Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:11:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Question about DPS and best group in Plane of Dragon  (Read 7191 times)
Padme

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:15:52 am »

Hello all
I have a question about DPS in plane of dragon, actually here is the group:

Warrior dont have a good DPS, but need him to tank and aggro
Mage pet, better DPS than warrior, but low AC so might die fast
Ranger, really good DPS, (could be better with RoA lvl 100 maybe ?)
Druid, got a regen who rocks Wink
Cleric its hard to keep a group alive without him Wink

So i m thinking about adding a Monk in this groupe to add DPS, but monk without RoA 100 take a lot of damage :/

So what do you think its better ? Get a RoA lvl 100 on ranger to do more DPS with the Haste ??
Get the monk and do him a RoA lvl 100 ? this way he should take less damage and do a lot of DPS fast !
Or maybe another class ?

Whats your opinion ? Wink

And last question, this groupe Full T1 should be able to do T2 ? then T3 ?
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:34:27 am »

I would replace the druid with a dps class and just box him out of group at the zone in.  You can coh him back when you need a regen.

Monks are nice in t2 for splitting.
Spankrox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 08:48:26 am »

War
Cleric
Monk/Rogue/Ranger for last 4 spots.

Make a mage and park him in a safe spot in T2 and coth your druid and/or shaman in for buffs. They're usless in groups.
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:49:16 am »

The benefit to a ranger is you can face them in a general direction, and with 1 button press have them:

/assist 'Tank'
/autofire on

They become basically auto turrets.  I don't box, I only play a ranger, but from what I hear when boxing they are very low maintenance.  You don't have to move them, and you can often place them out of AE range so they might not take a lot of damage either.

Spankrox

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 08:15:23 pm »

Correct for the most part Qualin. Ranger will get hit by AE from T1 upwards though. Its no big deal.

Monks are the same. Just auto attack and leave. No real skills that make a huge difference.
Rogues are also the same, but if you could be bothered to click epic > BS it makes a difference with 40k BS every min.

Overall there isn't too much difference between the three though. Just pick what you prefer
OGFemme

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 09:56:40 pm »

Rogue Auto attack is half of what a monk puts out.
Our Bulk of DPS comes from Backstabbing (which is like a 4-5 second cycle) + clicking 3.0 every 15 seconds and disc daggerfall every 30.

While a Monk just needs to be left there and Auto attack.
Ranger just click epic every minute, make sure his atk/proc buffs are up and be left there to /autofire on.

By far monks require the least work, then rangers, then rogues.
but dps goes: rangers>monk>rogue if you leave them just to auto attack ;p

Padme

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 12:23:10 am »

Thanks for your answer Smiley
And how about healer ?
1 cleric is enough on T1, but for T2 ? T3 ? will need 2 cleric ? or Druid + Cleric will work ? (have 10k regen on druid ... Wink
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 11:43:27 am »

1 cleric is enough for T1 definitely, T2 im thinking as long as the cleric is full T1 it shouldn't be an issue (also with a beefy tank).
T3 i havent had the pleasure of doing just yet. However from what i hear T3 is pretty rough and requires multiple groups. As i said, im not 100% of T3 but its just what im hearing

Kaldar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 10:01:29 am »

On the question of how many clerics do you need to do t2... you definitely need 2 clerics. If you have a maxxed out warrior tanking and he has 140k+ hp you will get away with one cleric often times, but even then 2 is safer. When you have less than 100k hp it will be near impossible to do kronos, okeanos or even alfadir with just one cleric. 2 CLR spamming group heal totally rocks in t2.

After building up many different classes to use in t2, I have finally settled on this group arrangement as the best: War, clr, clr, brd, rng, rng. Bard plays stacking haste songs and replenishment, and doesnt bother with DS. He also melees for a minescule amt of DPS.

Many combinations are workable, but DPS classes depending on pets are still less functional due to pet dying from AE dots and DD.

Also consider law of diminishing returns on haste such as buff bot haste (sailk) or enc (3.0 vs ancient: melee), plus roa100, plus bard. Once I have salik on and bard playing haste songs I cant readily tell a difference from additional haste from roa100, enc haste, etc. If anyone has parses contradicting that, please tell me and I will experiment further but I think its hitting a cap someplace and I am not knowledgeable of exactly which hastes are hitting it at what levels.
Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 07:50:41 am »

I ran WAR / CLR / BRD / RNG / MNK / MNK
That was my personal 6box group in pod and it worked out great.
After my previous break I came back and had 55khp roa50 with 2 pieces t1 armor 1piece t2 armor on the warrior and 2 pieces t1 on the ranger.
Some T1 gave me a rough time at first but I basically destroyed the zone for 2 weeks and had almost every char in full T1.
When I started T2 I ran
WAR / CLR / BRD / RNG / MNK / PAL
because I didnt have a good 2nd cleric and the paladin 3.0 proc saved my ass. Couldnt take out Kronus at that time. Warrior was 73khp with roa61.

Now I dont play atm but my first list of classes could do all of T2, probally wipe to kronus 35percent of the time which is why I keep 2-3 mages parked around the zone to quickly recover.

Others could probally give better input.
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 08:16:51 am »

If you are "new" to PoD you will definitely want 2 3.0'd clerics in your group through t1 and t2. As you gain more gear through t1 the need for 2 clerics diminishes. However in t2 you are a MUST have 2 cleric situation. The AEs from the adds that spawn from the bosses as well as the pure damage output of bosses are more than what one cleric can handle. There are mobs in t2 that AE stun constantly, 1-4 t2 trash mobs can randomly spawn and from those adds a mini/chest/ornate can spawn. I have seen fights where there have been as many as 8 gold dragons with 2 minis up at the same time!

I run a warrior/monk/bard/cleric/cleric/magician.

Warrior for tank
Monk for DPS
Bard for utility (greatly improves DPS/heals/snares/DD/1400-DS)
Clerics for heals
Mage for malosini/COH for druid/shaman bots

I also keep a FD SK laying around incase Kronos spawns so he can offtank the adds (solo)

Padme

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 11:02:33 am »

Thanks for your advice  Grin
Look like T2 will be fun and Hard  Roll Eyes
Kronos is the harder one to get down right ? and he drop BP ?
Torique

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 01:15:08 pm »

I notice no one mentions wizards at all... are they not the DPS machines they were back in the day?  (Been out since Velious before EZ.)

Tacticulous

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 01:36:59 pm »

I notice no one mentions wizards at all... are they not the DPS machines they were back in the day?  (Been out since Velious before EZ.)

Too long in between casts and many partial/full resists unless you have a debuffer.

BUT, this is without 3.0 which I plan on getting my Wizzy soon. Things might change a little bit since I don't think MB is resistable (could be wrong), but even then it's only available once a minute.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 236