Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:35:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Why No Rogue Love?  (Read 12426 times)
Loyal

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2010, 10:59:55 am »

The first char I made was a rogue before i new anything about this server. A Month and a Half later I have a group and a half and am farming T1. I never made a rogue because I heard all the best classes for DPS are War/Rng/Mnk.

So, When I decided to increase my team of Super Best Friends I decided i would make a Rogue. After getting his 3.0's I was running Tacvi last night to get his Tacvi pieces before the impending change. I noticed their DPS is pretty damn good at that level (I havent parsed it yet). I am pretty sure that naked with 3.0s hes out damaging my Ranger who is 3.0 (T1 Auged) and T1 Geared.

So i was just wondering why Rogues get no love - is it just because they require your attention every 6 seconds or so for BS? I recall hearing something about their BS being capped at something but couldnt find it again.

Any advice from those who are T3+ with experience with Rogues would be great.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 11:25:19 am »

I have a rogue that is nearly full t2 (might be full, cant remember). He is on par with monk and ranger dps. The downfall about rogues is they require a lot of clicks. Between using their discs and their epic and sneak/hide for daggerfall it is constant clicks. When I play I am constantly tabbing over to this toon or that to make minor adjustments and this and that. I don't have time to put 100% of my attention on a toon.

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 11:25:37 am »

So i was just wondering why Rogues get no love - is it just because they require your attention every 6 seconds or so for BS?

Exactly.
Murrjok
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 11:57:33 am »

Backstab is currently capped on SoD clients...  Titanium and SoF have no issues with backstabbing atm. Rogue are indeed good dps, however they need to be played as a main and not part of a box team for full result.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 12:15:26 pm »

Well so far this is what i wanted to hear.

I am currently boxxing War/War/Pal/Rng/Rng/Clr

So far in T1 I put everyone on auto attack and wait for 4 minutes while the boss dies rarely even having to heal with my Clr. So atleast for the moment i would welcome a character that i dont have to just auto attack and can work with to increase the DPS of my set up.

So I suppose my follow up question would be. . . At what point do Boss Fights stop turning into an Auto Attack fest and start requireing more of my attention?

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 01:46:47 pm »

In T2 they spawn adds. In there you have to burn the adds down. Might be tricky but can still be done while managing your rogue. I just didnt want the hassle since I don't really enjoy rogues anyway.

Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 01:59:04 pm »

Prior to Plane of Dragons being put in Rogues were one of the best classes imo. You could sneak in any zone, even Anguish (this got nerfed post Tacvi eventually). DPS was pretty damn good too.

Unfortunately as everyone has mentioned they aren't a very good choice for boxing. Their dps is very high maintenance. I very rarely play mine in T2. Though I still think its a cool class.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 02:33:49 pm »

So I suppose my follow up question would be. . . At what point do Boss Fights stop turning into an Auto Attack fest and start requireing more of my attention?

Well all of EQ is to some extent an autoattack kind of game.  Although when doing qvic the first few times prior to getting anger augs I remember having to stay on top of adds and things to that effect.

If you're working your way though PoD I'm sure your first few solo Kronos kills will make you stay on top of your toons.  Certainly once you are fighting 3.5 boss/T4/MCP you will have to be on your toes. 

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 03:17:04 pm »

Thanks for the discussion - I appreciate all of your input.

In case any of you care Tongue I have decided to stick it out with my rogue. I can Auto Attack on all of my chars and switch between my 2nd War/Rog to grab and Burn Adds (unless i can just tank the Adds and Boss on my Main War).

I played a Rog on Live and love playing rogues (and seeing big numbers). So I basically just want to make this work out. Im just hoping that there wont come a point that managing my rogue will make fights impossible.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 06:24:24 pm »

By the time your warrior can just tank the adds and deal with them after the boss is dead you wont need the gear from that zone. Burning the adds down is essential.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 11:37:15 pm »

By the time your warrior can just tank the adds and deal with them after the boss is dead you wont need the gear from that zone. Burning the adds down is essential.

Ya i figure this is the case. What i meant was that i would just switch my Rog over to kill the add. If i need additional DPS i could switch a ranger over as well. The only thing i am interested to see is if i need to offtank the adds or if my main tank can tank the boss as well as the adds as they spawn.

Demeth

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 12:06:24 am »

Backstab is currently capped on SoD clients...  Titanium and SoF have no issues with backstabbing atm. Rogue are indeed good dps, however they need to be played as a main and not part of a box team for full result.

Any idea what the cap is and when it starts restricting your dps? I've been using a SoD client the whole time so I wouldn't know.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 12:14:00 am »

I played a rogue on live and I loved the class.  Just too much work here and from what Ive heard the 4.0 dps just doesnt add up, though Im going to be trying it myself soon to see.

Poop
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 02:56:01 pm »

I'm interested to know the dps difference between SOD and Titanium. I like the idea mentioned above, box all the other classes and play the rog as the main. I am currently running SOD and don't like the idea of getting into something with a predetermined handy cap.

Deadend
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 03:01:31 pm »

I'm interested to know the dps difference between SOD and Titanium. I like the idea mentioned above, box all the other classes and play the rog as the main. I am currently running SOD and don't like the idea of getting into something with a predetermined handy cap.

Deadend

I have a rog and he does pretty good dps.. Just make sure not to run him on SoD it capped your BS dmg to low. Also my rog attack alot faster then monk so with some icestrikes Im hoping the procs will throw him way up.

Another thing Rog epic 3.5 and 4.0 clicky is daggerfall you do not have to hide to use. If you set up some macros you can pump good dps

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 211