Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:45:56 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: 60 PvP  (Read 15742 times)
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 03:10:48 pm »

Just because I don't like pvp doesn't mean I can't have an informed opinion on pvp. It certainly also doesn't mean I don't know how people react to pvp. There are reasons I don't like pvp, part of which I have listed here.

I said that not to discount your viewpoint, but to highlight the fact that your opinions are inherently, admittedly, anti-pvp. Smiley You said, "Leaving the other option open allows people to have their pvp...", but unless the current Gem Collector encounter is changed, it will just continue to be a P.v.E. fight. I'm not saying that you're wrong--PvP does afford people on a PvE server yet one more way to exhibit douche behavior.

However, PvP is here. Whether and how it stays is up to Hunter. My suggestions are simply tailored at making PvP encounters fairer, and more common. I would expect you to disagree with them based on the statement I quoted previously. It doesn't make you wrong. But the fact that you started off saying that none of this even affects you does make me weigh your opinions on how the zone(s) should be established with perhaps less gravity. *shrug*

Main: Bubbin
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 03:11:52 pm »

Hunter, are you going to leave reward items usable in 60 PvP?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 06:13:48 pm »

That depends.

For example, free waypoint and CoH would be a no.

run speed would be ok.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 09:28:07 pm »

More concerned re: group cure. It's going to negate a lot of the effort that you're putting in to make spells viable in pvp. Guess we'll see, though Smiley

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 10:04:17 pm »

It will never be balanced tbh. We, the players, can make suggestions that might make it more fun at the very least.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2013, 05:24:02 am »

True. Even in original there were classes that were much better than others. Just wondering what's the point of spending time discussing and fiddling with spells/resists if the instant a debuff/dot lands someone can just click it off?

Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2013, 01:32:20 pm »

-Agree with the instant cure being not available in the zone.  That would make dots limited at best use as well as affecting snares/blinds/roots.  Also believe having fastest travel would be a game breaker for pvp here or turn into a requisite for PVPing. 

-Agree with some way of restricting farming of guildmates/friends/throw away toons.  Is there a possibility of enabling deity based teams or racial teams per zone?  Sullon Zek was alot of fun with deity based teams; Good vs Neutral vs Evil. 

-Why not have exp loss on PVP death?  That keeps farming of toons down a bit if the zone only allows level 60s in.  You die too much, you have to go farm to get it back.  Admitedly not that hard to do here, but it's a start.  It might add to some people becoming douches, but people are people... this happens regardless of PVP. Good PVP also brings people together through surviving the conflict of said douches.

Team Warmon
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2013, 02:40:18 pm »

-Agree with some way of restricting farming of guildmates/friends/throw away toons. 

Took care of that for the most part.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
jstraw101
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2013, 04:36:40 pm »

As of right now, if you are not a Pally or SK pvp is hardly a viable option.    With resists and the healing of the pally/sk epics its is almost impossible to take them down.     I've stacked dots on a pally while he was tanking the wisp and he never got below 80%.      A well geared SK or Pally will just own in this zone.   

Also, as of right now no other toon but an sk or pally can tank wisp solo.   I saw a well geared zerker get owned by the wisp.  My 59 (highest pet available to a Necro) cannot tank the wisp with fiery defender.   

Note, my toon is fairly well geared, resists all well over 200 etc.   
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2013, 05:43:11 pm »

Maybe I need their 1.0 procs to be level 65 required?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2013, 05:46:19 pm »

I could try to make the cure clickie level 65 required since mostly only level 70 people in tier zones are using it, and it does kind of make it hard for casters to do anything in pvp such as root, snare, and dots.

Might be possible that if a player dies in Commons to make them lose 1 level, so it would add up each time they die.

Going to lower the damage of the super wisp since its hard for some classes to solo.

Its not my intention to make just 1 or 2 classes king of pvp in level 60 commons.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2013, 05:51:45 pm »

Removing pal/sk procs would make PvE grind a LOT harder for people just starting out.

IMO, the damage of the wisp should be irrelevant. If the wisp hits for 1dmg, or not at all, then it prevents someone from being screwed by taking wisp dmg + player dmg. That may remove an intended risk, but it's probably a lot easier to limit wisp dmg than balance healing classes w/ classes that can't heal, etc. I think balance will require -resists, more than anything. Not being able to fear/mez/dot/nuke effectively means that anything but melee are going to take a dirt nap.

Garete

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2013, 06:09:44 pm »

what if you are required to have an item equiped at all times or your,banished from zone.  item would make all resists 0 so that the resist pvp fix doesnt mess with pve anymore.  or make a version of 1.0 that doesnt have proc and not allow other weapon in in zone
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2013, 07:26:35 pm »

was thinking of a reward clickie for 5 credits maybe that would lower all resist by 200 - 500 range, unresistable, etc.

Also, did a ninja nerf.

Paladins and SK 1.0's are now 10 damage/heal.

Cure and Travel clickies disabled for the zone.

After reboot of course.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
dartonion

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 07:59:54 am »

the resist clicky would be nice to have.

RAWR!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64989
  • Total Topics: 5054