Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:13:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tryin to finish off my group - Need suggestions  (Read 6688 times)
Xalle

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2011, 04:32:53 am »

I have the following:

Warrior (tank)
Pally
sk
mage

I'm pretty sure I need more heals - Should I go cleric or pally? I can do T1 content fine but T2 tikis kick my butt.

My only concern is adding yet another plate class to the group Tongue

Thoughts? Ideas?
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:40:16 am »

1 Pally wont cut it when you start doing t3+. I would say go cleric so you get a few spells that can help you out later on. (Divine Intervention, cleric epic stonewall click for down time on warrior stonewall among other things)

desmondtwh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 05:42:40 am »

yap i agree with funk, get a cleric ... and then a monk/rogue for DPS
Xalle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 05:50:33 am »

Cool - I already got a cleric layin around leveled w/ 2.0 so gettin em to T1 wont be terrible.

How far do you think the group could take me?  Would I be able to do T5 with said group? (said group being adding monk / cleric to group)
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 06:01:14 am »

My original group:
War/war/pal/pal/pal/clr took that one to t4
In the mean time i was levelling toons for rots etc.
I later switched to War/war/pal/pal/bst/clr
Not enough dps
which lead me to war/bst/pal/pal/rog/clr
pet was more hassle than it was worth even when setting it up for the bst to attack from behind.
so now I run
War/monk/rog/pal/pal/clr

This setup lets me do 6 avatars in hoh without breaking a sweat. Do t3 mobs in about 5 minutes. Do the Warlord (t4 bp mob) in about 10 minutes. War, monk, rogue, and main pally are all augged to the teeth. Once I aug out 2nd pally and cleric the dps will be even better.

Xalle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 06:11:59 am »

How bad was it trying to gear all those plate classes? 

One hand - With T1 having rot bot and T2, T4 & T5 being class specific.. I want to say it really doesnt matter if its plate or not.

Am i right in this thought?
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 06:53:21 am »

Gearing team in plate wasn't too bad. You only really start to feel it in t4 when you are truly at the mercy of RNG for paladin pieces.

Xalle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 07:52:37 am »

Is the rogue the char you play while switchin to cleric for heals? or is rogue auto dps pretty solid?  I've seen the parses but I was under the assumption of that being min/max'd dps

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 07:57:37 am »

dont have to switch to cleric for heals...
Clr has 41 oracle and main pally has 50 oracle so they proc more than enough healing to handle the situation. 2nd pally only has 21 oracle but again proc heal does the job. Haven't been in a fight yet where i had to use vivication or any other kind of heal. And ya a big part of the dps comes from micro managing the backstabs from the rogue, everything else is auto attack.

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 01:27:34 pm »

Adding a cleric will increase healing potential, but also exponentially increase effort to box your group.  With the SK tanking and self healing quite a lot, a second paladin would give you all the healing you would need to go through T5.  The only thing you would not be able to do (and one cleric won't change that anyway) is MCP...

My set up is SK with RoA 100, and UC, Pally with UC, Pally with Oracle 41, Mage, Bst, and Ranger with UC and I can do any content on the server with the exception of MCP and the big drachnid in Dreadlands.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 03:54:45 pm »

My original group:
War/war/pal/pal/pal/clr took that one to t4
In the mean time i was levelling toons for rots etc.
I later switched to War/war/pal/pal/bst/clr
Not enough dps
which lead me to war/bst/pal/pal/rog/clr
pet was more hassle than it was worth even when setting it up for the bst to attack from behind.
so now I run
War/monk/rog/pal/pal/clr

This setup lets me do 6 avatars in hoh without breaking a sweat. Do t3 mobs in about 5 minutes. Do the Warlord (t4 bp mob) in about 10 minutes. War, monk, rogue, and main pally are all augged to the teeth. Once I aug out 2nd pally and cleric the dps will be even better.

Hey there, I'm really new here on EZ, but love to multibox. I am starting on my first 6 man team and really appreciate the recommendations above. Out of curiousity, how do you feel a SK would perform in the WAR spot in your newest line up..? so SK/PAL/PAL/MNK/ROG/CLR

Thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestions.

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 06:42:07 am »

An SK can fill the tank role  quite well.  In fact, there are times when an SK can out tank a warrior

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 07:55:01 am »

Sk can tank...but in the trade off you lose stonewall and auto hate (anger IV augs). So that means you are casting to create hate so that your monk and rogue dont get plastered, not too mention if you cast a heal with your cleric.

War as a tank is auto attack and forget, which leaves you with the option of spending time on your rogue to do the daggerfall/backstabs for big DPS.

War- auto attack and forget (stonewall when you need)
Pal - auto attack and forget
monk - auto attack and forget  (for the most part)
cleric - auto attack and forget (once you get them their 4.0) and depending on situation you can cast divine intervention [ great vs shoutkills ]
SK - requires you to be involved creating hate and clicking epic.

If you go with war as a main tank you will be thanking yourself when the time comes that you need to kill MCP a few times.

whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 01:26:56 pm »

While a SK will work in a pinch, a War is you best bet for a boxer because it is lower maintenience to actual play while boxing.

Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 06:34:12 pm »

Many thanks guys. Got started on the WAR last night... A little slow going this first time through with setting up the group, but got one of my Pally's to 60 last night, won't be long before I have the whole group to 70.

Thanks again!!

Team Bladethorn
Forbid, War 18
Stormfade, Pal 60
Vailyn, Pal 1
Raivin, Rog 41
Redwynd, Mnk 1
Aayen, Clr 1

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 221