Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:34:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Xiggie's general guide to classes on EZ Server  (Read 23770 times)
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 06:35:32 pm »

From my understanding, VT does affect procs, but only magic-resist.

In other words, the pally epic proc is affected, but not Firestrike, Icestrike, etc. It was the decrease in pally proc damage and rise of augs that really neutered the effectiveness of VT.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 06:55:25 pm »

VT only affects spells that save vs magic.

this means:
not fire (Firestrike, Ninjastrike)
not cold (Icestrike)
not poison/disease, whatever.
NOT unresistable. -Anger is unresistble, so are a lot of epics ie druid/ranger click snare, SK I think....

Druids aren't as bad as you think... They got 2 instant heals, with Oracle they do ok, not as good as cleric obviously but ok.  Regen spells are BETTER than the epic, and last 6 minutes, not 2, and would last longer with Guardian/UC.  It's still great for ROA levels.

Temuli

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 05:42:03 am »

Correction re druids:

"Druids used to get a really nice regen on their epics that was wonderful for ring runs. I think it was replaced by a dot that is mediocre at best. "

I wish it was a dot. It's an AE nuke which is probably the worst possible thing I could want. The last thing you want to do on an overpull is have your boxed druid pull the extras. Druid epic needs a serious review.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 08:12:27 am »

Thank you for the correction. Updating.

Oilman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 10:45:44 am »

I am a very well geared Druid Main on this server (yes I said I am a druid main) and I really enjoy playing a druid. I consider my self pretty use full in T5 in groups. I don't box more than three toons at a time.

Druids get a decent dot that crits for 14k with out SC. The AOE on my 4.5  is fun for kiting it does 50k per AOE, with a nice snare, instacast, with only 6 sec recast. The regen is now a Spells that does at least 36k per tick with with 22 oracle. The pet ads some decent DPS (not as much as say a BST pet).  Druids are fun for  LDON, qvic, tacvi, T1, and  T2 runs, it may not be a fast as say some high geared SK's that I know (LL, Skeezy, or  Whatz) but it can be done. I enjoy the challenge that druids bring.   

Druids are not that bad of a class, as long as you can get through the early parts. They hold their own. If any one needs me info on Druids hit me up I will be glad to help.  If anyone need some running through LDON, QVIC, TACVI, or POD let me know I will be glad to help with this too.

Here is my char check it out.http://www.ezserver.online/magelo/character.php?char=Oilman

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 11:46:14 am »

I am glad you enjoy your class, I would like to say that first and foremost. It is always good to enjoy your class because this is after all a game. However I would like to put out some numbers based off the numbers you are giving.

14k crits on the dot. Crit is 2x, but lets just say you crit everytime on that dot. Then the 50k with a 6 second recast. Dots land every tic, tics are 6 second also. Add the two together and you come up with 64k per tic. Low end melee toons are doing that per second. 64/6 is 10.7k dps.

As far as the healing, 36k per tic would be very useful for ring runs but I personally don't think it is going to make any difference at all post T2 and even in T2 it is not going to make a huge difference due to its low lasting time. It might make some good difference if it lasted longer so a couple toons could go out and last with regen but having to come back to the party every 6 minutes makes me want to just carry a paladin with me and have more dps and a cure to boot.

I would like to add I am not trying to piss on your parade. It is good that you enjoy your class. But in putting this guide out I don't want to give anyone any misconceptions. Druid is an incredibly weak class compared to other classes. They really really need some attention before they become useful. I would say they need a pet. And that caster guild pet is not going to cut it. They need something with some meat on its bones and teeth in its mouth. Giving them a pet comparable to nec/bst/mage pet would probably put them on par with those classes without making them more powerful.

Oilman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 12:18:41 pm »

Druids do get a pet other than caster guild. Its a T4 spell. They do pretty well.

I understand Druids are not the best class but they can shine in certain situations. I am working on my UC once I get that I am sure I could be more help full.

Thanks for the guide it will be a great help for new players.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 12:43:46 pm »

T4 pet? Now that is intersting. What kind of dps does it get? How many hp? When you hail it can it buff you and does it get the 10k swords? Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated and added to the guide. I did not know they got any kind of pet, that really does change it. If the pet is stout enough and can pump out some dps that could very well mean they are well worth the effort.

Oilman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 02:55:02 pm »

It is a Giant Bear, Yes you can hail for buffs and Swords cond red to me at 70. Don't have anyway to measure DPS. Let me know when you get on I will show you. I will be on all night, and most of the weekend. Send me a tell we group up so you can Parse it
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 03:51:27 pm »

Not sure how old/outdated his comment is, but Clev mentioned the druid t4 pet here:
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=1601.msg21429#msg21429

It doesn't seem like it stacks up well to the other pets, but then again, that should be expected.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 08:10:33 pm »

Main problem of the pet is Druids don't get Affinity, so no healing or cures(not that you need cures post PoD I guess..).

The epic click is fine, 30k damage and a huge snare.  Only reason I don't click it is I'm usually clicking the Ranger's which is the same thing (they stack, I just can only handle so much window switching and clicking etc...) YES it's big aggro but if you cast Dread Gaze on a Pal/SK first no problem.

Other thing you forgot mention about the (new) Druid epic is it has the Paladin proc (dmg + heal + cure), it's like 2 levels below, so the Druid epic 4.0 has the paladin 2.5 - not that great obviously but it's /AFK damage and healing.

(update) I just parsed my druid with bear pet, dot, and meleeing about 8-9kdps.  That's obviously low but it's a dang druid so...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:33:39 pm by walk2k » Logged

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 10:50:17 pm »

If the Druid pet is anything like the shammy t4 pet, its capable of tanking t1 trash.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256