Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:05:12 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rogue Help  (Read 5368 times)
Soloni

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2010, 09:49:29 pm »

Giggity Goo,

Just recently, I have made a rogue for the *radio edit* of it. I got my 3.0's and I am working on outfitting him now. But I have no idea how to play one. I know that you stand behind mobs and push auto attack. But what discs do I use?

For my monk, I have 4 that I push rapidly for maxium DPS. Dragon Fang, Flying Kick, and 2 others.

I know rogues have back-stab, but is there anything else I should be mashing while attacking?

Thanks Guys and Gals

WTB an open tiki at any time of the day please, last 5 days perma camped makes me sad in the pants.
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:00:43 pm »

duelist and make an evade hotkey

/attack off
/doability hide   (replace hide with the ability number)
/attack on

that'll keep your aggro under control until your war has 3.0s Tongue
Elaith

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:37:20 pm »

For long fights to get the most dps I like to open with Daggerfall (combat ability) then follow up with 3.0 right click. I have the 3.0 on a hotkey so I can hit it right after the first backstab.  You still have to wait for the next oppertunity to backstab but the reuse timer starts when you cast not on when you actually use it and you have 30s to use it.  I usually follow with a 2nd 3.0 right click at the 30second mark. As soon as it goes off I burn duelist. After duelist is up I use frenzied stabbing.  Throw in a 3.0 click whenever no discs are up.

Other tips:
Sneak can be used to run behind mobs even if they can see through Shroud of Stealth (first AA a rogue should ever buy).
Mobs turn slow so you can dance around mobs to get a shot at the back when soloing.  Practice a bit and you will get good at it quick.
Deadly Precision which has a short reuse timer (5mins or so) also is right click on 2.0 or 2.5 can't remember which adds a small bit of dps (should lower miss rate a couple %) Also use SoF or SoD client for extra attack.  Using said clients + deadly precision I parse 98% on target vs 96% on titanium.
Nimble (dodge for 15s) has its uses if you are waiting for a heal.  Normally counterattack is a better option however nimble reuse is half that of counterattack.
Always verify that sneak actually worked before taking off running into a crowd of mobs.
Casting spells doesn't break sneak hide on here. You can often single pull mobs by using a clicky especially from behind.
Looting corpses breaks hide but the button doesn't reflect it.  If you are carefull you can sneak behind a mob and loot a corpse it is standing over as long as no other mobs facing you are close enough to agro on you.
Rogues have a smaller agro footprint than other classes.
For Escape to work you have to hide immediately after using it unless you are out of agro range of the mobs.
You must be standing still to hide.  The nimble evasion AA doesn't work on here.
Rogue CoH (corpse drag + rez clicky) is quite usefull for skipping trash in LDoN etc.
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 12:50:59 pm »

oh yeah dur daggerfall, duelist is the disc.  Go figure i've never mained a rogue ever.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 09:25:17 am »

Elaith's write-up right there really made me want to try a rogue. They sound badass.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 211