Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 09:18:18 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tacvi Guide  (Read 20087 times)
Flinger

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:30:22 am »

Could someone give a brief rundown on Tacvi? I zoned in last night to an empty zone. I ran to the first boss which I believe was boss 5 and started wailing on her and was quickly raped by either adds or other bosses. I can handle Qvic bosses pretty easily, just wondering how to tackle the zone.

What is the difficulty compared to Qvic bosses? Damage and HP wise?

Do the bosses have adds?

Do specific bosses drop specific slots?

What is needed for tacvi armor?

Is there an order you have to do the bosses in?

Therous

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:45:34 am »

don't believe i could sum tacvi up with a guide, i'm sure someone will be able to but, hunt for Therous in-game and i'll show you the basics of tacvi if you'd like a run through it.
Naki

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 12:03:59 pm »

Here's a quick guide.  I don't have any numbers on damage/hp vs qvic, but I'd say if you can do qvic you can do tacvi...

I don't know the boss names, because they're long and weird and I refuse to commit them to memory.

Boss 1 - Will respawn at least once after dying.
Boss 2 - Spawns several small adds throughout the fight.  Adds have very little hp, though.
Boss 3 - Dispells.  Expect to have little to no buffs left after fighting this boss.
Boss 4 - Has a pet, can one shot the pet, don't know if there's anything else special about this boss.  Sometimes goes invulnerable at 1-2% left, I think.
Boss 5 - Nothing special about this one, as far as I can see. Sometimes also goes invulnerable at 1-2% hp, can't remember for sure.
Boss 6 - Also has a pet but the pet dies fast. I think I've had this boss go invulnerable before, too.
Boss 7 - Nothing too special here, either.
Boss 8 - Spawns adds throughout the fight, usually 2-3 at a time I think. If you don't have a lot of hp this one might suprise you, he seems to hit harder than the others.

Attacking a higher numbered boss will cause all lower numbered bosses to aggro, unless they are already dead.  So attacking boss 5 will aggro 4, 3, 2 and 1 also.

For tacvi armor the only requirement is the tacvi mold and qvic armor piece.  Hand to the armor reward npc at entrance for your armor piece.

I never really paid attention to which bosses drop which items, but I think I've only ever gotten bracers from boss 1, and boss 8 drops ~4 armor items at a time.

Anything else I might have missed?

Edit: Respawn time is 1 hour.  The message when you zone in says 2 hours, but that's not correct any more.

Naki
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 12:18:04 pm by bakash » Logged
Flinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 12:42:47 pm »

Awesome! Thanks alot! Based on your map, it looks like the first boss was down and I ran to the left instead of the right, which took me to boss 5, which meant I got jumped by bosses 2, 3, and 4.
Demin
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 12:48:46 pm »

Kind of a minor/major point, but Boss 3 does a FRONTAL dispel.  If you stand behind him, you will be ok.  So, put the tank in front and have the others behind.  Only the tank will lose buffs.  He periodically dispels throughout the fight, and that includes bard songs.
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:52:48 pm »

Flinger I did the same thing, usually if a boss is down there is someone clearing the zone already and your taking their camp.

First few times I zoned in and missed the Yellow text that states lower level boss's will help the higher ones.

Only thing to add is if you zone in and someone is already killing or killed boss 1 then set your timer and come back in an hour or make a guild instance and have at it. You can also get Aug version III's in here as well.

Loot rules apply don't run in and start looting with out asking the person(s) who is clearing the zone.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 02:25:24 pm »

One thing that I didn't notice right away is that the bosses aren't initially KOS, so you can position however you like without worrying about aggroing them early.
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 03:13:54 pm »

However boss two for example, if you engage then die the adds will be up.  Sometimes when you turn the corner they will attack you before you even know it.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 12:49:05 am »

Don't forget the most awesome part of Tacvi:

Adds that spawn during fights randomly aggro *anyone* in the zone, so be careful afking in public Tacvi... If someone is fighting boss 8, the adds that spawn will go apespit and randomly go after the poor shmuck looting the rotting leather arms on boss two, or the afk shaman box that just ported into the zone by the waypoint, etc. There is zero rhyme or reason.

Obviously, if the group killing the bosses has a Warrior with Anger V augs proc'n, this will not be a problem.. But how many warriors geared out are honestly killing tacvi? Not a high %... And if they are, 9 out of 10 are spending 10k on the guild instance.

Side note: Master of Weaponry has the same "randomly aggroing adds" thing going on. So if you are mindlessly sitting in the zone as someone else is engaging MOW in public, be ready to fight adds, cuz adds don't spawn directly out of the Master of Weaponry, they often come from the sides of the room (read:  out of the warrior/Pally's AE range). So be prepared to fight to the death if you're sitting at zone in if someone else is fighting MOW, too.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww