Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:03:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: spell effects unknown db string  (Read 10741 times)
nulland
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 10:33:11 am »

If you are using Underfoot and haven't followed these instructions: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=UFMissingFilesList you should, especially the part about replacing dbstr_us.txt, because the original file is way broken and can cause these issues.

Thanks for that tidbit, and thanks to the original poster.  Since merging the UF client on top of Titanium, I've had very few problems other than this one.  I thought I had done a fairly thorough job of mopping up but failed to address this one specific file.  The only problem I have left now is sometimes links are concatenated, but I've since learned that happens when someone creates them from a differing client (not sure anything can be done, but I'm too appreciative that this all works to really care).

Edit:  I had a few different versions of this file.  The one that ended up working best was 549KB.  There is one that is slightly larger but apparently does not have info for the Drakkin race.  

Re-edit:  So this dbstr_us.txt still isn't good, and apparently it's supposed to be much larger than any I have.  All my searching just leads to others referencing replacing this file with one from SoD+ but not where to actually get it (other than patching Live).  I even found a raw, cached version for Everquest.com (apparently still cached from when you could patch without signing up), but that one still isn't good.  If anyone can point me in the direction of getting the proper dbstr_us.txt file, please let me know.  I can always sign up for a trial, but this is using a nuclear bomb to kill a fly.  I'll do it if I have to, though I'm hoping someone can PM a Dropbox link or something.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:12:44 pm by nulland » Logged
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 03:57:56 pm »

This is from live from a few months ago.  It isn't perfect, but really none of them are since the only file that actually matched that client is the one that's broken in the steam download.  I don't really notice them anymore, but you may see some misnamed AA or missing strings there since those AA no longer exist on live.
nulland
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 06:52:05 pm »

This is from live from a few months ago.  It isn't perfect, but really none of them are since the only file that actually matched that client is the one that's broken in the steam download.  I don't really notice them anymore, but you may see some misnamed AA or missing strings there since those AA no longer exist on live.

Outstanding.  Thank you very much.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053