Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:11:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Should Paladins get an Aug for DPS?
NO
Allow Paladins to use Anger Aug
Create new Aug for Paladin Only
Create Paladin Only + Allow Anger Augs too

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Paladin DPS Aug (Vote)  (Read 45102 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2010, 06:43:20 am »

Paladins have been weak since the very beginning when compared to other DPS classes. Should we give them a DPS Aug like the Anger Augs that Warriors Get? Or make a new one? Or a combo of both? This would allow Paladins to tank and DPS but Warriors would still have the edge with Stonewall and dual wield.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 06:58:02 am »

Paladins have been weak since the very beginning when compared to other DPS classes. Should we give them a DPS Aug like the Anger Augs that Warriors Get? Or make a new one? Or a combo of both? This would allow Paladins to tank and DPS but Warriors would still have the edge with Stonewall and dual wield.

IMO, this is the way to go with paladins. Warriors would still be more defensive, and paladins could benefit in so many ways from an anger-like aug, possibly even more so than warriors (due to their spells.)

I'd say yes give them the aug, but give them 150% the effect from it. So I guess either: make a new aug or allow paladin epics to have 3 augs.

The reason being paladins only have one weapon slot, where as warriors have two.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 07:50:42 am »

They are gimped.
I say they should be less of a tank but = or + dps than a warrior.
Whatever dps you do, be sure to equalize with the SK's as they should parse about the same.

IMO, gime them their own augs, im sure you can tweek later if its an issue.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 08:45:46 am »

They are gimped.
Whatever dps you do, be sure to equalize with the SK's as they should parse about the same.

I disagree on DPS being equal or greater than a warrior, it's why they get spells also same goes for sk. They always have had less dps than a warrior traditionally, they get other benefits. Warrior should defend and dps better but has 0 spells. SK's + Pally's should defend and dps less but both have spells/pets.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 10:38:46 am »

They are gimped.

I disagree on DPS being equal or greater than a warrior, it's why they get spells also same goes for sk. They always have had less dps than a warrior traditionally, they get other benefits. Warrior should defend and dps better but has 0 spells. SK's + Pally's should defend and dps less but both have spells/pets.

Really, there are no "rules" for this game nor server. We can try anything Hunter wishes to implement.
My opinion, bump the crap out of their DPS until they are happy and tweak it. Seriously, do you have any IDEA how much pain Uxtalzon must have went though doing ROA100 on a gimped pally?
Warrior DPS on this server is through the roof compared to live and that goes outside of "tradition" so no reason why other classes cant obtain similar benefits.

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 10:54:00 am »

They are gimped.

Really, there are no "rules" for this game nor server. We can try anything Hunter wishes to implement.
My opinion, bump the crap out of their DPS until they are happy and tweak it. Seriously, do you have any IDEA how much pain Uxtalzon must have went though doing ROA100 on a gimped pally?
Warrior DPS on this server is through the roof compared to live and that goes outside of "tradition" so no reason why other classes cant obtain similar benefits.

Well lets put it this way if sk/pally out dps'd warriors why would you play a warrior? If I could get higher dps while healing/feign deathing etc why on earth would you play a warrior? As it sits now I'd guess a T4 Pally or T4 SK can out-tank a warrior now, ie live longer against a mob than any warrior can.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 12:11:36 pm »

They are gimped.

Well lets put it this way if sk/pally out dps'd warriors why would you play a warrior? If I could get higher dps while healing/feign deathing etc why on earth would you play a warrior? As it sits now I'd guess a T4 Pally or T4 SK can out-tank a warrior now, ie live longer against a mob than any warrior can.

I voted for both, anger and custom aug for paladin. However, i dont think this will allow them to out DPS a war, nor so i think it should be made that way. The only way a paladin will be able to out dps a war with angers, is if Hunter made the new augs with a 3k proc on them, to counter wars being able to dual wield and have anger augs in them.

I think the new augs should be the same as war anger augs essentially, with a slightly higher proc. isntead of 1.5k single DD, a 1.75k or 2k. instead of 1k AoE, 1.5k AoE.

2 augs slots on paladin epic x 1 epic = 2 augs. 2 augs doing 2k DD or 1.5k AoE dmg = 4k DD and 3k AoE (without charm mods ).

2 augs slots on war epic x 2 epic = 4 augs. 2 augs doing 1.5k DD or 1k AoE = 6k DD dmg and 4k AoE dmg (without charm mods)

think its pretty fair that way. because as Crab said, at least SK's are able to survive better than a war high end due to lifetap procs. Im not sure about paladin, have to take his word for it

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 01:04:34 pm »

They are gimped.

Well I am assuming that a Pally/SK cannot outank a warrior currently as you mentioned since warriors get better tanking gear, hp, discs etc.

Then try it with less DPS, but at least give them something. Theyve been gimped forever.
Murrjok
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 01:25:45 pm »

I still vote all mobs bodytype 3, But anything at this point would be a benefit. No idea on dps on SK but if they lack as much as Paladin except have survivability . /shrug
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 01:59:19 pm »

Running a high fever so I'll try to make this a quick post and try to keep it to the point. lol

I think a simple solution is to add a new augment to the game for all melee to use. Warriors have Anger 4 and 5 for both augment slots, all other classes just have the mossy tundra stone (or sharpening stone of the sky for 2H) while the other slot is fitted with a weak lifetap.

I'd suggest an all/all aug that just adds damage to a weapon that compliments the mossy tundra stone. Casters wouldn't care for it because it just adds melee damage, warriors wouldn't care because they have better augs, but all other melee would love it to replace the cheap lifetap.

There's one like it already, sort of. LDoN 6, Obsidian Shard or something (red gem doohicky). Just make versions III, IV, and V of it.

A paladin only aug would just cause expectations for classes to get their own.

Oh, and Secrets is supercute. :3

Murrjok
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 01:21:54 am »

Bump.

Get out there and Vote!
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 02:00:39 am »

IMO, this is the way to go with paladins. Warriors would still be more defensive, and paladins could benefit in so many ways from an anger-like aug, possibly even more so than warriors (due to their spells.)

I'd say yes give them the aug, but give them 150% the effect from it. So I guess either: make a new aug or allow paladin epics to have 3 augs.

The reason being paladins only have one weapon slot, where as warriors have two.

Paladin's can easily benefit from a decent aug as well as other classes. It wouldn't take much but a little number crunching to add effects for each class.

Rogue - BS Mod + Jolt + DD
Pal - Group Heal DD mod (small) plus Anger/DD
Sk - Self Heal DD mod (600-800hp) plus Anger/DD
Beast - Mod Cold Nukes, DD/Aug
Zerk - 35%ish Flat-line Damage Mod to start considering 2H DMG cap coming shortly and lack of damage  + Jolt
Monk - Fly Kick Mod + Jolt + DD
Bard - DD + Jolt + Nuke Mods
Ranger - DD + Jolt + Fire Nuke Mods

Once again numbers would have to be played with for a while, but that would kind of even things out, just have to punch in the right numbers.

EZ Server GM
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 02:53:16 am »

Any character in melee range doing T3/4 bosses requires two clerics in group to keep up with heals.  Lets say that Rangers are doing 1000 DPS for the duration of a fight.  A Ranger group requires 1 cleric.  Group looks something like this: Ranger, Ranger, Ranger, Ranger, Bard, Cleric.  Melee DPS group looks something like this: Zerker, Rogue, Monk, Bard, Cleric, Cleric.

The Ranger group is doing 4k DPS.  Even bringing Zerkers, Rogues and Monks up to 1k DPS isn't enough as it doesn't account for the DPS lost (as a group) because of the need for an extra cleric in that group.  Here is what I propose to fix Paladins and SKs.

Anger V aug + SK/Pal specific metal (PoD, used in T2 armor combines) = Augment that does a modest group heal.  Not so that they are able to fully replace a Cleric in a group, but so that a Melee DPS group with a Cleric and Paladin OR SK becomes viable.  This gives a role to two classes and makes three others worth bringing to a raid.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 03:26:36 am »

Noob, you only got 24 post.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 05:02:26 am »

SK definatly needs some sort of boost. Single target we are awsome but with adds we suck. My SK is 90k hps and still dies faster than a 60khp warr when adds are included. As most T2 events have adds it makes for a hard slog. When boxing I have to cycle through adds change targets on alts and so on. A likwise geared Warr just whacks em silly.
This goes also for LDON to get charms for alts, an equivelant warr to my gear can whipe the floor out while I am doing em a few at a time.

We do get the heal bonuses which are awsome but easily replaced by a cleric boxed.

You only have to look at any highend SK on this server, most have a warr also and it is for this reason. I myself started a warr this last week and got him 3.0 to keep up with the content and I really didnt want to play 2 tanks, but it looks as though its the only way.

I am not saying give SKs and pallys equivelant augs to warrior but something to make them a viable option over warrior would help.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 163