Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:36:29 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Should Paladins get an Aug for DPS?
NO
Allow Paladins to use Anger Aug
Create new Aug for Paladin Only
Create Paladin Only + Allow Anger Augs too

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Paladin DPS Aug (Vote)  (Read 45100 times)
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2010, 04:33:17 pm »

Everyone say we need to keep warriors on the top of the tanking list I agree. Why not make a Anger aug for a pally/SK but scale down the dmg say maybe 750 aoe. You dont want the pallys and sk in your group ripping mobs off when your not trying.

Having your tank use IV's and your DPS use Vs should be enough to solve this issue - no need to scale anything back.

I could be wrong? But if Dps use the V's and warriors use the IV then your dps would get chewed up by adds. The warriors use V's to help with dps yes but also to help pick up the adds correct?

Bezy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2010, 05:19:56 pm »

Well, the main tank would use the IV's and any other warriors would be using V's, so knights shouldn't be getting chewed much at all. Thats assuming your talking about raids.  In a group setting, a warrior would most likely just use V's and tank all the trash.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2010, 05:33:59 pm »

My experience goes up to T2 as I have been hesistant to start the T3 grind.

With every boss except Kronos - adds come 1 at a time. I usually switch everyone - including my tank to the add to burn it down.

Even if there are multiple adds - then what Bezy said would work just as well. V's on everyone. I dont know the calculations involved but I would think you would get more procs from your Dual Weilding Warrior than your 1 Weapon Toting Knights.

Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2010, 06:19:16 pm »

Yes.. thats true 1 weapon < 2 weapons I didnt think of this =)

Rick

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2010, 12:33:18 am »

Anger Augs were added to Warriors but heals/taps were always part of being Sk/Pal.

You give Knights the ability to use Anger augs, im basically done on this server. Congrats on making the Paladin the most desired character to play. A weapon that procs heals, ability to cure, and now the DPS from the Anger augs, why would anyone want to possibly play a different class?

So, you threaten to rage quit cause Hunter is trying to scale other melee dps up somewhat in line with warrior DPS.  You offer up no other ideas on how to accomplish this.  I seriously doubt anyone will care if you quit when your only response to this is to nerd rage quit if something you don't like is about to happen .  Hunter seems to be pretty open to new ideas, so why don't you help create one instead of acting like a cry baby.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:35:25 am by Rick » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2010, 04:29:56 am »

Yes.. thats true 1 weapon < 2 weapons I didnt think of this =)

Yeah, people not realizing Sk/Pal with proc and other util swing only 1 sword.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2010, 04:35:09 am »

People should be happy I am discussing instead of making hard changes and saying tough luck.

Warriors get dual wield and stonewall. I you want to quit, then I can help you and make sure there are no second thought by making it perm ban. Serious, won't get far with nerd rage quits, since I've already waved bye to whole guilds before. 

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2010, 01:37:03 pm »

ROFL let the ban hammer fall !!!! QQ'in should be a ban-able offense!

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2010, 02:34:12 pm »

I say just let the knights use the augs. aggro and dps wise like everyone is saying saying as pld/sk only have one sword warriors will still out dps hold aggro and out tank any knight class. Firetoad seems to be in a bad mood today readin some of the posts today >< no offense.

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
lwaggie

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2010, 05:02:35 pm »

I play Kinslayr (SHD) and only just started LDON. Got my hat handed to me so many times it wasn't funny. Made a HP battery (ClR) and when that wasn't enough, I made a war and that's my tank now. Would love my SHD to have the ability to tap more  self only  from procs while he's fighting. Maybe something for defense. WAR is half the AAs as the SHD but can take anything. Love my SHD, would love to 3 box with him as a viable alt tank. Can't wait to see what you decide. Great server!
Zadar

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2010, 11:37:57 am »

You guys must be smoking crack. Paladins are not a dps class and making them do more dps further obsoletes actual dps classes. Honestly nerf paladins so that more of the actualy dps classes are viable. I.E. wizzy, chanter, monk.   Right now tha game state is getting bad. People just run around with warrior pally groups and you want to make the problem worse?Huh?
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2010, 12:03:13 pm »

You guys must be smoking crack. Paladins are not a dps class and making them do more dps further obsoletes actual dps classes. Honestly nerf paladins so that more of the actualy dps classes are viable. I.E. wizzy, chanter, monk.   Right now tha game state is getting bad. People just run around with warrior pally groups and you want to make the problem worse?Huh?
so nerf pallys bc they arent dps class? umm ppl run around with warriors/pallys  bc warriors are the top dps and pallys heal.. Last time I checked in EQ warriors weren't dps class so im still stumped why you think pallys should be nerf'd lol

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Kishii

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2010, 12:44:39 pm »

Zadar this is the second post from you wanting to nerf every class into oblivion what gives ?

You now want pallys dp nerfed, warrior dps nerfed, and pally proc heals not affected by the oracle charm.  Whats your ultimate agenda here ?

Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2010, 12:54:27 pm »

Zadar this is the second post from you wanting to nerf every class into oblivion what gives ?

You now want pallys dp nerfed, warrior dps nerfed, and pally proc heals not affected by the oracle charm.  Whats your ultimate agenda here ?

Sounds to me he should just go make his own server and make it how he wants it.... Last I check this is Hunters server.... He is going to do what he wants... Take it or leave it...

Zadar

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2010, 01:16:19 pm »

The ultimate agenda is to find a way to bring the other classes in line. It is a lot easier to do that by taking what is op and bringing it down a bit instead of finding ways to boost the other the other 12 classes. Warriors are not a dps class but yet are top tier dps. pally is not a dps class but people seem to think it needs to be. By following this logic then wizzards should be tanks and enchanters should be healers.   So I ask you where is the logic in adding dps to a pally? 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 163