Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 08:20:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Attn: Hunter - Anguish issues  (Read 17303 times)
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 09:50:57 pm »

Some nice ideas. Hopefully if we can re-write the instance code things would be more stable? Again, Akkadius is the one that wrote the current code and is the current expert, but I'd be open to new ideas too, or see if he has any updates since.

I'll try to see what I can do on the weekend. Middle of the week very busy with work.

Hunter

Thank you Hunter for all your hard work!  It must seem like it's never ending on your end some days Smiley

Any thoughts on allowing FD to work in Anguish and the extention on the instances duration?

Strix

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 10:10:59 pm »

Perhaps it's less to do with an instance problem and more to do with that goofy group bug.  The same zones I've had issues with instancing also go hand in hand with the problem where my boxes can zone in (even in pub) and not even see each other.  A who list clearly shows them in the zone, but on occasion one or more group members will not be visible or even target'able... yet if I switch to that member, I am in that zone.  When that happens, I have to camp the affected members and reinvite.  I've never had this problem anywhere else other than the aforementioned zones.

And not being open to the zones themselves at least influencing this isn't going to help the problem.  The common denominator is staring us right in the face, and I am very well aware of red herrings (my very livelihood has been based on process of elimination for over 30 years).  There is something unique about these zones that does influence the problem... something maybe even crazy-sounding like the use of parentheses in mobs' names (which is a ludicrous suggestion, but I'm trying to think of things that are unique).

That's why I am trying to eliminate the easy targets first. As far as I have seen with any type of computer/coding related issue, it's usually the most obvious solution. I can double check to see if there is something special that I have not seen before. The problem children are: TACVI, chambersa, chambersb, and Anguish (correct?).

Some nice ideas. Hopefully if we can re-write the instance code things would be more stable? Again, Akkadius is the one that wrote the current code and is the current expert, but I'd be open to new ideas too, or see if he has any updates since.

I'll try to see what I can do on the weekend. Middle of the week very busy with work.

Hunter

His latest/greatest creation is the SendToInstance tool. However, to fully change that over it would require some hefty recoding. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a time consuming one. Thanks for considering it btw.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 06:46:40 am »

not going to add much but at the moment with instances costing 500k and public being empty i think i will take a break from T6. Going to optimize toons with ROA UC scepter of time until instances stay are go a bit down in price.

BTW group instance in T6 is not really interesting as some bosses can't be handled with 1 group (atm)

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 08:18:44 pm »

as some bosses can't be handled with 1 group (atm)

hmm only OMM... really the rest you can single grp them... as for starting in the back... bp mob pulls other bosses just as OMM does.. run the gauntlet
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:40:55 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 02:01:42 am »

hmm only OMM... really the rest you can single grp them... as for starting in the back... bp mob pulls other bosses just as OMM does.. run the gauntlet

Good point Fugitive.  Teleporter will solve nothing.

It's the 8 hours it takes to run the Gauntlet within a 24 hour respawn time that's more the issue.  A casual player playing 3 to 4 hours a night after work hits brick walls getting to the back end of that zone.  We're hitting the zone with 30+ and still can't do a complete clear in under 8 hours.   

As Brokyn suggests in his original post, a 72 hour cycle for both instances and respawn of the zone addresses this issue.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 04:44:07 am »

Is the 72 hour respawn on a good cycle yet?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 07:31:45 am »

It doesn't seem that way when I was in yesterday Hunter

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 08:01:58 am »

I emptied the respawn time table so it should be working right now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Severs

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 12:02:49 am »

OMM been grouped too, took several hours to do it but anything in game can be killed with one group given you have the time and gear.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 06:02:29 am »

That is the final boss in the game, so he should be hard. Just imagine later when people have more aug slots, and higher tier augs to put into them  Cheesy

Hunter - EZ Server GM
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 06:34:54 pm »

That is the final boss in the game, so he should be hard. Just imagine later when people have more aug slots, and higher tier augs to put into them  Cheesy

Won't that mean just mobs that hit harder and have 100 million more hp?  How is that increasing difficulty?  To me it just seems like the further you go in the end game the mobs just hit harder, have more hp and take 2 hours longer to kill. 

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 08:04:44 pm »

Won't that mean just mobs that hit harder and have 100 million more hp?  How is that increasing difficulty?  To me it just seems like the further you go in the end game the mobs just hit harder, have more hp and take 2 hours longer to kill. 

Only the final boss takes awhile.. and its about 30~mins to kill with a decent sized group.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 09:01:06 pm »

The final boss should always be the hardest to kill. Its not my intention to make them 2 hours to kill.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053