Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 12:15:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Thinking of starting another group, any suggestions welcome!  (Read 4865 times)
Warriorstack

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2016, 08:57:00 pm »

So I have my main 6 box at the moment:

Warrior
Pally
Cleric
Zerker
Zerker
Monk

I am trying to figure out what the best setup for the next group is.  Obviously I need a healer in that group, thinking shaman.  Other than that not sure.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 09:04:21 pm »

I would look towards something like: Paladin, Shaman, Enchanter, Druid, Rogue, Mage

That way you can have an effective group and take care of all your super buffs for later in the game

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 09:09:56 pm »

your group with 12 players should look like this;

1. war
2. pally
3. cleric
4. shaman
5. rogue
6. monk

7. chanter
8. mage
9. zerk
10. monk/rogue
11. druid
12. necro

The druid should be able to keep the second group up and this gives you TONS of dps end game....like..tons...

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 08:38:19 am »

So you have....

Warrior
Pally
Cleric
Zerker
Zerker
Monk

I'd run shaman, chanter, necro, rogue, druid and either a mage or a pure melee of your choice with that, or add a second pally to make sure the 2nd group survives later. Then I would be very careful how I set up groups. You want shammy with your UW classes for grudge (its a lot more likely to land in group without micromanaging). You want a zerk in both groups for their group buff disc.. So for me it'd be

Warrior
Pally
Cleric
Zerker
Shammy
Rogue (making rogue 2nd UW is IMO the smartest thing you can do while coming up in the ranks....best return early on)

Zerk
Chanter
Monk
Necro
Druid
2ndpally/other melee/mage

IMO thats the best all around 12, giving best support and solid DPS options in any scenario.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 12:13:19 pm »

GOd dman it chunka stop agreeing with me!

I want to change my answer now and say just go all beastlords...be fantastic!

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 12:18:44 pm »

I'm sticking with my answer $$

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 12:21:42 pm »

I have
War
Pal
Mag
Brd
Ench
Nec

Rog
Ber
Brd
Dru
Shm
Clr

Having the mage in the first group keeps me from needing the raid summon clicky because I just have a group summon on the war and rog (Mage can summon people out of group) and I have the clr in the second group so I don't need a 2nd pally. Bards are there to help with mana (although not as much as I would like), survivability, group melee procs, and the epic click also helps mage and ber single target dps. Plus bards do better with procs than monk/rog because of spell crit aas (they add more than the proc crit aas that rog/monk get).

I'm not going to tell you what to put in your second group, I just want to give you ideas so you can play however you want.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:24:15 pm by Brannyn » Logged
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 09:07:57 am »

One thing: if you roll a necro (and I highly encourage you to do so....right now they are my top non UW dps class) MAKE SURE you loot a chilled devil pet for them during Halloween. The secondary proc on cast works per tic from their dots with Death and Epidemic. Other than that..... Mistress of Fire pets for melee help dps a lot...if you can get em then Angryface on zerkers, or mage after (Angryface works only on magic damage, not elemental or poison/disease) and if you get stone or goblin pets that would otherwise rot, make sure every box has one or the other. They can come in handy when breaking into a new area (or in T10).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 04:51:01 pm »

So it looks like until I get more ram on my laptop I would be limited to 6.  Do you guys think I should roll with my first six or change it up a little?  Maybe drop one of the zerks?

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 04:55:48 pm »

That group will do, its a decent dps group. You wont have much for buffs or utility but you should be fine.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 06:35:41 pm »

Lower tiers the only char I'd replace one of the zerks with is a necro. Zerk dps rocks til way later.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 211