Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:22:45 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TIKI Changes  (Read 8506 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2011, 10:50:51 am »

What you guys thinking about a TIKI change request from Hunter?

Currently 0-30 min spawn.

Can we get it bumped to like 0-15 min spawn?

15 minute max seems more realistic.

/go
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:56:10 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 11:56:44 am »

that would be way better. I noticed that t1 tiki's spawn much more often then t2 tiki's. At first i thought it was just RNG but after doing enough of both tikis im starting to think its more then just RNG.

15 minutes would be much better, i shouldn't be able to clear almost every t2 dragon in the zone with my 3.0 crew and still have time to go make a plate of pasta and be back before either t2 tiki spawns.

i also heard somewhere on these forums (although i cant find where) that tiki's in an instance are somehow affected by the tiki's in pub & other instances, is there any truth to this?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:45:11 pm by Digz » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 12:30:27 pm »

I designed the 4 Tiki's with 4 different timers based on 4 groups of bosses (7 bosses x 4 tikies?) all with their own NPC ID to create 4 different timers.

Anyways, when I created the T1/T2 Plane of Dragons, we didn't have instances yet so we didnt plan timers with that in mind. So I do believe its possible for instanced Tiki's to affect everyone elses. Something I might need to tweak in the future.

Maybe keep the Tiki UP forever and then check the local instanced zone if any of the 7 bosses are up before allowing another gem turn in.

This zone was designed to prevent guilds from griefing each other by spawning a boss on top of someone elses raid.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 12:56:42 pm »

I designed the 4 Tiki's with 4 different timers based on 4 groups of bosses (7 bosses x 4 tikies?) all with their own NPC ID to create 4 different timers.

Anyways, when I created the T1/T2 Plane of Dragons, we didn't have instances yet so we didnt plan timers with that in mind. So I do believe its possible for instanced Tiki's to affect everyone elses. Something I might need to tweak in the future.

Maybe keep the Tiki UP forever and then check the local instanced zone if any of the 7 bosses are up before allowing another gem turn in.

This zone was designed to prevent guilds from griefing each other by spawning a boss on top of someone elses raid.

So what happens when there is no killing happening in the local zone so none of the 7 bosses can be up? but yet Tiki's will and do respawn in instances. (sorry a little scripting dumb I am.)

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 11:35:56 am »

The Tiki's in PoD were updated about a week ago to depop when spawning a boss, then respawn very shortly after the boss dies (under 30 seconds?).

Just wanted an update, to see how this was going for POD T1/T2? Working alright for everyone?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 01:16:05 pm »

Works good Hunter, farmed full T1/2 for a necro a lot faster then the old tiki respawn timers
Darubious

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 01:23:29 pm »

This is a great change and seems to be working very well.

Darub (Warrior)
Darubious (Necromancer)
Healdarubious (Cleric)
Holydarubious (Paladin)
Buffdarubious (Shaman)
Melodarubious (Bard)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 01:37:23 pm »

Awsome.

Originally created PoD cause guilds were locking down Anguish from each other (keeping all the spawns down).

Tiki's were created with the intent that aprox 4 guilds can nonstop farm bosses without interfering with each other.

Respawns/Timers were put in so that guilds couldn't spawn bosses on top of each other when another guild was already raiding a boss.

The 30 minute respawn time was suppose to give guilds time to loot the corpse before another guild spawned a boss.

All of the above were done BEFORE we had instances.

Now some minor updates to tiki's along with instances available seems to make it work a lot better!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 02:43:12 am »

I was wondering if Shadow in HoH was created with a similar intent. Shadowstepping so that the guilds that were in the zone all had the chance of a lucky shot at the boss? Now with private instancing, is this something we would like to keep the way it is?

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 04:49:29 am »

The tiki changes are amazing by the way!  T1 / T2 was always the huge roadblock in gearing up new toons for me.

Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 05:12:21 am »

I was wondering if Shadow in HoH was created with a similar intent. Shadowstepping so that the guilds that were in the zone all had the chance of a lucky shot at the boss? Now with private instancing, is this something we would like to keep the way it is?

Shadow was changed to shadow step after instances were in play (if memory serves correct) in order to make 3.5 and charm farming more difficult.

I doubt it will return to the old way.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 09:54:41 am »

What he said.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: