Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:48:04 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hunter: Brawler Focus Update  (Read 5197 times)
OGFemme

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2010, 02:44:14 pm »

Brawler Focus still needs to be edited to be better for DPS classes, and add to their DPS. Will do this in the spell file when I get time.

From your "Charm Updates" post on the Updates section of the Forums..

May I ask what it's going to be changed to? Because...

1) 125% Haste is trivial at Rank 75+
2) the +Atk on it does not add in because the +atk cap in worn is already met through armor.
3) Cleave 3 at Lvl 25 is pretty trivial because starting at LDoN there are items with Cleave 5 already. PoTimea Cleave 2. Qvic Cleave 6.

If you are taking suggestions, I have a few ideas that will make Brawlers appeal towards us DPS Class with never looking at other Charms:)

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 04:59:43 pm »

Brawler Focus still needs to be edited to be better for DPS classes, and add to their DPS. Will do this in the spell file when I get time.

From your "Charm Updates" post on the Updates section of the Forums..

May I ask what it's going to be changed to? Because...

1) 125% Haste is trivial at Rank 75+
2) the +Atk on it does not add in because the +atk cap in worn is already met through armor.
3) Cleave 3 at Lvl 25 is pretty trivial because starting at LDoN there are items with Cleave 5 already. PoTimea Cleave 2. Qvic Cleave 6.

If you are taking suggestions, I have a few ideas that will make Brawlers appeal towards us DPS Class with never looking at other Charms:)

I plan to add a focus or worn effect that increases melee damage, or similar. Brawlers definately need fix and update for DPS classes to use. I haven't forgotten.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
OGFemme

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 05:04:22 pm »

The Update done on Brawler's April 4th

It just got reverted back to what it used to be before it added Cleave 1-6..
A Broken Focus - It does not work. Yes, I downloaded the new spell file. >.>

OGFemme

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 07:49:12 pm »

Hunter,

Analyzing the Brawler's Charm focus, it might be fixed and actually work if it was changed to Worn and not be Focus Effect Smiley Cuz as a focus effect, DMG Mod don't work~

Even then, might need to confirm/test if Charm Slot Worn works :\ that, I do not know~
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 07:50:58 pm by OGFemme » Logged

Daggum

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 08:03:00 pm »

I spent some time playing with the brawlers for the first time today.

It seems to me that any perceived increase in dps from parses is due to the +50 accuracy and not the actual focus effect.

There is no increase in either bow or sword damage with vs without it (no change in max hit that is).  I assume (which is dangerous) that you intended this to work like the champion shammy spell where it increases hits by 10%.  My bow hits go from around 8500 to 9000 with this buff.  If this was the type of increase you could expect to see out of the brawlers focus I would be quite pleased.  However I do not know for sure if this is what you intended or not.

I sure hope so...

yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 11:51:57 pm »

useful: actual gamparse parses.
not useful: anecdotal evidence.

get with the program.
OGFemme

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 12:04:23 am »

Tweetybird,

You don't need parses when the spell file says it incriments your mod by 10/20/30/40/50 and it's not doing a damn thing with your melee right now.. well like I said,

Focus Effect = broken.
Worn = The Fix Smiley

I'll see if Camric puts up the 30 min parses he ran with and without B.Charm.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 01:12:10 am »

Cleave had chance to crit for most of the melee skills (1hand, 2hand, h2h, bs, bash, kick, etc).

Was replaced with increased damage % but didn't have the Cleave Focus effect of chance to crit.

I now merged the two spells into a new one. Brawler Focus I (Rank 1-10) starts with the Cleave VI effect (Chance to Crit 240%) and adds another 20% to that each 10 levels of Brawler. In addition to the copy / clone of Cleave VI, I've added the damage mod 10% per 10 levels to it as well. Should be a noticeable difference now, and first rank of Brawler starts with Cleave VI effect and gets better as you rank up.

Be sure to download the new spell file. New focus effective after todays 6am reboot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053