Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:26:10 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Monkly things that do not work  (Read 8447 times)
Voth

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2010, 07:51:49 pm »

I'm compiling a list of all things Monkly that are currently broken or not working correctly.  Hopefully they will recieve some attention.  Some of the following may have been altered for EZ server, so I am just going off of "classic" information.

Skills

Sneak is supposed to cap at 113, and at which point, has a 100% success rate.  It currently caps at 114 and does not have a 100% success rate.

Mend is supposed to have a 100% success rate of 100 or greater skill.  It currently still fails in the 100-199 range.

AA

Purify Body is casting the wrong spell.  It is currently casting "Purify Soul" when it's supposed to be "Purification." 

Mending of the Tranquil does not seem to be working.  This is a hard one to parse, as Mend has a 6 minute refresh.  However, the rate to critical mend with Critical Mend (Luclin) and Mending of the Tranquil (PoP) is supposed to be around 84%. 

Rapid Strikes is supposed to give a chance to perform 2 extra mainhand attacks on a successful tripple attack.  It is accompanied by a message "You execute a flurry of attacks."  This does not seem to be working.

Sinister Strikes is not working at all.  This AA adds a damage bonus to your offhand. 

Shielding Resistance is not working.  This AA is supposed to recude damage shield damage for each offhand swing by 20%, up to a full 100% at maximum rank.

Imitate Death and Style of the Mimic, which came out during OOW is not present, yet other AA from that expansion are.

Items and Focii

Focii are working strangely for Monks.  The only ones I've tested with are Improved Damage and buff durations.  Improved Damage works on our Dragon Fang ability, but not on our weapon or spell procs like Panther.  Other classes seem to recieve the effects of this focus though.

Extended duration item focus, like the Guardians Charm, are not working correctly either.  On other classes, they will extend the time of buffs gotten from the Buff Bot.  Monks do not recieve these extensions.  Also, the Qvic drop Monk only item, Amice of the Tranquil's focus which extends our Fists of Wu ability only works when targeting an NPC.  If you target yourself, nothing, or another player, it lasts for the standard 1 minute.  When targeting an NPC andcasting, it lasts for its focused duration of 1 minute 30 seconds.

The Flying Kick mod on the various Monk epics is not taking hold.  On the 3.0, for instance, it is 1500 damage.  My normal FK never exceeds 500 or so.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 09:53:59 pm »

I'm looking at the EQEmu code which may not be exactly the same as what EZServer runs on, but I'd guess it's probably pretty close.

Sneak - 25% chance + (skill / 300), so you need 225 skill to be 100%.  No special handling for monk.

Mend - Straight random 0-199, if the random is less than your skill you heal, if not you don't.
Critical Mend adds 5, 10, 25% chance to crit heal.  Mending of the Tranquil adds 5% per rank on top of that.

Rapid Strikes - Assuming rank 5, there's a 20% chance for the first extra hit and a 10% chance for second.  The first doesn't need to succeed for the second to succeed.  No extra message I can see for this.  There is a message for flurry, but it's a different code path.

Sinister Strikes adds a random 5-10% to the min/max/hate generated by the offhand attack.

Shielding Resistance appears to be unimplemented.  It's in the list of AA but there's no code that uses it.

Flying Kick Mod appears to be handled in the code.  The bonus adds to the potential max damage as an extension of your skill, so if you have 300 skill the calculation would be done as if you had 1800 skill.  The formula is

max_dmg = ((GetSTR()+GetSkill(skill_type)) * RuleI(Combat, FlyingKickBonus) / 100) + 35;

GetSkill is where it appears the 1500 would be added in, and I don't know what the RuleI value would be.  I haven't gotten around to installing a database so I can debug these things I'm curious about.

Voth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 11:03:11 pm »

Something I forgot to mention, all my information on what's "working" or not is from Live, from whenever the said AA / item, etc came in.

Sneak was wacky for Monks ever since I started playing in Luclin.  113 skill = no fail. 
From levels 2-20, you put all your training points into Mend so it would never fail.

So take it with a grain of salt if things are supposed to be very different.  Just stating some oddities I'm finding as someone who still plays on Live.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 11:48:41 pm »

For some things it will be really hard to decide if it is working as it would on live or not.  For instance, the higher level epics.  I don't believe you're gonna find a live item with +1500 FK skill.
Voth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 12:02:50 am »

Right.  There's currently a cap on FK, Kick, Bash, Frenzy, Backstab, etc on live of about +100, but I've noticed many things like Haste and HP / Mana regen are capless here.  I'm just referring to the AAs and skills in this case.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 07:41:34 am »

Well, considering, I know that FK mod/+dmg does not work.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 11:11:03 pm »

I got some more time to look at this today.

I believe the way the +1500 is added to the item is with the ExtraDmgSkill/ExtraDmgAmt fields.  At least if I change those on my items it looks the same as the epic in the client.  As far as I can tell those fields are not used at all in any combat calculations for any skills, so Flying Kick isn't specifically left out.

The SkillModType/SkillModValue fields are used, and can be used to increase the damage, but the cap on the % increase is 127% due to how the code is written.  I removed the cap from the code and didn't see any ill effects, but didn't do much testing.

I'm not sure what high end stats/skills are like or what the FlyingKickBonus value is set to in the EZ database (The default is 25%), but assuming a strength of 400 and a skill of 250 you'd get this:

Kick Mastery AA adds 30 to 70 to the minimum kick when fully trained.

max_dmg = ((400 + 250) * 0.25) + 35;
min_dmg = ((level*8)/10) + Random(30, 70);

So, from 86 to 197 or so.

With a +125% mod the max would be around 275.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 12:08:11 pm »

uber lame.
Alazar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 10:35:15 pm »

So is this going to be repaired, or are we just stuck with that one crappy mod?  A +200 dmg proc single target (x2) would be better than a stupid + flying kick modifier, tbh.

Warriors have a +1500 AE per weapon, and I understand it is about aggro and I'm fine with that, if I wanted to be a warrior I'd play a warrior.  What I want is something substantial on my 3.0 instead of a mod.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 12:50:50 am »

1K ae, and its not from the epic; its from the augs. Also this AE 1K is almost no agro whatsoever. The DD aug is 1500 and super agro, though.

Even with all this, one to one monks are still top of the food chain for dps, I thought, or damn near it. Does that mean they dont need to have the epic fixed? Not my decision.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Demin
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 07:34:15 am »

The monk Epic effect does add a damage proc for a short time, but I have no idea why it has a stun component. EVERYTHING resists the stun, making it entirely pointless.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 07:38:17 am »

monks are top end in T4. Before that they're easily outparsed by warriors.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 178