Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:54:31 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What is the super aoe heal proc I keep hearing about?  (Read 9186 times)
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2011, 04:49:36 pm »

I haven't played EQ since kunark and I'm trying to build a solid 6 box team. People keep saying paladins get an amazing aoe heal proc, but what is it?

Right now I'm running around at level 40 or so:
warrior, monk, shaman, enchanter, wizard, mage

I can swap anything but the wizard Smiley
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 04:53:12 pm »

Drop: Shaman/Enchanter

Add: Paladin/Cleric

The Paladin proc heal is from the epic(s).

That 6 box team will serve you well through the tiers.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:55:22 pm by Haimon » Logged

Denzig <STONE>
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 07:06:37 pm »

Yeah your enchanter and shaman are not going to be useful. Drop those and add the pally and cleric as suggested.

6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 07:44:22 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions. One question, though - who on that team has a mob slow, or is it done through a weapon proc?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 07:50:24 pm »

Once you get pass a certain point nothing can be slowed. I can't remember where it is, but it is quite early on. Maybe dulak or shortly after.

6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 10:33:19 pm »

Ok that makes sense. Also I'm guessing mez stops working as well or is unnecessary?

Do you rely on the buff bot for haste/clarity without an enchanter?

I just made a cleric/paladin duo. The paladin is freakishly overpowered 10-30...basically soloed the entire castle mistmoore at level 10 since the dd proc doesn't scale. I haven't even learned any spells but a level 1 nuke for pulling with the cleric. I never died once.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 12:41:55 am »

Make sure you are using Focus of Healing. And yeah, Mez is not used. Buff bot for haste. It is pretty easy to get your haste to minimum anyway.

6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 11:10:35 am »

I'm currently running:

WAR MNK PAL PAL CLR WIZ

I may swap one of the paladins out at some point, but for now it makes 6 boxing a lot easier. I'm not using any boxing management software except mq2 for /stick.

I love having unlimited mana on the wizard with manastone + PAL heals. I'm struggling to find decent damage before level 60 though. I'm at 52 right now and still using Conflagration for only ~1100 damage because it does more damage than any of my other spells, I think because of the cap on my improved damage newbie charm?
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 11:39:43 am »

Your wizard T3 T4 spells will make your wizzy do much better with a good sorc.

Appren

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 12:27:11 am »

I may swap one of the paladins out at some point
No you won't Smiley

As for wizards, they are great damage at very high progression levels, but something of a pain until then.

Appwar - 4.0 WAR
Appren - 3.0 SK
Gnoheal - 4.0 CLR
Apptwo - 4.0 MAG
Appthree 3.0 PAL
Corvac 4.0 PAL
and more...
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 06:22:22 am »

Until you get a sorc charm started on your wiz, get a staff of fluxing power from the newbie vendor.  I believe they are 50399pp, it will increase damage done.  They are great on the paladins too, even after you get their oracle charms going, right up till you get them a UC.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 11:10:28 am »

I definitely plan on picking up that staff. It's min level 70 though. I'm sort of holding off on getting past around mid 50s so I can enjoy some classic content without just steamrolling everything (I originally quit EQ a couple months after kunark came out). For now I'm sort of playing my own game rather than focusing on what EZ server is about, but I'm really happy all that's available at the high end. I plan on at least beating all the kunark content before getting past 60.

I've killed most everything in plane of fear with my 51-52 group. The hardest was draco, purely because it was incredibly difficult to find the hitbox with my paladins. I ended up just micromanaging the paladins and ignoring most everyone else. I seem to remember on live you could melee draco from a mile away. I haven't seen Cazic ever spawn.
Zuez

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 01:41:17 pm »

You know what's funny my pally was my first char on EZ and I didnt find out about focus of healing until a few months ago..
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 163