Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:44:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Titanium Vs SoF/SoD  (Read 26287 times)
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2010, 01:33:30 am »

Some people have been asking this so here you go. A complete list of things good and bad about SoF/SoD to compare to your current use in Titanium. This is a complete list of new features to the SoF/SoD clients whether they work atm or not.

1. Second set of Bank slots (Active) (SoF and SoD)

2. Third set of bank slots (Active) (SoD)

3. AA window revamp. No longer requires you to spend any AAs in one tab in order to spend them in another tab. Also merges some of the tabs. All of the exact same AAs are there they are simply merged in with different tabs. No there are no new AAs for the clients though, that's server side not client side. Also yes all of the same AAs work for SoF/SoD as they do in Titanium, if they don't work in SoF/SoD it's because they don't work in Titanium either. (SoF and SoD)

4. New Mob Models. Other than the new Aneuk model (which you can find the post for here:http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=332.0) You won't be seeing these models on EZ unless the server uses them in new content. At the end of this post is going to be a list of races that are global for the SoD client which may or may not be used to the effect of new illusions Wink (races 475-586 which includes the Drakkin are SoF and SoD only. Race 587-627 which includes the new Aneuk are SoD only.)

5. Mana cap appears to be Titanium only. The other two clients may progress their mana beyond that point without using the -mana augs. (SoF and SoD)

6. Item window change. Items windows now have far more organized stats making comparing items much simpler. Also the name of an item will be in red if you can't use it or green if you can use it, thus there's no excuse for "oops i looted it and didn't know i can't use it" so let the ban hammers fall! (SoF and SoD)

7. Money no longer has any weight at all (SoD only)

8. UI reconfiguration. The SoD UI has changed quite a bit. For example the target window now displays your target's buffs, group window now displays mana/endurance in addition to hp/pet and also makes the group leader's name green so you never have to ask who the leader is. If you're the leader of a group your name will be green. The new Merc window may soon be used for EQEmu's bots (although EZ doesn't use bots so that has no bearing) (SoD only)

9. Loot all button. No more clicking each item individually to loot it. Just click "Loot All" at the bottom of the loot window (SoD, SoF was supposed to have it to but there are a few things missing from the fresh CD install of SoF and i can't remember if that was one of them)

10. Drakkin race. Fully usable. Slight issue with items not being wearable by Drakkin atm but it's an easy fix. (SoF and SoD)

11. More modern custom UIs are compatible with SoD since it's only a year old. (SoD only SoF as well in comparison to Titanium but it's over two years out dated)

12. Tons of new item icons and graphics. Though until EZ gets new SoD content this has no bearing. (SoF and especially SoD)

13. /charinfo. Displays your current bind locations. Not yet implemented. (SoD only)

14. Ornamentation. Changes the appearance of weapons and shields. Not yet working. (SoD only)

15. Blocked Buffs. If you don't want a certain HELPFUL spell cast on you you can block it. Does not, obviously, work on detrimental spells. I know that last part is common sense but i know someone will ask it if i don't specify. Does not currently work (SoF and SoD)

16. Levitate is no longer a bobbing effect, instead it simply raises you into the air and keeps you there. Much less annoying. (SoD only)

17. Fellowships. The ability to form a fellowship with 9 players (Lord of the Rings anyone??) and even set down a campfire that you can use to teleport to that fire's location from anywhere in the game via use of a fellowship object. Not yet implemented (SoF and SoD)

18. Power Source slot. Power Sources will increase the stats of items that have a "purity" level. The purity level of the item and the strength/life span of the Power Source (which, like a battery, will eventually fade) determines how much the stats of that item are raised. Not yet working. (SoF and SoD)

19. Heroic Stats. Raises your stats and resists beyond their caps. This does work however no items in EZ currently have these stats. (SoF and SoD)

20. Guild Banners. The ability to teleport via the guild hall to a customizable banner placed by your guild leader/officers. Not yet working. (SoF and SoD)

21. Player Traps. Items that when an npc gets within a certain proximity cast an AoE spell usually of detrimental effect. Not yet working. (SoF and SoD)

22. Spheres of Influence. These spells act similarly to a bard song and provide various effects when inside their "Sphere of Influence". These are also called "auras" and the spells obtained at level 55 and 70 during the PoR expansion fall under this category.  Does not currently work. (SoF and SoD)

23. Multi Core work arounds. Computers with multi-core processors now have no issues playing EQ using the SoD client. Boxers also will notice boxing is now smoother as the client can assign each window to a different core and slow down the frame rate of hidden windows to increase performance. (SoD only)

24. West Bug fix. The West Bug that caused the world to turn into a black void whenever you faced a certain direction no longer plagues us. This fix removes this bug in it's entirety. People that came from the SoF client to SoD will love this... (SoD only)

25. Respawn Window. When you die instead of porting back to your bind point the camera will hover over your corpse and a window will come up asking if you want to return to bind or be rezzed, obviously you can only select the rez option if someone actually rezzes you. Eventually the window will expire and you will return to your bind point. This does not work on EQEmu yet and it still ports you to your bind point immediately. (SoF and SoD.)

26. Item Required levels. You can now equip items that you have not met the required level for yet. However you will receive absolutely no benefit from doing this. It seems this was mostly done so people that died and lost a level and no longer had the required level to wear some of their gear no longer had to un equip it until they leveled up. It works. (SoD only)

27. Extra change now automatically is converted to platinum while selling at a vendor. Sort of works sort of doesn't. It says it changed it into plat by showing <10 cp/sp/gp in inventory but it adds no plat. Then upon zoning or logging out and back in you have the same amount of cp/gp/sp you had before. Seems it still needs coded i guess. (SoD only)

SoD global races (If you want a screenshot of any of these for any reason just ask):

Code:
1-Human
2-Barbarian
3-Erudite
4-Wood Elf
5-High Elf
6-Dark Elf
7-Half Elf
8-Dwarf
9-Troll
10-Ogre
11-Halfling
12-Gnome
14-Werewolf (Old)
26-Froglok Armored
27-Froglok/Froglok Ghoul
42-Wolf (Luclin)
43-Bear (Old)
46-Imp
51-Tae Ew Lizard Man
58-Solusek Ro (Old)
60-Skeleton (Luclin)
62-Tunare
63-Tiger (Luclin)
66-Rallos Zek (Old)
75-Elemental (Old/Luclin depending on what is loaded)
82-Scarecrow
85-Spectre (Old)
89-Drake (Old)
91-Alligator (Old)
95-Cazic Thule
108-Eye of Zomm
120-Spectral Wolf (Luclin)
123-Innoruuk
127-Invisible Man
128-Iksar
130-Vah Shir
134-Mosquito
137-Kunark Goblin
141-Boat
142-Nearest Object (Minor Illusion)
143-Tree (New)
150-Erollisi
151-Tribunal (Old)
153-Bristlebane
161-Iksar Skeleton (Old)
199-Shik Nar
209-Earth Elemental (Old/Luclin)
210-Air Elemental (Old/Luclin)
211-Water Elemental (Old/Luclin)
212-Fire Elemental (Old/Luclin)
216-Horse (Luclin)
252-PoM Castle
330-Guktan
331-Troll Pirate
338-Gnome Pirate
339-Dark Elf Pirate
340-Ogre Pirate
341-Human Pirate
342-Erudite Pirate
348-Drogmor
356-Scaled Wolf
367-Skeleton (LDoN)
407-Lightning Warrior
408-Pyrilen
409-Bazu
411-Pyrilen (Same as 408)
415-Rat (OoW)
417-Gelidran
419-Girplan
433-Goblin (DoN)
436-Basilisk (DoN)
454-Werewolf (DoDH)
455-Kobold-(DoDH)
456-Sporali (DoDH)
457-Gnomework/Steamwork
458-Orc (DoDH)
464-Gargoyle (DoDH)
467-Shiliskin
468-Snake (DoDH)
469-Evil Eye (DoDH retextured LDoN model)
470-Hanvar (DoDH no axe model)
471-Zombie (DoDH)
472-Roboboar
473-Fairy (DoDH)
485-Spectre (New)
488-Banshee
492-Horse (New)
495-Scrykin
503-Bear Trap
508-Runed Stong Ring
510-Runic Symbol
512-Floating Skull
513-Spike Trap
514-Totem
517-Nightmare/Unicorn (New)
518-Horse (New)
519-Nightmare/Unicorn
520-Bixie (New)
522-Drakkin
524-Gnoll (New)
527-Harpy (New)
529-Satyr
530-Dragon
553-Banner
554-Banner
555-Banner
556-Banner
557-Banner
558-Aviak (New)
562-Kerran (New)
564-Siren (New)
567-Fellowship Fire Pit
568-Brownie (New)
574-Minotaur (New)
580-Worg
582-Chimera Mount
583-Kirin Mount
584-Cat Mount
586-Guild Banner
594-Worg Mount
597-Cragslither Mount
598-Wrulon Mount
623-Feran Mount
625-Sokokar Mount
627-Sokokar Mount
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:23:49 pm by zomgDanyelle » Logged

Blood of the Akkadian
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 06:17:22 pm »

8. "displays target's buffs"

This doesn't seem to work for me, it shows my OWN buffs.  (this threw me off at first, I wondered why every mob was buffed up like crazy..)

26. equip items you can't use

This does work. The item slot turns yellow, and of course you get no stats from the item.  I think weapons are the exception here.

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:21:21 pm »

8. "displays target's buffs"

This doesn't seem to work for me, it shows my OWN buffs.  (this threw me off at first, I wondered why every mob was buffed up like crazy..)

26. equip items you can't use

This does work. The item slot turns yellow, and of course you get no stats from the item.  I think weapons are the exception here.

8. Weird that worked for me when i had it (i have a UI that uses HoTT now instead), i did notice that it changes to your buffs when YOU get buffed though (For example when you target the buff bot and hail it changes to your buffs.

26. Yeah you're correct i found this out yesterday while running around my server. I had level 85 gear on and deleved to 70 to do the spawns for a 70ish zone and my items were still equipped.)

Blood of the Akkadian
talanos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 11:18:42 am »

Does the Custom SoF Spell File work for SoD as well?  SoD seems like the way to go based on this post; is there any reason to use Titanium over SoD?
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 01:14:03 pm »

Yes it does and no not imo

Blood of the Akkadian
Murrjok
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 12:06:38 am »

If hunter puts a replacement for PGT somewhere other then oldhighpass and turns on universal chat for ignore/friends/chat channels, we would be set for SoD to be the ideal client. Trevus managed it, how? I dunno.
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 08:10:59 am »

If hunter puts a replacement for PGT somewhere other then oldhighpass and turns on universal chat for ignore/friends/chat channels, we would be set for SoD to be the ideal client. Trevus managed it, how? I dunno.

I had thought he had done this already but when i ran around EK looking for Grenix Mucktail I couldnt find him.  So i went into Highpass and sat for 3 hours there after Consumer was done.  Grin

Rob Smiley
talanos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 04:30:24 pm »

So are SoD clients still unable to get PGT then?  I thought I read there was a fix for this. 
Murrjok
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 02:18:36 am »

He mentioned he would put it in the Karana's somewhere, but i have yet to see the mob or hear of its placement.
talanos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 09:01:36 am »

Okay, so if I keep my Titanium client around, and log in when I want to go find that mob, I should be okay right?
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 09:37:34 am »

Okay, so if I keep my Titanium client around, and log in when I want to go find that mob, I should be okay right?

Yup.. .I got mine using Titanium with no trouble.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 04:49:33 pm »

only thing that kept me using Titanium is the reports from people saying it devoured alot of computer resources, causing lag. If not for that, i would be using it now (not that my computer cant handle it, just dont like to)

talanos

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 10:51:50 am »

I'm actually running it now, and on a dual core with Win 7, it actually runs better than Titanium did.  But I do have alot of RAM to spare...

The graphics, especially particle effects, look alot better.  And its nice to see mana bars in group, and be able to swivel around your character in 3rd person view like in modern MMOs.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 12:14:03 pm »

It uses 1GB (out of 6) on Win7 x64 for me.  That's with every luclin model turned on and running at 1920x1200.  I imagine if you were boxing you would turn off luclins models and run each box in a smaller window 1024x768 or so...  as long as you have 2-4GB ram I don't see a problem running a few boxes.. (but I never tried)

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 04:39:34 pm »

My computer

I imagine i wouldn't have any problems either, however, i was just waiting a bit longer for bugs to get fixed... Quests to be sorted out, etc..

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64990
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 64