Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:51:51 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Server population dwindling  (Read 16966 times)
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2019, 06:39:30 pm »

I've progressed thru all tiers with like 30 toons. The idea of doing it again from scratch makes me feel ill.

I would much rather see that small amount of dev time available spent on new content, not a reboot.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 06:41:19 pm by Sarthin » Logged

Zentail

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2019, 02:47:43 pm »

I've progressed thru all tiers with like 30 toons. The idea of doing it again from scratch makes me feel ill.

I would much rather see that small amount of dev time available spent on new content, not a reboot.

I've played ultra-casually for years. Only in T7 atm. I'd be pretty bummed out for a restart. Optional restart, as in second server, might be okay, but definitely don't wipe current server. I probably wouldn't ever log back in. But as you said, I would prefer the little dev time be spent on other things.
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2019, 09:22:11 am »

Yeah, it should be a test server scenario, without wiping anything there currently is - Pretty sure, it wouldn't take too many from the current pop - but it would definently motivate old players and for sure, it would bring some new people to the content aswell. In my humble opinion T1-T5 was hella fun, when that was all there was.

But, I haven't got the faintest idea of what goes into creating a new server, or if the current hardware could even pull it off. But as I recall, the hardware got a major haul a few years back, so might be possible.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2019, 10:35:13 am »

Wouldn't it just be easier to implement an item that caps your ability to progress, if you're truly interested in grinding the lower level tiers?  Buy the item off a vendor for free, if the game sees it in your inventory or on your person, you can only flag through X tier.  You could also limit the ability to receive overpowering MGB buffs you don't have access to and basically make it as grindy as you want.  I guess I just don't get why you can't experience a more classic feel on the server as it is, since all the content exists and the only limiting factor is your willingness to restrain yourself from continuing to advance through higher tiers if all you're after is the nostalgic feeling of lower tier content.
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2019, 05:05:26 pm »

Wouldn't it just be easier to implement an item that caps your ability to progress, if you're truly interested in grinding the lower level tiers?  Buy the item off a vendor for free, if the game sees it in your inventory or on your person, you can only flag through X tier.  You could also limit the ability to receive overpowering MGB buffs you don't have access to and basically make it as grindy as you want.  I guess I just don't get why you can't experience a more classic feel on the server as it is, since all the content exists and the only limiting factor is your willingness to restrain yourself from continuing to advance through higher tiers if all you're after is the nostalgic feeling of lower tier content.

I think what drives a server the most, other than awesome content, is community and playing along with other people. In my experience, at the point where the server is now, you're pretty much doing your own thing in the high end tiers, and the lower ended tiers are basically empty. If the lower ended tiers was all there was, it would be much easier for new people to get into it, and there would be more people around where they are when they start up.

Its not 'just' about the grind, but its also about the grind =D Also, I realize that this is a "piss your pants to keep warm" solution to the problem, but I think for atleast a year or two, it'd be great.

Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2019, 05:46:12 pm »

I myself was looking to get back onto the game after the new year, just dont have time like i used to have to be on 4 to 8 hours a day so see how far along i can get before burning out again t10 is a rough grind.

Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2020, 12:48:58 am »

I'm finally back after 2 years!

Sunderock seems way easier but the weapons don't seem to drop as much. And to get level 79 I just do the 1000 plagues and turn in 100 weapons?

And I'm looking for a guild since my last one disbanded ^_^
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:55:47 am by Mersedez » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2020, 02:31:05 am »

HMU old timer!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members