Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:11:45 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: HUGE UPDATE  (Read 16239 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 07:56:26 pm »

With a nightmare of problems happening, it probably isn't even wise to do anything extremely deep or complicated. With any massive change over, there is always a small chance for failure.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Drast

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 08:54:41 pm »

yeah did a bunch of Named farming in T5 today.  going to suck loosing those if a rollback happens.

Guess that not all improvements come off flawlessly.  Hunter still does a great job without having a huge paid staff, so I'm willing to cut him a break on stuff like this.
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 08:57:11 pm »

Loots are obviously not working as intended.

Might need to roll back to the last back up.

Oh come on i spent  5 hours finishing up both my uc's i was working on! charms weren't dropping any more then they usually do, if anything they were dropping less!  Sad
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:00:22 pm by napoleonn » Logged
zymral

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 09:41:29 pm »

When will we know if you are going to roll back i really dont want to turn in / finish farming fg stuff till you know / roll back the server.
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 09:56:21 pm »

prolly being rolled back now. while it may suck that we lose out on stuff it's not like we didn't get a little bit of a warning- least via forums too Smiley

1flytrapp
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 10:19:02 pm »

Looks like server crashed or was brought down
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 11:36:19 pm »

I've been working with Hunter, stopped quite a while ago as he's been making his own preparations.

He's got intermittent crashes that haven't been cleanly reproducible yet he doesn't have the proper setup currently to debug any zone crashes.

He'll let you know of any further information.

Loot isn't necessarily an issue, it's more the crashes that players were reporting. I don't know how many were happening and how they were happening but that would all be good information to know.

EZ Server GM
Obskure

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 11:40:47 pm »

I second the pls don't roll us back finally got 2 rares today for my t5 flag, but hey you gota do what you gota do.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2012, 11:43:22 pm »

Posted a new topic on the rollback.

I realize some players got lucky on loot. The loot system was broken. I don't need a flooded market from broken loots.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2012, 11:45:11 pm »

I know a lot of players crashed zones. Can we be specific how we were doing it? Which buff did you use. Which NPC did you hail and what did you say to the NPC etc?

Thanks Akkadius for the time helping so far.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2012, 11:53:17 pm »

I know a lot of players crashed zones. Can we be specific how we were doing it? Which buff did you use. Which NPC did you hail and what did you say to the NPC etc?

Is it possible to reflect the shout kill you cast on yourself? Sounds confusing... but not even sure how reflecting spells worked. (Sm // Goblin pet buff)

Just spam hailing the crap out of the buff bot I was able to make an instance of Nexus crash and it would shoot my client instantly to the log in screen. Like a World Kick.

Only on a SPAM // Death is where it would crash my instance. (Guessing getting the buff spam + client death)

If I used invuln I could spam her infinitely and it would not crash at all. I was getting tons of buffs over and over.. and getting chain DTed but never crashed. Then I stopped hailing when my Invuln wore off and zone stayed stable.

Any possibility the crashes were from qglobals checking character flags when hailing NPCs?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:01:03 am by Paldail » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 8678