Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:31:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Enchanter ideas that do NOT include reinstating charm! *gasp*  (Read 16861 times)
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2010, 10:14:56 am »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to run a few ideas by you:

Give the Summon Monster spell line to Enchanters as a charm replacement - it is unused by mages atm, and could possibly summon a pet with strength depending on your flag (FG/CG/TG, 3.0, T3) from the zone list (or copying a targeted mob's avatar?).
This, obviously, is just a pet and has the same abilities and stats as a pet, so no duping possible (even though Secrets said it was fixed, Hunter sort of explicitly said that he left the fix message out, probably to avoid whining to bring charm back).

Make Enchanter's Arm slightly longer in duration than the current 30 seconds-1 min, but short enough and powerful enough to keeping an enchanter around actually makes a difference in DPS.

Give enchanters a self-only spell that basically turns them into a killing machine. They'd keep their own hps and ac, but do ungodly damage for the amount of time that the spell lasts. Recast timer to cap the usability if necessary (if you have enough gear and proper healing, you should actually survive the rampages, albeit barely).

Group-based Night's Dark Terror line spells would be nice.

And if you really want to make my day, take off the birdbath check that checks if an item is either droppable or usable by your class.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Deadshade

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 11:42:00 am »

I have liked playing enchanter since 99 . Really nice class .
Arrived on EZ server recently and noticed that the class defining spell - the charm , didn't work .
Are there any plans to make it work on this server or is it definitively out ?
Because without charm , enchanters and bards are useless and it would be a pity having only warriors and paladins running around .
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 11:49:52 am »

Shocked
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 12:06:21 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Demin
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 12:00:20 pm »

At least he found the forum...which is more than most people who ask the same two questions in OOC all the time.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 12:04:31 pm »

yea good point I'll edit.. Since today we celebrate 48G of RAM!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 12:09:36 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Deadshade

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 12:39:35 pm »

Sorry I would just like to know  .
Searched the boards but didn't find much unless some (for me) not understandable comments about a bug in a far past .
If there is a plan to get charm in (some day) , then all is well .
If not then it's good to know , I will play an enchanter somewhere else and all is well too .
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 12:42:41 pm »

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=347.0

Here is one of the many.

Pick another class and log into the game  Grin

-Hate"
Balthor2
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 03:51:30 pm »

hmm I remember when I asked secrets why he put the SHM and ENC spells on those two classes instead of switching them.
Talked to me like I was 2 and didn't know shit about EQ.
If I saw one change to Enc it would be swapping Enc Arm with the Shm equiv.
Charm would be nice but ultimately worthless. Good pets would be way fucking over powered and the charmable stuff in zones is so weak its not even worth using.
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 02:33:39 am »

OMG Balthor my hero!
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 08:29:53 am »

1.  Short term duration group buff (2 min?  3 min?) that stops -other- buffs from wearing off while it is active.  Would need to not apply to this buff itself, obviously.  
2.  Very -very- short term duration (6-12 sec?) group (or single) buff that stops -disciplines- from wearing off if it is active.  Would likely need to be a single target that has a cast time such that it can be kept realistically only on one or two people at a time maximum.
3.  Hit based rune instead of hp based rune.  Long term buff that stops 100% of the damage up to X hits (X being an obviously low number).  Would not have much application if tons of things are hitting you but could make enough of an impact to make one useful for large single mob(ish) encounters.

Honestly, not loving these ideas as it turns the enchanters into what the bards were at one point - poster children for carpel tunnel syndrome.  That said, better to state them and possibly get something that would make enchanters at least somewhat useful?  Unless we are giving enchanters some form of respectable dps (likely a hard thing to do) they need to either get something that makes the game easier for others, makes others more powerful, or makes others less likely to die.  The effect of 2 and 3 would be such that other encounters may need to be reconsidered to make sure they are not too easy now though.

Come on guys - these are bad ideas I have here and I posted them.  Surely someone has something amazing that you are not posting since you consider it a bad idea.  Who knows, it may be useful to someone.  Post it!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:34:35 pm by L0stman » Logged
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 10:57:44 am »

Given enchanters were, in early eq, probably best known for their illusions it may be worthwhile to considering a modification to the illusions.

1 - make sure that the spells that drop in ldon 6 (and other clicky items) are unlinked from the Enchanter Illusion Spells.  Perhaps have them cast an "EnchanterIllusionOgre" or "EnchanterIllusionOrc" etc.
2 - Keep the same restrictions on illusions - ~36 minutes, drops on zone, etc.
3 - Give each of the enchanter illusions a somewhat significant effect.  Illusion scarecrow?  Perhaps a proc rate modifier.  Illusion werewolf?   Perhaps an all damage modifier.  Illusion "Minor Illusion" (some zone object) - perhaps a mana regen modiifer (either percentage, or large number).   Illusion Tree?  Perhaps a hp regen modifier (either percentage or large number).  Illusion Fire Elemental?  -Significant- damage shield. Something large enough that people have to consider if this is something they want to an illusion for. 

Things of that nature.

Would change the class slightly while still keeping it related to what Enchanters were once known for.

L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 11:11:14 am »

Can always borrow a bit from the spells introduced later in EQ.

Give them spells that effect both a target and a group that increase incoming spell damage - would immediately make them useful for long fights where the melee classes are proccing a storm and wizards are trying to nuke the mobs into oblivion.

What percentage?  I do not know.  Too much and you cause a fight to become significantly smaller.  Too little and noone will bother.  Going to guess that ~30% for single target and ~15% for multi target would be fine.

Maybe bind this with the opposite view and allow spells that perform small increases to outgoing spell damage.  "Increase spell damage 15%" single target long duration would also be a great thing for them. 
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 02:16:26 pm »

I say give enchanters 100k wards/runes for the group with their 4.0.  Maybe an improved haste spell that gives an elemental base dd proc that would do enough damage people would want to have it in the group for the added dps. Besides that all i could see is making their dd/aoe/dots spells do more damage. For the casters maybe make the enchanters mind buffs have a spell damage bonus on them. Maybe even make them increase/replenish your mana by 10k or so. So maybe then wizards would want to do mana burn lol.

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 02:18:36 pm by Cracken » Logged
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 03:21:33 pm »

A manafeed line of spells would be nice - maybe even a manaburn spell that would let you feed all of your mana to one character (or divide it to the group?)

I know the succor line spells take mana from the group if you don't have enough mana, maybe that can be reverse-engineered to do the opposite.

That way, combined with the Full-Mana AA they have, they might actually keep a wizard happily manaburning at higher damage (remember, VT boosts magic damage - and manaburn is just that!)

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 186