Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:30:03 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Do FG/CG Quest is a lot like being George Bush looking for WMDs  (Read 9864 times)
Melandril

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2011, 04:04:37 pm »

If I fight the same guy in the same spot for enough years, I ought to find the WMDs necessary to prove to the American people we're not stealing Iraqy oil....
- GW Bush and FG/CG Questers

Seriously, several hours in the same camp for the chance at the right spawn with the right item seems a little ridiculous.  Up the drop rate to 100% and let people get through these quests, dependent solely on one's ability to google it.

(For the record, I'm playing off the stereo type of President Bush.  I neither stand for nor against the man.  When you respond, please share your frustration with the hours of wasted time camping.)
Agrias

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 04:28:33 pm »

Up the drop rate to 100%?  Why stop there?  Let's put T4 armor on the noobie merchant too.
Melandril

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 04:43:39 pm »

The only problem with that retort is that the FG quest is currently a test of "do I have hours to waste", where as the tiered armor and epics are a test skill and equipment.

not even approximately related objectives or rewards.
Agrias

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 04:47:09 pm »

T3/T4 doesn't take that much skill, fyi

Basically, your request seems ridiculous to me, better?  If you do not wish to camp the items, you can buy most of them from someone willing to "waste hours".
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 04:58:13 pm »

Not to piss in your cornflakes but if the fg/cg camp is too much for you then you are prolly playing on the wrong server. This server is built around time sync.

Melandril

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 05:11:58 pm »

really?  I had not realized the server was built on the concept of under rewarding players.  In fact, nothing I've seen (except the FG/CG quests) seem to indicate this.
Madthrok

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 05:17:23 pm »

When was the last time you played EQ Live? Have you tried P99? Talk about sitting in camps for days or 4-5 raids in a row to get 1 drop that is a slight upgrade.

Its all RNG. I have completed an entire FG in under 3 hours (some have done it faster) and I have had it take 2-3 days.

Hang in there. With some camps you are better off farming out gems for money and buying the drop.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 05:20:24 pm »

really?  I had not realized the server was built on the concept of under rewarding players.  In fact, nothing I've seen (except the FG/CG quests) seem to indicate this.

I've spent far more time and effort trying to get T2 plate breastplates for my toons than I ever did farming fg/cg for all of them and the alts I don't play anymore.  Qvic was even worse.

I'll second that if farming the fg/cg items is too much then you're in for a painful wake up call once you get to Qvic+
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 05:20:27 pm »

Let me save you the trouble Xiggie !

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 05:25:29 pm »

That is just too funny cause as I was reading I was thinking, man, i need a pic for this, lol.

Aname
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 05:33:44 pm »

OMG, where to begin?   Roll Eyes
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 06:01:16 pm »

CG stuff hardly has any line ups anymore since the changes to certain mobs.
FG stuff all the bottlenecks can be bypassed with Guild instances.
Average time to get a full FG set: around 3-4 hours.
Will take you far longer if you try do it without guild instances, or do something incredibly silly like trying to do it during peak hours.

Madthrok

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 06:07:57 pm »

Which piece of the FG quest are you looking for? I probably have one rotting that I can sell cheep.
Saragoth

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 04:22:07 pm »

Not to piss in your cornflakes but if the fg/cg camp is too much for you then you are prolly playing on the wrong server.

I'll even go further than that. If it's too much for you, then you're playing the wrong GAME, and there's really nothing more to say about it than that. Camping mobs, killing PHs, and hoping for loots for quest progression is and has always been - simply put - on obvious part of MMOs.

Sorry bud, maybe you should try Tetris or Tic Tac Toe or somethin.

100% drop rate....rofl

- Wirate

PS I wouldn't be surprised if I'm in the top 8 list of people who have farmed and sold the most FG kits on the server, and the FG quest never takes me more than 24 hours....and that's including bad-luck runs where I'm waiting 4-5 hours for one or more of the damned lguk drops.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:24:26 pm by Saragoth » Logged
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 04:28:28 pm »

I have fg/cg  sets coming out my anus send me tells to what you people need there is never ever a need to get all hasty in those camps anymore.  And yes t3/t4 does too take skill, I have to balance 6 toons attacking while I open budweiser, that sir, takes skillset higher than most can achieve.

Poop
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053