pain and Suffering....
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2014, 12:50:03 pm »

I am really not understanding why we cant just "flip the switch" like Hunter said a thousand times.

flip the switch for Halloween to be on like every other year.

new stuff is cool, add that to the existing core.

I guess im just not getting it.

I and a lot of others took a whole week off for this and .................

I will wait and clean house.....

Well, let me explain it shortly since you seem irritated that the content you freely consume that is developed without pay isn't immediately available for your unpaying pleasure.

Hunter died. Hunter left no notes. Basher reached out to a few people and chose Akkadius and I to pick up the pieces. What was "flip a switch" for Hunter, is an unknown number of variables, scripts, queries, and other quest file changes that we did not have knowledge of. Personal scripts on his desktop, in his email, or memorized bits were lost when he died. So that "switch" had to be rediscovered (partially) and worked with from there.

In addition, if you want us to stop building content and feed you Halloween with no new bosses or new pets, all with t6 being the end game...we could. Akkadius, Love, and I could walk and you could stay in your never expanding sandbox.

Lastly, Akkadius and I put more unpaid hours into the server monthly than most people put in paid hours to their job. Little less entitlement would be appreciated.

-Hate

yup. stop being d-bags guys - have some patience.

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2014, 12:52:02 pm »

Hate - I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of us GREATLY appreciate your work, and realize (at least to small part) what a large amount of work and what a huge job you and Akka have taken on.

The whiners (which I have been occasionally... though I'll claim "constructive criticism" status) are always heard louder than the ones that are happy. That and the happy ones don't post to say "I'm happy".

Except that random "Enough !" all is well thread from Duluum a while back, lol

Anyway, please realize that the majority of us are very happy with what you've done (you and Akka) with the server... even with the few hicupps.

THANK YOU!!!
- collectively, EZServer (signature forged by Darpey)

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2014, 12:53:43 pm »

Fuck entitled bitches.    

Thanks for all that you do Hate.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2014, 12:53:49 pm »

I am really not understanding why we cant just "flip the switch" like Hunter said a thousand times.

flip the switch for Halloween to be on like every other year.

new stuff is cool, add that to the existing core.

I guess im just not getting it.

I will wait and clean house.....

Well, let me explain it shortly since you seem irritated that the content you freely consume that is developed without pay isn't immediately available for your unpaying pleasure.

Hunter died. Hunter left no notes. Basher reached out to a few people and chose Akkadius and I to pick up the pieces. What was "flip a switch" for Hunter, is an unknown number of variables, scripts, queries, and other quest file changes that we did not have knowledge of. Personal scripts on his desktop, in his email, or memorized bits were lost when he died. So that "switch" had to be rediscovered (partially) and worked with from there.

In addition, if you want us to stop building content and feed you Halloween with no new bosses or new pets, all with t6 being the end game...we could. Akkadius, Love, and I could walk and you could stay in your never expanding sandbox.

Lastly, Akkadius and I put more unpaid hours into the server monthly than most people put in paid hours to their job. Little less entitlement would be appreciated.

To the rest, I'm really sorry. I'm trying to get this back up as soon as possible. No word from Akkadius yet, but still harassing every 15-30min (while I'm at work too :-D). The rewards and craziness from this year should be VERY worth the temporary wait. Even so, even CRAZIER bits set for this weekend. :-D

-Hate

Take your time, I know a lot of people are jittery because of this being their favorite seasonal event on this server. Though it probably means nothing I apologize on their behalf. I respect and am grateful for all the work and continued work you and Akk have and are doing. Please don't let random complaints deter you and please know that there truly are people not only excited for the events you have created this week for us, but the continued work you will do.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2014, 12:53:56 pm »

Hah TinkleyToys, I'm aware and not hating. That sense of entitlement towards free stuff needs to stop, but even from this thread (and those texting me), most of you ladies/gents/trolls are being awesome about it. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2014, 12:54:26 pm »

^ support Darpey on this. I took off all week but I do have lots of free time so am in no hurry.

Thanks Hate,

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Ugazel

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2014, 12:58:09 pm »

Yup yup getting a lot of stuff I had to do during this week so once everything is settled and polished it will be all good to go, thanks hate and akk for you time and efforts!!
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2014, 01:01:37 pm »

Guess I'll try to uproot the #1 DH on the leaderboards for greater rifts on d3 while we wait huehuehuehue
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2014, 01:02:06 pm »

It's hard to offer feedback either positive or negative on things we have no knowledge of, so with all due respect to the amount of effort you guys put in, you should expect people to try to wrap their brains around the development thought process.  I doubt anyone knew that the Halloween switch or whatever it is that Hunter used was lost with his passing, knowing this certainly makes it easier to understand why the old stuff won't be available this year.  I'm definitely looking forward to consuming the new content you guys have busted ass over designing for us...on your own time no less, and I think everyone appreciates that you guys have kept EZ up and running as a respite for us to bide our time in.  
You certainly don't owe anyone an explanation on what you decide to do or why you decide to do it, but try not to take it personally when people ask questions.  
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2014, 01:04:48 pm »

I think he only took the part about wasting people's time part personally.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2014, 01:06:27 pm »

Not at all irritated by concerns being voiced Dim, only this part:

I will wait and clean house....

The "I took time off for this and I can't have it now, this is unacceptable" attitude. :-)

Woogie, you nailed it.

-Hate

EDIT: Sent by coworker. LoL why people why?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:09:12 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2014, 01:12:23 pm »

Fuck entitled bitches.    

Thanks for all that you do Hate.

Best post ever

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2014, 01:16:39 pm »

Hey, how was I to know that the "switch" that Hunter boosted about every year was lost.

on the 2nd part, yeah I took the week off for this, but I also took the week off cause I was forced to pick 2 weeks between now and the end of the year because I never take vacation, so I figured why not for this.

this isn't a pissing contest as to who works more, I am positive you put in ungodly hours on this server unpaid, and of course I enjoy the time you put in to make this damn thing work.

entitled? no, upset? yes. why? this is a magical time of the year on this server, it was Hunter's most loved week. I wanted with all my heart for this week to go off without a hitch, not one single trip.

I am not as high and mighty attitude as most of the server thinks I am from reading my senseless messages in ooc.

and no, I am not, nor is anyone here "entitled" to a good time on demand, for any reason.

but, when you build something up in your mind for so long and it craps at the starting line your mind goes into a bit of a "what the heck" mode.

you should give me one oz of credit to know that I do not "hate" you, nor do I completely blame you for these events that im sure are out of your control.

I am frustrated that the event didn't kick off grandly and magical like I had envisioned it in my mind, that's all.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2014, 01:19:29 pm »

As someone who did not take off time from work for this event....and now reading this from said work....HAHAHAHAHA!!

lol...

I hope its up before I get home in a few hours...

if not

WORLD OF TANKS.....

blow some shit up...Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats