Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:22:36 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Settings Resetting  (Read 3110 times)
Ryndon

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2019, 10:18:37 am »

I know this topic has been talked about several times, but I still have yet to come up with a fix. I use the MQ2 autologin, and once everybody is finally up and running, a few random characters will have been singled out, and a few of their settings will have been reset (I presume to default). Settings include all custom key bindings, level of detail toggle, spell particles, combat music, sound levels, chat filters, target click shows help, and fast AA purchase. It's really annoying - when key bindings reset, I'll just relog the character and it will be fine. But for the others, I end up just changing them back manually.

I have heard several times that the last person to camp is the one where the settings get saved from, but I always camp out 11 of my 13 characters simultaneously, saving 1 from each of my two separate EQ folders and camping those two last. But I don't think that helps at all. Does anyone know a fix for this?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 10:55:29 am by Ryndon » Logged

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 01:29:40 pm »

The easiest solution would probably be to find a character with the appropriate settings correctly saved and save a copy of their settings file, like Dimurwar_EZ (Linux) x4 Exp.ini, and save a copy of it as something and set it to read-only.  Then when another character's settings get fucked up you can just open this file and copy-paste the contents back into the character ini file.  Otherwise, if you know the particular display settings you want it to run with, I could knock out a macro you can run to assign the settings from in game...whenever they got out of whack you could just /bca //mac reapplydisplaysettings and mq2 can do the dirty work.
Ryndon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 02:56:03 pm »

I tried sending you a PM with the text from my Gusher_EZ (Linux) 4 Exp.ini file, but I'm not sure if it sent. I'm not sure that's where all the settings from Alt+O are saved though, or is it? My dream solution would be to save the code for my correct Alt+O settings and do a macro like you said to reset everybody's settings to what they should be. I appreciate any help - just let me know what you need. Thanks!

zoltak

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 08:14:00 am »

Alt+O settings are saved in the "eqclient.ini" .
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 226