Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:27:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Issues with EZ Server  (Read 24646 times)
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 01:46:30 pm »

Lets try and keep this to one thread. Otherwise shit never will get done http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4520.msg58531;topicseen#new
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 01:47:35 pm »

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3932417982.png

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 12:08:37 am »

First time seeing this thread or hearing about it since I've been extremely busy with work with a flood of projects and some of them very massive.

If we're having an issue, I'm going to correct it. It looks like you guys have been trying to draw commonalities in what your issues could possibly be related to and that is helpful.

What I'd like to ask about some of these issues.

When characters drop during zone, are you currently in an Expedition? Is there a zone that strikes issues more often than others?

When characters drop, is it a client crash or is it a client hang?

If it's a client crash, I need people to send me an E-Mail at akkadius@live.com IMMEDIATELY after having a client crash. Upload me your logs/dbg.txt file describing what happened right before hand to the crash incident. This dbg.txt file clears as soon as you start the client again so it is very important to do as instructed otherwise it does not help me.

Are the issues with the server necessarily performance related or are they specific to a subset of issues such as client drops on zoning?

For a long time we've had the server screaming and stable, and if its not - we'll bring it back.

EZ Server GM
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 06:28:33 am »

It's difficult to articulate, thanks for the questions to put a logic to it..

First of all, most agree it started near Halloween, but didnt become an epidemic really until after.

For me it's  certain toons mainly.. My Shaman, Ranger, Enchanter, and (omg everytime) Cleric. Some were postulating it was due to the /tell queue issue. I can guarantee non of these toons are ever sending or receiving /tells. Period. And my toon who does most often (Warrior, and Kanyon the pally as well) never drop while zoning. So i doubt strongly tell /queues are involved.

It doesnt seem to be expedition based. I finish my expeditions quickly, I'll notice crashes more often in t9 and t7. Maybe loading the wide open landscapes? /shrug. I think expeditions get bad raps because of the connection to House Garden Event for Halloween, when the server was crashing left and right at times (and then, of course, we actually were in an expedition).

Anytime i crash i get the MQ2 protect msg, and as soon as i hit ok on that the screen closes. It's also almost always one of the last couple toons i have loaded in (hence, shm/clr/rng/etc, instead of vital toons).

Some people are complaining about loot lag at times, but that seems situational to time of day (busy times) and certainly not a constant issue. From what i've observed with my own eyes and in ooc reactions is mainly that zoning toons is often an adventure.

As to my personal guess, I'm assuming its got something to do with either the latest spell file or just the halloween makeover of the nexus still being involved. It fits the timeline, we havent had any spellfile updates since then, and there just may be some weird bits of data slightly changed that make nexus a death trap cuz its trying to render some whacky bat decor in some odd corner or something. That would explain why it started happening haloween time, and persists.

Peeps, are we noticing this more often zoning into Nexus? or is it unilateral across the board to any zone?

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 07:59:52 am »

For me it happens when zoning into t8/t9/when zoning into an expedition.  Some toons will make it in others don't.  Seems everything just hangs and I have to close the client down and reboot it.  When I zone with 12 toons I may zone over with 3 or 6 the others have hung up somewhere in the ethos. Makes logging in very tedious.  Often when toons do log over ping rates are incredibly high.  Some toons will be at 60ms...others at 500-700 (and the number sometimes will continue to climb rapidly to around 1k). Ping rates (for me anyway) have been unusually high as I use to always ping around 50ms or so with 12 toons to around 120ms now. That is why I posted the link from the internet post sight ookala (or whatever it is called) to show what my cable speed ping and upload/download speed is.  I mean if it is my end, that's cool, if its your end, its cool...I just don't understand what is going on.  Of course if it is your end, all the better, you guys are smart enough to fix it...if it's my end I'm just fudged...and I am NOT thinking fudged....just keeping it PG.  Grin

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 08:18:05 am »

Not sure if this helps or not.....but I didnt get anything from Halloween, and I am having none of the issues described in any zone. Perhaps something related to one of the newer Halloween items?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 02:49:04 pm »

First time seeing this thread or hearing about it since I've been extremely busy with work with a flood of projects and some of them very massive.

If we're having an issue, I'm going to correct it. It looks like you guys have been trying to draw commonalities in what your issues could possibly be related to and that is helpful.

What I'd like to ask about some of these issues.

When characters drop during zone, are you currently in an Expedition? Is there a zone that strikes issues more often than others?

When characters drop, is it a client crash or is it a client hang?

If it's a client crash, I need people to send me an E-Mail at akkadius@live.com IMMEDIATELY after having a client crash. Upload me your logs/dbg.txt file describing what happened right before hand to the crash incident. This dbg.txt file clears as soon as you start the client again so it is very important to do as instructed otherwise it does not help me.

Are the issues with the server necessarily performance related or are they specific to a subset of issues such as client drops on zoning?

For a long time we've had the server screaming and stable, and if its not - we'll bring it back.

The chars that drop seem to be random it is not first or last in it just happens to hang on a few here and there. Seems that if just idling in a zone i jump to outrageous ping times. This happened during the Halloween event and many including myself complained about it (read the post on Halloween there are tons of posts on there). Not really sure what the issue is. I do know that i was helping you the night before running those tests. you seen me with all 18 on doing multiple zones across multiple zones and toons with no issues. next day i can even log in :/
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 07:59:19 pm »

From what I can tell, a majority of issues seem to stem from the Halloween character files that were made for Nexus.

Delete nexus_chr.txt from your client directory. See how that fairs on your client if you are having crashing issues.

Issues related to lag and desync could happen from a lack of available bandwidth with the amount of characters you are running. EverQuest has always ran for the most part on UDP messaging which means that it doesn't really do any handshaking or verifying that certain messages have been received and if you are saturating your connection there is no reliable way to recover that at the protocol level so you are bound to see some mixed results.

EZ Server GM
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 10:08:55 pm »

Looking for that nexus_chr.txt....only file I can find close to that is nexus_chr.s3d........where would I find nexus_chr.txt?  in a folder inside the client because I don't see it.
 Huh

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2014, 12:29:00 am »

Looking for that nexus_chr.txt....only file I can find close to that is nexus_chr.s3d........where would I find nexus_chr.txt?  in a folder inside the client because I don't see it.
 Huh

This was downloaded from the Halloween event, if you don't have it in there then you should be in good shape.

If you're still having problems we need to troubleshoot your problems separately.

EZ Server GM
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2014, 02:47:48 pm »

Yeah I did a full system restore after I kept having issues.  Was trying to see if it was anything on my end.  reinstalled the game and still having some issues...is why I haven't logged on much as of late.  Just not worth getting aggravated over.  Undecided

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2014, 03:54:12 am »

All desync issues I've ever had, has been related to bandwidth, either on the server end or my end.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2014, 03:54:08 pm »

I don't understand the bandwidth issues?  I have the same internet that I had prior and box the same number of toons on cable that I did on dsl...only having issues during/after Halloween this year.  Posted my upload/download/ping rates...so don't see where that is the issue.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2014, 04:50:41 pm »

The fall back is always blame the "connection" issues even if it's not. It's the easy answer to give. Most of the time it does apply, however this amount of people having this same issue, the bandwidth response does not fit. 

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 12:15:05 am »

The fall back is always blame the "connection" issues even if it's not. It's the easy answer to give. Most of the time it does apply, however this amount of people having this same issue, the bandwidth response does not fit.  

Don't confuse what I have said for a specific diagnosis, I'm giving probable causes and effects for particular issues.

I'm still very confident in figuring out folks issues, but I need data.

Ideally I would like everyone to have trouble-free experience regardless of whether or not it is solely at the server end.

EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64990
  • Total Topics: 5054