Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:32:03 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The lazyman's walkthrough and reference v1.0  (Read 19079 times)
Ponzi

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2010, 12:13:44 am »

Bored at work, so if you're new to the server, here's the complete reference to *the stuff you need to do, the basic order you need to do it*

Level 1: Go to newbie vendor, buy book of complete healing, a magic box, a couple backpacks, other freebie stuff.

hail the gnome by the epic vendors in surefall glade. Follow the dialogue to get flagged for the quest.. Teleport to the field of bone, kill 5 giant skeletons to get rewarded with a bag of platinum (vendor $$).

Kill the Giant Scorpions in the pit until you find the gnome's gun. Give the gnome the gun to get the pre-nerf Circlet of Shadows. Not only does it invis you, you can click it on and *then* hail the buff bot to make sure the buffs you get from buff bot last their entire duration.

Level 10-20: Use "Find" to get the level 10-30 quest npc, he's a pain to find by normal means. Hail him, he'll whine about crocs in oasis, and you port to Oasis to begin this leg of your journey. Either kill the crocs to complete the quest obligations or (and much more beneficial) hang out by orc highway and slaughter orcs in order to accumulate your class specific armor.

Level 20-40: Head to mistmoore. Kill things, loot gems, jewelry, and your class specific armor.. Can get a quest to kill gargoyles in Surefall, but most of the gargs (besides the 2 at the zone in) are way too far in for your level.

Level 35-60: Hail Quest npc in surefall (using find) to get quest flag.. Head to dulak.. kill mobs to gain class armor, kill ship builders to fulfill quest obligations... team up with other ppl in zone to take down boss mobs (much better gear).

Level 47-70: Plane of Fear is great. Stock up on gems, get some levels. If you can team up with a couple other people, target Dread, Terror, and Fright, for they can drop augments which are very handy at your stage of character development.. Be careful and use the /con system, not all spiders and gorillas and such are created equally.. some hit in the 220s and *hurt*.

Velketor is another good zone in the level range.. Can get a quest in surefall to kill 20 kobolds in exchange for a bag of platinum (vendor $$).  Spiders (rarely) drop a Silver Chitin Fist Wraps, which (while lore) can be sold to other players (or banked for your eventual Fighters Guild quest). Velks is really light on loot if you don't levitate over to the castle. If you do choose to chase kobolds, use the buddy system.. The named kobolds rape solo toons of appropriate level.

Level 60: Bastion of Thunder. HAIL the npc in surefall, get the quest to kill elementals, it's fantastic money for your level. BoT finally drops armor upgrades to boost you from your mistmoore armor. You will enjoy this place.

Level 70: Grats, get back into BOT to finish your armor. You now need to multi-task.. Your new checklist is this:

Grind AAs: lots of them.. if melee you'll want +hp, avoidance, mitigation, double attack, etc... basically in that order.

Make Cash: Kill the castle in Velks, mobs in plane of fear, city of mist, ldon, etc.... Do Bothunder elementals quest for bags of platinum over and over.. Camp fighter and caster guild items.. Kill ldon mobs (level 2-6) praying for a charm drop to sell in /ooc. Kill wisps for hours on end.. Anything.. be creative.. make that money ho!

Start epic 1.5 - You need to get some help to kill Terroantula in Sro, or Quillmane in SK to get your epic 1.5 book. And then you'll need to hit Plane of Time to gather all 10 pages from the 10 bosses. Time drops armor upgrades from BOT. Mobs here hurt, your days of soloing are officially over for the time being.

Start your FG/CG Quest: Check the guide on here for the checklist, but outside of nag/vox, and Kings cards, the rest you can acquire on your own. You may want to acquire excess items to sell to other players to start building your personal fortune. A nice bonus for completing FG: you get a res clicky, and can train your combat type skills to 400 by hailing an npc in the fighter guild. If you went CG: you get a nice pet clicky, and access to the most confusing zone on the server.

QVIC: save up 100-150k to pay someone to run QVIC for you. Of all the "runs" you can buy on this server, jesus, i can't state it enough. BUY QVIC. Get your 15 tokens (flag for 3.0 epic fight + Plane of Dragons) and as much armor as you can, the armor here is huge in helping your survivability and is needed for the combos to make Tacvi/T1+ armor.  BUY QVIC. BUY QVIC x1000.

Start your epic 2.0: Ldon. Mobs here are painful, but in a group you can start gathering your pages without too much trouble. Turn the cards you find into POINTS, not armor..You'll be getting real armor from QVIC soon enough.. points and charm upgrades are too valuable to burn points on armor you'll replace that's marginally better than Time armor to begin with.

Alternatively, you need to kill Master of Weaponry to get your epic 2.0 book, and this can be accomplished simply by saying in /ooc "Can someone help me kill master of weaponry?" and watching a bored warrior with 4.0s zone into chambersb and obliterating the mob, ressing you afterwards, and potentially even corpse locking the corpse until 3 minutes have passed to make sure you can loot it. Smiley

=======================================

Once you got all that covered, it's back to linear progression:

Epic 2.5: once done with your epics 1.5 and 2.0 and FG you get to take part in probably the most aggravating thing you'll encounter on the server till airplane: The Hushed Bankquet. If you haven't downloaded MQ2 by now, please do, it's key to dodging the stupid beholders. The ratio, for those who know, of barrels you kill in order to obtain a key is roughly 2,387-1. And the ratio of keys given to locked chests until you get a 2.5 book is about 57-1. Bring a snickers bar. About the only thing the masses can agree on regarding the bankquet is: the chests deeper into the zone seem to cough up books a bit more often.

Probably the best way to handle the bankquet is to park your toon in a room with 4 barrels and kill them every 5 min while you load in a second box to do *anything* else with so you dont go insane.

Epic 3.0 : Once you have your 15 qvic tokens, can kill twinkletoes. A solid group can take him down, or one bored uber warrior/paladin/sk type. Simple tank n spank, no adds. Loot book. get 3.0. Do the truffle shuffle.

Tacvi: once 3.0 flagged (qvic tokens) look in /ooc for tacvi loot rotting. Sure, you could form your own group and kill stuff, but it's far easier this way. If you are a leather/cloth or chain class, you very well might be able to score all your qvic gear and tacvi gear without ever killing a mob by just joining groups for rots.

Plane of Dragons+: Join a guild. kill things. Your time as a solo toon grinding your way to uberdom is over. You now offically need help. Alternatively, you can now use your 3.0 Tacvi-geared toon to help grind up your own box army.

Important note from Plane of Dragons: The ring that is free on the vendor (bought to port there, as a clicky), has 1500 hps and some really nice stats that (unless you've been RoA'n, and you havent) blows away anything you currently have for a ring slot. Buy the Ring of Dragons and *equip it*.

There it is..the rough draft.. I wish i had something so simple, linear and laid out like that to guide me when i started.

Please read Danyelle's guide, it's 100x better than this for content, this is meant as a quick reference.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 12:16:46 am by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Kreemo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 07:07:55 am »

Awesome work Ponzi.

That would help any newcomer to the server immensly!

Could you or anyone add a little bit of info on 3.5 and 4.0 too?

Krusha

Kreemo - monk
Krusha - warrior
Grimshaw - pally
Vern - cleric
Demin
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 07:52:39 am »

Go to Halls of Honor (Plane of Gods) and kill Avatars to get pages 1-10. Kill Shadow for the book.

Go to Plane of Air,use a purple stone to spawn the MCP. Kill it for completed 4.0 book.
Purple stone is made by combining 64 red stones, which drop from HoH Avatars and Shadow.
Kreemo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 08:04:20 am »

Thanks Demin

Kreemo - monk
Krusha - warrior
Grimshaw - pally
Vern - cleric
Openwounds

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 09:29:14 pm »

Nice easy to read guide.  Only thing I disagree with is grinding AA.  Should just say the AA come as you get your epic 1.5+.  Once you get 4.0 you will have about 5k over what you need anyways.

..Kroggia..
Aname
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 02:30:34 am »

Very nice post.  Thanks!
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 05:13:26 am »

Nice easy to read guide.  Only thing I disagree with is grinding AA.  Should just say the AA come as you get your epic 1.5+.  Once you get 4.0 you will have about 5k over what you need anyways.

It's putting a carrot in front of the turle, really: No one really wants to grind money.... but if you think you are AAing, getting gems, and camping your FG items, it makes Seb camps and velks (etc) seem that much more bearable..

BOT- for example, you are gaining plat from the SFG quest, AAs from the kills, armor from the drops, and (most importantly) duoing with random ppl and making some friends.

Friends = key to the server, i think we all can agree.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
mcchris

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 03:16:26 pm »

Friends = key to the server, i think we all can agree.

If i were to add anything, it would be to say, once you have an established toon with 3.0, qvic and maybe some charms, an easy way to make friends and influence people is by giving back. i know that a lot of people helped me along the way, and i try to help out others in return!
WarDave

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 10:02:52 pm »

Also hunter said he put the Lev restriction for Velks back on so no more lev  Smiley
Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 09:47:40 am »

Only thing I've been doing differently and its because I have friends (key to server) or a higher level bot:

Order of progression once hit 70:
1. Epic 1.5 (PoTime)
2. Epic 2.0 (LDoN run)
3. FG/CG - easy soloable camps or duo with a friend
4. Epic 2.5
5. Qvic / Tacvi / PoD / HoH / T3 / T4

In this manner, your toon isn't as squishy in Qvic and may survive a little aggro.

Thats as high as I've gotten at this moment building up an army now.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 02:40:02 pm »

Glad people still find this useful Smiley

Yeah, there's little question that once you hit 70 as much time in POTimeA and LDON as possible is helpful in suriving Qvic.

Qvic really is the breaking point on EZ server, it's the zone where new people learn immediately "EZ stands for Extended Zones, dummy!" and scramble back to character select to start getting a box army together. Such a brutal jump for mob difficulty hehe.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 04:49:08 pm »

Yeah, there's little question that once you hit 70 as much time in POTimeA and LDON as possible is helpful in suriving Qvic.

Qvic really is the breaking point on EZ server, it's the zone where new people learn immediately "EZ stands for Extended Zones, dummy!" and scramble back to character select to start getting a box army together. Such a brutal jump for mob difficulty hehe.

most people try to jump the ldon armor.. I know people consider it a waste I still have mine banked.. it helped in qvic I didn't have the option to power through qvic =/ slow breakin with Flopping monks..

But on the other hand I see why people jump the ldon armor... what 4 cards to get a slot.. it's really not that bad...

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 04:57:42 pm »

most people try to jump the ldon armor.. I know people consider it a waste I still have mine banked.. it helped in qvic I didn't have the option to power through qvic =/ slow breakin with Flopping monks..

But on the other hand I see why people jump the ldon armor... what 4 cards to get a slot.. it's really not that bad...

I to had a full set of Ldon gear on most of my toons

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053