Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:18:38 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Inner Flame knocks down Shaman 3.0?  (Read 5280 times)
Alazar

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:06:19 am »

Anyone tell me why Inner Flame would knock off the Shaman 3.0? It's pretty annoying honestly that our best damage AA would knock down a pretty significant HP buff.

Is this a bug or working as intended?
Therous

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 05:35:52 pm »

i'm also pretty sure the monk epic 3.0 clicky gets rid of it as well. I haven't played my monk in forever but a RL friend said 2 things were getting rid of the 3.0 buff. so therefore we hardly use it. also something from the beastlord gets rid of the buff as well.
Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 06:25:20 pm »

I believe it has to do with the bugged nature of the shaman buff, it has a listed %mod to damage in the buff (which actually generally lowers your damage by that %) and innerflame increases your damage by a bigger % in the same spellslot so it overwrites it.

I don't even bother logging on my shaman anymore because the hp is almost never worst losing a bunch of physical damage.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 11:00:53 pm »

The monk 3.0 and innerflame getting rid of shaman 3.0 buff is a new thing. It did not always do that.

Litharan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 04:50:47 pm »

yes innerflame knocks down shammy epic as shammy epic has a dmg modifier on it and apparently both modifiers take up the same slot.  I just stopped using innerflame which sucked but over the course of a longer fight the shammy buff adds overall greater dps.  I recently got a 4.0 epic on my shammy and the dmg modifier has been removed, I'm not sure if this is a pro as I've said, in the longer fight the modifier significantly improves dps over the short duration of innerflame.  But all things being equal if you have the T4 monk clicky im not sure that the shammy epic 3.0 dmg modifier stacks with it anyways.

Lith
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053