Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:26:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Custom Spell File  (Read 10935 times)
DarkBlazeX

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2011, 03:29:22 pm »

Hello all,
I moved my Spells_US.txt file into a backup folder and downloaded the custom spell file. Next I extracted it into my EQ directory. I started up my game and the spells levels are correct but the icons are way off. I played on p99 server if that makes a difference. If anyone can help that'd be great!

Thanks!
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 03:37:08 pm »

What i suggest is, put spells.txt. back where you found it, and extract EZ's 3 custom server files to your main EQ directory. should work fine after. also note alot of our spells are now custom, and icons might not be what you expect. GL! and hope that helps.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 03:51:46 pm »

the uichangesv2 files you used when you played on p99 changed the default spell icons.
It rewrote spells01.tga, spells02.tga, etc all the way through spells07.tga. Those are the files you need to replace with default files in order to get proper icons.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 03:54:19 pm by funkinmofo » Logged

DarkBlazeX

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 04:01:58 pm »

What is the EZ's 3 custom server files?
Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 04:17:14 pm »

<-- Over there. Under EZ Downloads.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
DarkBlazeX

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 06:09:31 pm »

Im doing a fresh game install because I did mess around with UI files and such when I was on p99... Why isn't there a step by step to get you up and running for EZ server like for p99? Can't find one atm. Can anyone help me?
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 06:15:27 pm »

You don't need anything other than a default install and the custom spellfile..
until you get to Plane of Dragons and Plane of Gods. Then you need to grab those custom files too. All 3 files can be downloaded from the forums or the main page.

trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 06:18:12 pm »

its pretty easy, install eq, unzip the 3 custom server files into the main eq directory. aside from that.... just the basics... i pulled this from the main site for you.

Next modify your EQHost file to this....
Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Seeds of Destruction/Underfoot:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5999

Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
Now, you will need to create a shortcut to launch EverQuest and bypass the EQLive patcher (if this step is not taken, you will launch the patcher and overwrite the EQHost.txt file that you just modified, making you connect to the global EQLive Login Server). To do this, go into your EverQuest directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE file. Right-click on the file and select "Create Shortcut." You can rename this shortcut and drag it anywhere you'd like (most people like to put it on their desktop). Now, right-click that shortcut and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the eqgame.exe file. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable when the shortcut is launched. At the end of the text box (after any parenthases), add "patchme" (no quotes). Your target box should look similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Or if you do not have spaces in the path, it will look like this without quotes:

C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe patchme

and thats it. hope that helps.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
DarkBlazeX

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 07:25:34 pm »

Got it thanks all!!  Smiley
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 08:05:35 pm »

Is there a way to use the old style spell icons with EZ Server?
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 08:11:38 pm »

Yes, you can replace the graphics that are used for the spell gems and the icons in the spell book.

Not sure where you'd get them though.  You might find something on eqinterface or the p1999 forums.  Make sure you keep a backup in case you break something.
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 09:03:03 am »

I do not have the first issue spell gems, but I do have the Luclin/PoP ones.  I uploaded them to EQInterface a few years ago, here is my link:

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=5003
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 08:09:17 pm »

I tried the ones from project1999 but I didn't get the right icons with the right spells. They were the old style icons, though. Let me know if anyone has a custom replacement for the icons.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 292