Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 07:40:56 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: PS4 vs Xbox One  (Read 7618 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2013, 01:33:04 am »

Xbox One going to have too many restrictions, with always on, required to go online to authenticate every so often, and can't trade games without paying huge fees.

Then I saw this video about PS4 coming out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Ht-0Hne4EU

I guess when I get back, I'll be going with PS4.

I've enjoyed Original Xbox, Xbox 360, PS1, PS2, PS3, but now seems its time to say good bye to Microsoft Xbox when PS4 comes out.

Still enjoying both PS3 and Xbox360 currently with family over here.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 08:05:39 am »

I hope PS4 is a stake through the heart of Microsoft's gaming systems and others (Steam) who have modeled the Must Be On-line paradigm.  I hope the other game makers are listening.

Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 08:16:13 am »

I will play whatever system gives the best integrated support for things like the oculus rift, the virtuix omni-directional treadmill, and other cool things.

This video shows the start of what these technologies are going to able to do.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZC2Tvhaz9n4#!
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:12:36 am »

I hope PS4 is a stake through the heart of Microsoft's gaming systems and others (Steam) who have modeled the Must Be On-line paradigm.  I hope the other game makers are listening.

Steam isn't nearly as bad as Microsoft's new online policy.

Steam sales alone make Steam > Microsoft

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 10:32:52 am »

How to Share Games on PS4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOosVWP--j0

Dark Sorcerer on PS4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeuHGESZBA

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 10:58:11 am »

Steam isn't nearly as bad as Microsoft's new online policy.

No doubt.  However, the on-line requirement in order to play a boxed single player game (Skyrim) I picked up at Walmart just irritates me to the core.  If I want to give it to the kids (adults with their own homes with their own PCs) to use... well the hoops we need to navigate make it a real pain.

We seem to be accepting of these new copyright protection steps.  Most likely because the only choice we have is to not purchase the game.  The way I see it... once I purchase your product it is mine to use as I see fit (See Books).  Using Steam to distribute the code piecemeal invalidates my ownership.  It becomes something more akin to rental and at market prices the rental cost is far too high.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 12:54:12 pm »

Yes putting out games requiring you to be online just to play the single player game / mode / etc is stupid annoying.
Then these companies that push those retarded requirements get all pist off then the users crack their dumb restrictions.
PS4 looks nice from the videos so far. Probably wont touch it until I accidentally throw my ps3 at the wall and need to replace it.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 03:44:14 pm »

Yes to PS4 No to Xbox, The main reason behind my bias is with the xbox it requires me to go online constantly and thats where the NSA like to watch like some creeper. All i need is some nerdy son of a bitch who works in the government finding out who i actually am after repeatedly stabbing him in the face on CoD and rubbing it in by calling him every name in the book. A  twitter feed of me sitting in my underwear while watching Baywatch is not a plus.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 04:08:50 pm »

I hope PS4 is a stake through the heart of Microsoft's gaming systems and others (Steam) who have modeled the Must Be On-line paradigm.  I hope the other game makers are listening.

as long as your games are fully updated you can go completely offline with steam from that point on period didnt know if you knew that.

Unless your playing some type of Multiplayer game.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:11:37 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 06:11:34 pm »

I think it requires the Kinect too so put a towel over it unless you want Uncle Sam to see you fapping while playing CoD.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 08:07:12 pm »

I think it requires the Kinect too so put a towel over it unless you want Uncle Sam to see you fapping while playing CoD.

LAWL!
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 08:09:07 pm »

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 08:11:49 pm »

twitch... wait ... nm

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 10:24:21 pm »

Maaaaannn you gave away my sekret

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 11:33:12 pm »

Some some really repulsive picture 2 inches in front of the cam for all the MS/GOv workers to view. Knowing them, they'd probably like it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053