Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:04:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: What do ~YOU~ want to see in EZ?  (Read 74786 times)
Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2014, 10:17:47 pm »

I've been playing on and off, for about 4 years.
Initially started and got to right where i was ready to do MCP, I had my UC all ready to go and decided to take a break to go back to other games/rl.
When i returned i was happy to find the wall of content had been slightly shifted up to t5, with the .5 epic steps introducted, DT removed from MCP ect, I had a blast starting to get my group up to date, i did avoid getting aug stuff in favor of begining the grind for UWs, ending up finishing uw2, and 100 dmajors and 50dminors before another break time, but that also brought me about halfway through t5.
recently returned and i've found the below list (exluding stuff t6+ since i'm not there yet) to be basically exaclty the answers to why I was 'burning out' each time.
Back many years ago I did do cutting edge EQ progression, the 30+ hour camps for each piece of VT key, or original epics, ect.
And I do think a lot of the grinds on EZ have a great concept behind them, but I personally know that my burnout would be reduced with reduction on the gear walls to see newer content.
I know charms drop much more from many more places, resists too, but I do feel like the entrance "fee" of time here so to speak should be pushed up some. A lot of people here talked about how t5 is the "gut check" and that they were happy it was causing people to burn out and quit, but what benefit is there to encourage that feeling?

some people at the top talking about how they're bored there so it's a good thing other people burn out earlier so they don't have to feel the pain of being bored at the end game, I don't understand this mentality.

If you're at the top and bored you always have the option to go back and create challenges for yourself (start a new group, limit yourself by not using zerkers or something)
Why campaign against lowering the bar for entrance into content though, the more people in each tier the better the feedback can be.

The people on the highest end will always be able to remain on the cutting edge if they want to, other people progressing at a faster pace than you did years ago does not diminish you.

Posted this from work sorry it's not clearly formatted and intelligent.

TL;DR I think hulk's suggestions would be pretty much all really great for increasing player base/retention.

Since Hulk can't follow basic directions/requests from a GM, I'll help him along

Recently I had the pleasure of leveling another set of characters through all the tiers except t9 and wanted to provide some suggestions as to how the experience could be made potentially more enjoyable for future and current players. Addressing these issues could reduce player burn out/frustration and further increase the population of the server. Most of these changes are not making the game easier, rather they're addressing the issue of time investment vs. reward. This game has never been hard, just time consuming.

New ideas:
1.) Add crystal quests to progression zones
2.) Allow more classes to throw down ae damage similar to zerks
3.) Make paladins and Sks beefy enough to tank
4.) Reduce hp of mobs in Velks lab
5.) Add a quest that rewards an arch type beneficial item that may be upgraded in each zone from 1-70.
6.) Make lower level charm upgrades stackable.
7.) Make resist Augs stackable by rank
8.) Remvoe aug combine recipes from t1 and add in augs to treasure chests.
9.) Implement XP mask earlier in the game and allow players to upgrade via quests as they level. (E.g. rank 1-10 = 2 rare drops from first zone / set amount of aa)

Waypoints:
Add NPC that sells waypoint item and explains how to use it.
Reduce cost of instance creation/reset.

Tserrina tank pet buff item:
Remove this item from tserrina's loot table and make it a quest item for T1 pet classes.

Crystal quest:
Implement some kind of one time quest that rewards newly leveled characters with 200-500 or so aa.

SoT quest:
Make the reward yield a rank 3 or 4 scepter instead of rank 1 and make rank 1s rare drop off lower tier bosses. Rare drop scepters could increase in rank as players go up in tier maybe 1 rank per tier like resistance stones.
Add more ranks past rank 10 attainable via higher level quests.

Qvic:
add armor exchange vendor like in T1
Change rare boss to spawn after x amount of bosses killed.

LDON:
significantly increase drop rate of all cards since ldon armor is under used.
reduce the amount of cards needed per armor piece

CT:
add armor exchange vendor like in T1

T1:
increase drop rate of essences to 20%
Change ancient dragon spawn to spawn after x amount of bosses killed

T2:

T3:

T4:
Add armor exchange vendor

T5:
increase spawn chance of triggered mobs

T6:
add Jelvan's keepsake to list of chests that may be opened with /open

T7:
Increase respawn time of zone to >8hours

T8:
Increase drop rate of scales for UCv3/add rare spawn chests containing scales
add armor exchange vendor
Increase drop rate of essences on bosses

zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2014, 10:26:57 pm »

I am on a tablet so in summary, I concur with the above
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2014, 09:45:10 am »

Again, as I stated on another thread: remove too much of the time sink and the game goes away. Tons of MMO wannabes found this out the hard way in the last decade, all trying to be the next Warcrap (read: next soulless, empty, meaningless MMO designed to fulfill the e-peen wishes of bored console gamers while raking in as much cash as possible without doing anything positive for the genre or the state of the art).

If I want a easy mode gearfest, there are tons of those games already out there. Say what you want about Hunter, but one thing he really seemed to understand is that <whispers> if you build it easy, they will come.....for about a month before they get bored and go elsewhere.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2014, 09:58:12 am »

i did avoid getting aug stuff in favor of begining the grind for UWs

And that one statement explains a lot of the problems some players face. Do this and you set yourself up to fail. Strike augs arent optional. UW's are. Flat out, if you have melee and dont aug them you may as well not bother (exception possibly being zerker). You may as well drop em and roll wizzies. But even then you'll be getting UC and mana necks. I've run across quite a few players who ignore strike augs and/or UC and then wonder why the content is so hard to get past.

As for being a "top player".....ahhh, no. Sorry. Ask around, big players will tell you how gimp I am. I spend way too much time in game and afk (work a job and own a small business, as well as dealing with family), and when I am in I do a lot of stuff like helping guildies, answering questions, writing the guide/wiki, etc. It took me months to get past T5.

Of course it went a lot faster once I actually stopped to listen to what the "trick" is to getting T5 named to spawn rapidly (I'll give you a hint: it requires you knowing what triggers what boss chains, and it costs 100 EZ credits and you can reuse every 10 minutes).

None of us want to see players quit and leave the game in frustration because T5 is such a bitch. The "gut check" is supposed to be educational. Its supposed to drive home some very important conclusions about EZ, as far as what you need to do to be able to tackle content rapidly. The "gut check" is supposed to drill home just how important strike augs are...and UC's. And SOA. And a good group makeup, and not only having all the spells for your classes, but knowing how to use the spells in a way with your box team that will get every last bit of benefit from the abilities.

Thats the gut check. Thats why we need to keep T5 ....well, yeah, a bitch.

Now....that being said, I still stand by earlier statements that there needs to be a "check on the gut check", if you will....a way to spend time and resource to spawn named that for some reason just will not pop with RNG. Spending 3 or 4 weeks trying to get a handful of bosses to spawn, even using all the tricks....yeah, that'll piss you off. But any such shortcut needs to be expensive in terms of game resources and time, too, or there's no point to it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:10:16 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2014, 08:53:17 pm »

Attention!

This thread has now been locked and is considered "closed" for now. Akkadius, Loveborne, and I will review thesse and see what kinds of insanity we can produce for you ladies, gents, and trolls.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988