Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:27:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: 2-11-15 Caster Changes  (Read 36344 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2015, 09:26:08 pm »

The hit counter is pointless, only reason to use drake is mass pulls. Hit count negates that. Should put it back the way it was before and just reduce heal amount or just scrap it all together.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2015, 04:42:18 am »

I agree either remove it or reduce heal. Right now it's worthless and so is druid.

As a suggestion, give drake 120% movement speed bump (even if tank has FT) and stun immunity. Decrease heal amount 15% or whatever and remove hit counter. I don't think anyone will ever use the spell or druids again otherwise.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2015, 07:51:49 am »

We may want to try drake again after the server reboots. Hate added 35% to the hits the other day, but none of the changes took because the server never rebooted Sunday AM. Lets see what the changes do.

As for not using a druid at all.....I dont know. Druid epic click aint huge, but it adds to dps a bit. Regen on pulls helps me a lot, especially with big pulls and surviving the HUGE increase in stuns I've seen. Also druids still have the best single hp buff in the game. Not huge, no, but worth using for some.

But....agreed. As things stand now drake isnt worth casting. Lets see what the changes do, though, since as yet we have not.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2015, 08:00:13 am »

Good point Chunka,
Did not know the update did not take affect yet.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2015, 08:21:32 am »

As I stated before in the upcoming thread about these changes, if the druid is useless with these changes:

A) Skin of the Drake was OP, but no one wanted to admit it.
B) The druid didn't have good enough healing without Skin of the Drake.

So far, I'm seeing lots of option A. People got used to using Drake as a invulnerability during nearly zone pulls. Sorry, not intended and not returning. If the Druid is lackluster a healer, what else is wrong with it so we might address it? The single target regen (not the group one) is much stronger than the group one, which could be cast on the tank for extra goodness.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Peign
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2015, 08:40:42 am »

As I stated before in the upcoming thread about these changes, if the druid is useless with these changes:

A) Skin of the Drake was OP, but no one wanted to admit it.
B) The druid didn't have good enough healing without Skin of the Drake.

So far, I'm seeing lots of option A. People got used to using Drake as a invulnerability during nearly zone pulls. Sorry, not intended and not returning. If the Druid is lackluster a healer, what else is wrong with it so we might address it? The single target regen (not the group one) is much stronger than the group one, which could be cast on the tank for extra goodness.

-Hate

Kruciel pointed out, on board, /ooc, publicly a couple years ago that Drake was OP.    It wasn't changed until now so people got used to it.       So, it was brought to the light.     We all knew it was OP.   But guess what, people that play this game want to clear things quick.  (cue the arguments from Aggregate Master and maybe Dim).    

Druid is certainly a lackluster healer at this point.   Single target regen is nice, but not needed on pulls really.   At least not for me anyway.    I would recommend looking into Chlorobon 2 to see if is strong enough.    Also, perhaps they could get their own line of group heal or an HoT.      

What was the EQ vision for the druid class anyway?    I thought they were just port bots, typically played by women that flirted with guild leaders to get loots.    /shrug

I still use druid to heal, as I want to max my ROI.    However,  as a new player coming up, I may roll one for a buff bot but that is about it.  

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:22:58 am by Peign » Logged
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2015, 09:09:55 am »

Decrease heal amount 15% or whatever and remove hit counter.

Heck reduce heal amount 50... 60%... (or whatever the appropriate amount would be)

This does the purpose of removing invulnerability... but would still make you moderately more capable of larger pulls for 18 seconds - based partially on the abilities of your tank - rather than making literally any toon capable of handling literally any size train for 18 seconds.

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2015, 10:10:58 am »

Druids live were meant to be a utility healer that does moderate dps. Various skills made them kiting masters, which made for a ton of solo druids. Not really an option here.

Druid dps is meh. Its DoT, but its AE DoT....so not awful. The snare component here is meaningless. With even UC2 the damage per tick aint horrid. The biggest uses for the class are drake, hp buff (biggest in the game atm) and regen. Regen was pretty big back when half the higher tier trash mobs arrowed....and for those of us seeing increased stuns (many). Druid with UC2 and single target regen 5 is getting over 250K a tick heals. Not awful, but for many not noticeable in many circumstances.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2015, 10:17:54 am »

(removed) Best to not take the bait and rehash old arguments.

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2015, 10:46:00 am »

Every class here has a defining ability (some better than others  Mage *cough*) except the DRU.  The goal then should be creating a "must have" ability for them and then tweaking that to ensure it's not OP or too weak to bother with.

I like the above example of returning Drake to it's original cast time and duration, but reducing the proc heal value.  If that is even possible?  Combining that with the HP buff and single targ regen may get the Druid back to useful.

I have notice an appreciable DPS boost from the silk side!  I use all 4.  Very nice and thank you for that.
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2015, 10:52:03 am »

I like the above example of returning Drake to it's original cast time and duration, but reducing the proc heal value.

IMO the longer recast time is critical - avoids the infinite chain drake, but yeah

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2015, 11:13:51 am »

fix this shit ... i cant even use it to  adjust my group of mobs that only takes 5 sec to do
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:37:03 am by ishallnotdie » Logged
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2015, 12:28:01 pm »

I like the above example of returning Drake to it's original cast time and duration, but reducing the proc heal value.  If that is even possible?  Combining that with the HP buff and single targ regen may get the Druid back to useful.

Peign
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2015, 01:03:37 pm »

To paraphrase a leet player:

We all dig the ditch

Drake was an excavator

Drake is a shovel
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2015, 01:10:06 pm »

DRUID

what to do?

cant use them now...

What exactly is overpowered?

I am not a smart man....

Return the cooldown to its former glory.

Increase the duration to 1hour.

Leave it as a # number of hits.   INcrease?Decrease? as needed

this gives you a buff you can place on your tank that will allow it to make a hell of a pull..with stunns and not die...../cheer

this does not allow you to return to the group and be unkillable ..

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 211