Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:44:46 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bind Sight agro?  (Read 4707 times)
greenshag

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2010, 07:27:44 pm »

Not sure exactly where to post this so I put it here because I know it is definitely a ranger issue.

Bind Sight is causing agro. In the r-click spell lists it is red colored (flagged "detri") and when cast on a mob it does do what the spell says in that you can see through your target's eyes... but you are now watching yourself be attacked.

This spell should be completely non-agro even on resist (can it even resist? don't think either).

As a ranger it is used to scout through zones and "sight hop"; conning and scouting targets, etc.

Anyways, I know other classes get this spell too, Mage I think is one, and thought this was especially odd.

Is this a bug? Or is there a reason for this spell to be causing agro like this?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 08:38:06 pm »

I don't know about the other part but the sight hop you speak of was taken out way back in the velious days.

greenshag

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 05:23:58 am »

Sorry, but that is wrong, I can still do this on live. I started playing after Velious, and still play on live servers. I have always been able to cast bind sight, target a new mob, then cast bind sight again to scout and get targets. The most recent use I had for this was in the Tower of Discord; casting it on the wandering goat in the hallway between events 4 and 5 to let the runners know when he was at the other end of the room.

There are very few mobs in the game that will not let you bind your sight to them, some raid bosses come to mind. But it has never had any agro associated with it.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 05:04:46 am »

I used to do the same thing in ew, the I could not, read that it was taken out in the patch notes. That as the last I heard of it. If they ever re-implemented it I had no idea.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256