Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:07:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rogue Epic 3.0 click usefulness?  (Read 6477 times)
Drezden

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2010, 03:03:52 pm »

I love my rogue,but is it just me or is the 3.0 click rather tedious? I mean to use daggerfall you must stop attacking,hide, then hope next backstab lands. This is great for an opening but during a fight its kinda a pain. My crits are almost as big as what daggerfall does.

To me this is one reason rogue dps sucks. I'd rather see something like the zerkers clik if nothing else as a quick fix. I really dont  know what would be usefull clik otherwise.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 11:18:54 pm by Nindalf » Logged
Dawgrin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 03:13:34 pm »

At least your click does not crash zones when used like my paladin epic does...=p
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 03:53:26 pm »

I love my rogue,but is it just me or is the 3.0 click worthless? I mean to use daggerfall you must stop attacking,hide,sneak then hope next backstab lands. This is great for an opening but during a fight its kinda a pain. My crits are almost as big as what daggerfall does.

To use daggerfall you do have to stop attacking and hide. I can't remember if sneaking is actually necessary but I believe it's not. If you miss something with daggerfall on its most likely a range issue.

Anyway, the 3.0 click is awesome because it gives you daggerfall without having to do those things and the fact that the cooldown on the weapon is much shorter than the daggerfall ability. Further the cooldowns on the weapon and the ability are seperate so you can use one then the other.

The actual downfalls of the rogue classes's dps are the low non backstab damage, the actual base backstab damage of the weapon and the high interaction to dps ratio as compared to rangers.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 04:14:04 pm »

Daggerfall disc is every 30 sec, 3.0 clik is like every 5-10 sec. And they are not tied like you said.

My thing is thats alot of work for little pay off. My daggerfall hits for 20kish if I remember right. My norl backstab crits are for 11-15k.

I do agree on base dmg/delay should be adjusted,for alot of the DPS classes that fall short.

Getting the max out of a rogue here doesnt fit with the other classes,they are fairly EZ to maximize. Not asking for anything to be handed ,but brought more in line with playability and dps.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:47:23 pm by Nindalf » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 10:51:44 pm »

I am not sure where you are getting your numbers from but the max rogue bs with daggerfall and 3.0 is 40k. Hell of a lot more than the 20kish you mentioned. Furthermore, back when the haste was working on brawlers my rogue out dps'd my monk with a lvl 10 brawlers whereas my monk was using 25. Now that the haste on that is broken and they are both the same haste (70%) my rogue will be that much farther than my monk in dps. Using just the disc daggerfall and not the epic click means I get 1 daggerfall bs ever 4 bs's. Using the epic click along with the disc means I get daggerfall bs 3 out of ever 4 bs. Rogue epic click is very far from worthless.

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 11:22:49 pm »

I've yet to see a 40k from my rogue with 3.0's and mossy V's .

But I do agree worthless was a little harsh, its just tedious when compared to other EZ epics/classes.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 11:25:55 pm »

Ive done a 40k followed by a 20k and a 20k they are there

Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 12:15:31 am »

I've yet to see a 40k from my rogue with 3.0's and mossy V's .

But I do agree worthless was a little harsh, its just tedious when compared to other EZ epics/classes.

I've heard SoD nerfs Rogue BS damage, so maybe that is why? Assuming you use SoD..

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 12:33:59 am »

I do use SoD..maybe thats it. Is there a command to let you see your stats/skills the server has for me?

I tried using daggerfall during fights and with adds and AE I had a hard time pulling it off enough to make useful.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 211