Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 04:52:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Eq emulator login  (Read 11470 times)
Grimthar

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2010, 05:46:51 pm »

Hello,

I was wondering if, anyone else is having trouble with the login? it also seems that eq emulator's website is down, is this just on my end, or are other people experiencing this problem aswell?

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 07:07:04 pm »

If you log in and there are no servers at all (just a black screen) quickly log out and back in. Sometimes it takes me several times to log in and see all servers. sometimes it takes me no extra attempts.

xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 01:33:09 pm »

I have same problem.

I put login/password and nothing happen (no server list nothing, just back screen) and after 10 or 15 sec i got error - A timeout occured.

I think there is some problem with eqemu (lag or other DDOS attack)
nerff

he shoots, he scores!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 02:12:48 pm »

Yeah their site is down and you get an  "Error - A timeout occured " message when attempting to log in.

What is the deal with the P99 stuff I been hearing about? Like why are so many people from that server coming here? Seems like its lagging the EZ Server to shit.

Kaalan Deann - 70 Barbarian Warrior - GL of <Nether>
Dacuk Dachef - 70 Troll Shaman
Catriona Ciannait - 70 Drakkin Cleric
Nerrf Herrder - 70 Drakkin Ranger
Snozberry Shortcake - 70 Halfling Druid
Gabbo Gabba Hey- 70 Gnome Mage
Ceol - 70 Half-Elf Bard
OGFemme

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 02:17:31 pm »

some people on p99 and tz/vz use exploits to advantage themselves above others via dupe, corrupt gm's, etc. when they get caught and banned they resort to DDoS'ing the server. In turn, the host shuts them down. We all suffer since it seems login is tied to P99.

P99/Rogean can't do a thing (legal wise) , even though DDoS is considered a federal offense, because there aren't losses over 10k USD due to these attacks on EQEmu.

in few words: someone is nerd raging cuz they can't haxxx/dupe/etc

Damonic Illuminati

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 02:19:37 pm »

Yeah

Same thing happening to me.

I would give it a couple hours, I am guessing people are aware and working to bring it back up.

Damonic Illuminati ~ 3.0 Necromancer
Shizzle Illuminati ~ 3.0 Druid
Spleef Illuminati ~ 2.5 Mage
Iool Illuminati ~ RoA Warrior

Mist Soulkeepers ~ Officer
nerff

he shoots, he scores!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 02:30:03 pm »

Wow... that's really lame... these people need to get a life, seriously.

Kaalan Deann - 70 Barbarian Warrior - GL of <Nether>
Dacuk Dachef - 70 Troll Shaman
Catriona Ciannait - 70 Drakkin Cleric
Nerrf Herrder - 70 Drakkin Ranger
Snozberry Shortcake - 70 Halfling Druid
Gabbo Gabba Hey- 70 Gnome Mage
Ceol - 70 Half-Elf Bard
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 02:53:56 pm »

I wonder if it is related to the P99 DDoS attacks or not. Currently it's just speculation. What sucks is I was ingame and my client crashed now I can't get back D:
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 02:55:22 pm »

Actually the project 1999 website is down now as well. It would seem they may be related.
Ravnican127

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 02:59:32 pm »

I have a great plan since they can't give his info to the authorities because its not a federal offense unless 10k USD in damages result. (which is a huge number to reach on anything but a massive DDoS) Just post on all the server homepages all his info they have tracked down and watch how fast it stops. I'm sure there are plenty of computer savvy people like who would love a shot at whoever is ruining their free time   Grin
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 03:09:59 pm »

Are EQEmu servers running Linux or Windows? There are some countermeasures they can put in place, but someone utilizing a botnet for a DDoS is hard to stop.
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 03:17:08 pm »

Linux afaik.

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 03:54:48 pm »

I have a great plan since they can't give his info to the authorities because its not a federal offense unless 10k USD in damages result. (which is a huge number to reach on anything but a massive DDoS) Just post on all the server homepages all his info they have tracked down and watch how fast it stops. I'm sure there are plenty of computer savvy people like who would love a shot at whoever is ruining their free time   Grin

post his info on 4Chan Tongue

Blood of the Akkadian
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 04:06:50 pm »

post his info on 4Chan Tongue

Agree
Hethan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 04:25:10 pm »

I play on the P99 server or did till this lame DDOS promblem child came along and can't have his cake and eat it too.  Sorry ya'll gotta feel da pain P99 is dealing with now it sucks we've been down for a while now.  I'm sure this lamer will get bored soon enough and we can move on w/o him in our lifes.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 232